Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 06:27:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Remind me again why we left the EU  (Read 32527 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Remind me again why we left the EU
« Reply #600 on April 28, 2021, 10:23:52 am by Ldr »
Someone like John Smith, think labour's problems began when the union vote foisted the wrong Milliband on us

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #601 on April 28, 2021, 10:24:11 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Incredible when those without power get blamed for the actions of those with power instead of blaming those in power as they should do.

Are you saying I'm wrong Glyn? That if Labour hadn't stuck with Corbyn they would have probably won in 2019?

Possibly. Probably. That doesn't make them culpable for Johnson's lying and obfuscation though. Unless you're also going to follow your own logic and go down the line of blaming what Trump did, or Putin continues to do, on those who didn't vote for them!

I get what you are saying but think you are missing my point which is that those who kept Corbyn in position enabled the choice between him and Johnson which led to where we are. Yes its ppl like.me who voted tory that are the immediate cause but given a better alternative I believe the outcome is different so yes, a responsibility lies with the Labour members who enabled it as it does with fools who voted tory

That logic only works if those who didn't oppose Johnson enough for your liking knew in advance what lies Johnson was going to come out with. If they did, they could have warned us!

Thatcher was Labour's fault!

Blair was the Tory's fault!

Every government was the Lib Dems fault!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #602 on April 28, 2021, 10:25:25 am by SydneyRover »
what do you want in a leader Ldr, my dog is better than johnson

Please tell me its a dingo Syd

It's a dingo

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #603 on April 28, 2021, 10:32:42 am by SydneyRover »
This is a mates blog about his dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZCjNxE69M

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #604 on April 28, 2021, 05:44:10 pm by foxbat »
Oroject Fear becomes Project Reality !

Hundreds of car parts jobs are set to be axed after a firm announced it was pulling out of the UK.

Toyoda Gosei UK's plants at Gorseinon in Swansea and Rotherham in South Yorkshire employ 458 people.

The company, which produces components for Toyota, Nissan, Renault and Honda, said it was responding to changes in the global sector and a "significant reduction" in UK customer demand.

There are 207 people permanently employed at the Swansea site and 251 in Rotherham, the company's UK headquarters.

Andrew Denniff, from Rotherham and Barnsley Chamber of Commerce, said the firm was a "big player" in the town and its loss would have a huge impact on families, as well as the UK.

"The impact of Brexit has now become an unpleasant reality," he added.

LETS BE CLEAR-Brexit had nothing to do with sovereignty, better trade  deals or saving money , but purely to protect the offshore billions of a few greedy self serving parasites .

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #605 on April 28, 2021, 06:01:59 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Oroject Fear becomes Project Reality !

Hundreds of car parts jobs are set to be axed after a firm announced it was pulling out of the UK.

Toyoda Gosei UK's plants at Gorseinon in Swansea and Rotherham in South Yorkshire employ 458 people.

The company, which produces components for Toyota, Nissan, Renault and Honda, said it was responding to changes in the global sector and a "significant reduction" in UK customer demand.

There are 207 people permanently employed at the Swansea site and 251 in Rotherham, the company's UK headquarters.

Andrew Denniff, from Rotherham and Barnsley Chamber of Commerce, said the firm was a "big player" in the town and its loss would have a huge impact on families, as well as the UK.

"The impact of Brexit has now become an unpleasant reality," he added.

LETS BE CLEAR-Brexit had nothing to do with sovereignty, better trade  deals or saving money , but purely to protect the offshore billions of a few greedy self serving parasites .

That’s a bit misleading foxbat. You’ve missed a little bit when you copy and pasted the article. Allow me to include it for you below.

“There isn’t one factor that has resulted in the announcement today” said a Spokeswoman.

You also seem to have missed the fact that they’re also closing factories in Germany.

So just for clarity, nobody from the organisation has blamed Brexit and they’re also closing a factory within the EU’s largest partner.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #606 on April 28, 2021, 06:50:10 pm by drfchound »
I would have thought that car sales and therefore car parts, are down over the last year.
COVID might have influenced a big part of that.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #607 on April 28, 2021, 07:26:42 pm by Ldr »
Foxbat distorting things to promote his agenda? Nah I'll not believe it

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #608 on April 28, 2021, 09:55:37 pm by foxbat »
better dig your heads deeper into the sand lads,
next up straight away is Nestlé

Nestlé is planning to cut almost 600 jobs in the UK, close a factory and switch production of some products to Europe.

The Swiss-owned confectioner said it was considering closing its site in Fawdon, Newcastle upon Tyne, in late 2023, with the loss of about 475 jobs, with a further 98 to go in York.

The GMB trade union s
aid it was “sickening” that lives were being “ruined"

The impact of Brexit has now become an unpleasant reality,"

Jobs going to Europe even faster than I thought.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #609 on April 28, 2021, 10:57:49 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Nestlé is planning to cut almost 600 jobs in the UK, close a factory and switch production of some products to Europe.

The Swiss-owned confectioner said it was considering closing its site in Fawdon, Newcastle upon Tyne, in late 2023, with the loss of about 475 jobs, with a further 98 to go in York.

The GMB trade union s

Foxbat, do you trawl through the news everyday looking for reports of job losses and add the word ‘Brexit’ onto it at your own discretion? Yet again, I can’t find any mention of Brexit in any of the reports regarding this. Rather, almost all of the manufacturing is moving to York & Halifax! Either you’ve seen another report or your talking b*llocks again.

And to think that Remainers accused Brexitiers of peddling mis-information!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 07:03:35 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #610 on April 29, 2021, 07:02:15 am by Ldr »
Production is moving to Halifax

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #611 on April 29, 2021, 09:14:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yes nestle are outsourcing some of it which is understandable and fairly normal.

Interesting snippet from NatWest figures today.  Retail deposits far in excess of retail borrowing. More signs consumers have not been spending, which will potentially see the government no doubt pushing further spending incentives in the coming months. Though it will unsurprisingly change in april-may as people are now spending much more.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #612 on April 29, 2021, 10:39:04 am by Ldr »
Foxbats credibility is plummeting faster than bojo's

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #613 on April 29, 2021, 02:03:13 pm by Not Now Kato »

Nestlé is planning to cut almost 600 jobs in the UK, close a factory and switch production of some products to Europe.

The Swiss-owned confectioner said it was considering closing its site in Fawdon, Newcastle upon Tyne, in late 2023, with the loss of about 475 jobs, with a further 98 to go in York.

The GMB trade union s

Foxbat, do you trawl through the news everyday looking for reports of job losses and add the word ‘Brexit’ onto it at your own discretion? Yet again, I can’t find any mention of Brexit in any of the reports regarding this. Rather, almost all of the manufacturing is moving to York & Halifax! Either you’ve seen another report or your talking b*llocks again.

Just because someone doesn't say it's because of Brexit doesn't mean that it's not because of Brexit.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #614 on April 29, 2021, 02:16:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That statement has finally scraped a hole in the bottom of this thread's barrel.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #615 on April 29, 2021, 02:50:38 pm by Not Now Kato »
That statement has finally scraped a hole in the bottom of this thread's barrel.

You really don't understand how business works, do you BB?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #616 on April 29, 2021, 03:09:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #617 on April 30, 2021, 11:19:20 am by SydneyRover »

Something straightforward that appears to go over the heads of some is investment from outside the EU into the UK, if you were looking at investing in the region would you move the dough to Britain now isolated by tariffs from the wealthiest bloc or would you look over the other side of the channel?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #618 on April 30, 2021, 03:58:56 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

The GMB trade union s

Just because someone doesn't say it's because of Brexit doesn't mean that it's not because of Brexit.

I think this comment has well and truly taken us through the looking glass.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:11:00 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #619 on April 30, 2021, 07:33:18 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I see that Fishermen have been well and truly stitched up again by the Government. Their failure to negotiate a fishing deal with Norway is another nail in their coffin. The irony of course is that many fishing communities voted for Brexit.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #620 on April 30, 2021, 07:56:22 pm by foxbat »
Fishing ? , that would be

UK and Norway fail to reach fishing deal - BBC News

It means UK fleets will have no access to Norway's sub-Arctic waters, known for their cod catches.

HULL fisherman particularly badly hit.

The Tories promised northern  working class costal communities a leveling-up patriotic Brexit...

Credibility or no Credibility

Norway will supply Britain’s fish ‘n’ chips shops with cod.

And British fishermen will stay at home.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #621 on May 01, 2021, 09:08:25 pm by selby »
  Left wing union led riots have broken out in Paris Lyon and other cities in France with tear gas fired into the crowds and Italy is demanding £140 billion  urgently to for their economy to survive today lads.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 09:20:34 pm by selby »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #622 on May 01, 2021, 09:26:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
No link? Fake news.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #623 on May 01, 2021, 10:02:25 pm by selby »
  idle

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #624 on May 01, 2021, 10:05:41 pm by Not Now Kato »
No link? Fake news.

As usual.  Another selby brain fart!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #625 on May 01, 2021, 10:07:58 pm by wilts rover »
  Left wing union led riots have broken out in Paris Lyon and other cities in France with tear gas fired into the crowds and Italy is demanding £140 billion  urgently to for their economy to survive today lads.

In which Selby once gain demonstrates his ignorance of the difference between the EU trading block and the domestic situation of various individual countries on the continent of Europe.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #626 on May 02, 2021, 07:28:58 am by SydneyRover »
Grandpa, grandpa, tell me story again about the great brexit deal ..............

shurrup and finish your tripe

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #627 on May 02, 2021, 07:32:13 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Something straightforward that appears to go over the heads of some is investment from outside the EU into the UK, if you were looking at investing in the region would you move the dough to Britain now isolated by tariffs from the wealthiest bloc or would you look over the other side of the channel?

Where is that investment going then Europe or the UK?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #628 on May 02, 2021, 07:56:56 am by SydneyRover »
Into one or more of the 27 EU countries I guess pud.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #629 on May 03, 2021, 10:29:32 am by Not Now Kato »

Where is that investment going then Europe or the UK?

Well, you did ask....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012