Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:15:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Opinions On Tonights Meeting  (Read 13893 times)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Opinions On Tonights Meeting
« on January 07, 2013, 08:08:58 pm by SkellowRover »
What were peoples thoughts on tonight?

For me there were plenty of positives and only a couple of negatives.

Fixed price season tickets for next season is fantastic news along spread payments as is the news on how the 'In Rovers We Trust' program is coming along. If thos pizza's that were available tonight become available to buy on match days then the club is definitely onto a winner there! Also really pleased about the initiative regarding signing for deaf people.

My biggest disappointment and something i was expecting was hearing there will be no money for whoever comes in as our new manager. So he's got to deal with who is already at the club or sell in order to bring players in he wants. I was also disappointed that Steve's question was completely ignored and unanswred in regards to the club doing more to attract fans from the Polish/Kosovan communities in the town because i'm sure there are a few hundered more bums on seats we could attract if this was looked into and done correctly.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Opinions On Tonights Meeting
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2013, 08:11:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The phrase was same budget as dean. Who knows what is left of that?

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2013, 08:14:14 pm by SkellowRover »
The phrase was same budget as dean. Who knows what is left of that?

Considering Dean said on Saturday post match he would have to shift one out if he wanted to bring one in then i would say nothing is left of it.

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2013, 08:20:35 pm by DaveOfDonny »
I thought the club said they would make money available for Dean? Have they retracted that now he's gone?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2013, 08:22:26 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm sure the new manager will shift a few out if he doesn't like the look of them. Having said that if they can't get promoted with this squad then I don't think we'd want them anyway.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2013, 08:25:01 pm by SkellowRover »
I thought the club said they would make money available for Dean? Have they retracted that now he's gone?

They did Dave but Dean said after Saturdays match he maybe able to fetch one more in if he shifts one out, so who knows?

DaveOfDonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2013, 08:27:45 pm by DaveOfDonny »
Ah I see, there's a couple of players I wouldn't miss!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2013, 08:28:16 pm by Wellred »

Fixed price season tickets for next season is fantastic news along spread payments as is the news on how the 'In Rovers We Trust' program is coming along. If thos pizza's that were available tonight become available to buy on match days then the club is definitely onto a winner there! Also really pleased about the initiative regarding signing for deaf people.

My biggest disappointment and something i was expecting was hearing there will be no money for whoever comes in as our new manager. So he's got to deal with who is already at the club or sell in order to bring players in he wants. I was also disappointed that Steve's question was completely ignored and unanswred in regards to the club doing more to attract fans from the Polish/Kosovan communities in the town because i'm sure there are a few hundered more bums on seats we could attract if this was looked into and done correctly.

Do the Polish/Kosovan community not realise we have a football team in Doncaster then?

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2013, 08:35:27 pm by SkellowRover »

Do the Polish/Kosovan community not realise we have a football team in Doncaster then?

Do you see any signs in other languages at the ground or anything in a language other then english on the website like other clubs have for those that dont read or speak english well or not at all?
If i lived in another country i would think twice about watching the local team if i couldnt understand anything that was going on, especially in regards to tickets etc

Rover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2013, 08:38:10 pm by Rover19 »
Bring in the Polish barmy army, give us an atmosphere at least

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2013, 08:40:24 pm by phil o sophical »
I've got a season ticket and i'm damn sure that sometimes i dont have a clue whats going on :woohoo:

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2013, 08:43:23 pm by scotlandsbest »
skellow rover i was the one when the gentleman had finished his question that said it was a cracking point but im very very perplexed at the board and gavin baldwin as why they never responded maybe they werent able to respond as the idiot with the mike is a complete and utter idiot who is full of himself (in my honest opinion) there is approx 10,000 plus polish and other imigrants who just love football if you go in the market square and look at the restraunt opposite free press offices they support the rovers BIG TIME  we have to as a group try and press this point in the next meeting i for one amgoing tojoin the vsc just to try and push this through

UP THE ROVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 07, 2013, 08:47:24 pm by scotlandsbest »
WELLRED yes they obviously do but maybe they feel uncomfertable at coming or notbeing made welcome ?????? just a guess but lets welcome them there £22 is as good as anybodys isnt it lets try and publicise it and maybe like the fan bloke on top table says we have to encourage a fanbase and this is a great way to do it in my opinion

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2013, 08:48:23 pm by RobTheRover »
Guys,  I believe Gavin made a note of the point Steve raised and nodded. I was stood with Shaun and he was scribbling notes of points and ideas all through the event.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 07, 2013, 08:51:11 pm by SkellowRover »
Guys,  I believe Gavin made a note of the point Steve raised and nodded. I was stood with Shaun and he was scribbling notes of points and ideas all through the event.

Good to hear Rob, A polish section on the website and maybe someone from the towns Polish community who could liase between both and arrange tickets for the communities kids etc.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2013, 08:52:36 pm by Mr1Croft »
Anyone who couldn't make the meeting I hope you found the VSC live tweet updates useful!

I think the meeting was a huge success, made more popular obviously by the events of the last 48 hours but everything that was said was well received and hasn't Gavin Baldwin became popular?

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2013, 08:53:13 pm by scotlandsbest »
notes mean nothing id rather hear it from the horses mouth i brought a question up last time about giving those not in work cheap tickets (rather have a seat filled for £5 than nowt at all )
he said it was noted and we will hear summat  but nowt been done so what do you reckon ??????

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2013, 08:55:28 pm by scotlandsbest »
skellow rover isecond and applaud what you say  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 07, 2013, 08:57:05 pm by normal rules »
just sign a polish player!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2013, 08:57:31 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe they thought about the unemployed and didn't like it, what you want him to do, say yes brilliant idea we'll sort it out tomorrow.
They've enough on, and it would need to be discussed in a meeting,

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 07, 2013, 09:00:30 pm by Mr1Croft »
notes mean nothing id rather hear it from the horses mouth i brought a question up last time about giving those not in work cheap tickets (rather have a seat filled for £5 than nowt at all )
he said it was noted and we will hear summat  but nowt been done so what do you reckon ??????

This is something the club have looked at this season, and while I don't know what has become of it it would be foolish to implement something mid-season. Just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean progress isn't being made.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 07, 2013, 09:05:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If i lived in another country i would think twice about watching the local team if i couldnt understand anything that was going on, especially in regards to tickets etc

Quite right, it's quite complicated for us to understand the best means of getting a ticket at times. I think we could perhaps do more directly with ethnic groups to get them to the stadium and at least testing the water. of course the club may have already attempted this and as raised in the meeting, maybe the club is not telling us enough about what is being done in the community etc.

Back to the meeting overall, I though it was excellent. They seem to have moved it up a notch in terms of professionalism, which can be a little intimidating for some when it comes to questions.

As someone with more than a passing interest of getting bums on seats, then thought there were some  positives about the ST prices for next season, mainly with the return of the instalment option and for the first time, being able to purchase your ticket online.

However, I think in these difficult times financially a price freeze should be a given. Overall it seems to me the ST package proposal lacks imagination and doesn't do enough to stimulate more growth in terms of getting more people back on board. The club are in a great position at the moment to capitalise and stimulate sales.   

I feel with Gavin at the helm we have a CEO which we can be proud of. Compared to Teflon Dave he's just streets ahead.

The new food and beverages on offer looked and tasted great and I spent some time talking to the EMC guy and he said the Pizza/Pannini things will be priced the same as a hot dog (£3?) and the soup £2.50 !!

scotlandsbest

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 07, 2013, 09:05:18 pm by scotlandsbest »
croft have you heard anything fromthe rovers on this point ????

and dickoyou maybe working as i am but did you not listen to the bloke at the end about kids and theyve changed alegance so why not helpour communitys and the people of donny and rovers put bums on seats and create an atmosphere

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 07, 2013, 09:08:40 pm by Jimmydee »
Skellow Rover, 
Do you see any signs in other languages at the ground or anything in a language other then english on the website like other clubs have for those that dont read or speak english well or not at all?

I have seen a sign "Asian market on a Thursday" contact Abdul.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 07, 2013, 09:12:51 pm by Donnyjim »
That's the answer, sign a Polak and we could start doing the "ROVSNAN" when he scores, arm in arm with our polish comrades.  :woohoo:

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 07, 2013, 09:15:28 pm by River Don »
Any decent polish managers available in our budget range?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 07, 2013, 09:16:27 pm by RedJ »
That's the answer, sign a Polak and we could start doing the "ROVSNAN" when he scores, arm in arm with our polish comrades.  :woohoo:
Someone give Lewandowski a bell. ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 07, 2013, 09:18:21 pm by RobTheRover »
That's what the club have done this season.  They have listened to the fans views and introduced incentives.  The voucher in the ST book for STHs to get 5 free tickets for friends is one example,  as is the reduction in matchday ticket prices to just £20 if you buy in advance (cat B seats) and the scrapping of match categorisation to clear up confusion over costs. As Gavin pointed out tonight,  the family Stand with the special ticket deals has been a huge success, often selling out - and that came out of the IRWT project.

Just because your idea hasn't been implemented doesn't mean it won't be in future. The club are aware of the importance of securing the allegiances of youngsters. How about focusing on the positive change his club has embraced over the past 6 months or so and celebrate that. As Martin said tonight,  no other club has taken this ideal to heart as much as our club has,  and that is an enormous credit to everyone from us fans right through the club to the chairman.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 07, 2013, 09:20:41 pm by MachoMadness »
Just goes to show what good these meetings can do. These are all good suggestions and appealing to the Polish contingent hadn't crossed my mind at all. I'll never make CEO at this rate :crying:

Seriously though, great stuff from the club.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 07, 2013, 09:23:36 pm by Mr1Croft »
What did everyone make of the safe-standing roadshow?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012