Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:21:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: You can sign all the backroom  (Read 6014 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: You can sign all the backroom
« Reply #60 on April 07, 2022, 08:07:19 am by DonnyOsmond »
Just complete nonesense.

This is complete nonsense.

It's hardly beyond comprehension that a poor head coach/manager consistently making poor fundamental decisions (e.g. team selection) will significantly undermine any good work by other non-playing staff.

It's also not particularly unfair to say that the rumoured recruitment from Scunthorpe is far from inspiring.
What rumour is that, there is nothing in the Rumour Mill!

We have three back room staff coming from Scunny.

It depends on your definition of backroom.

I’m sure this “rumour” first got posted on here on the 1st April and I just took it as an April fools joke at the time.

Now I’m quite concerned that it’s true and we’re looking to bring in coaching/back room staff from Scunthorpe.

Scunthorpe….. the team at the bottom of league 2

I must be in some parallel universe

Are you a bit spesh? How does a shit football ability squad mean the physio is also shit?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 07, 2022, 08:17:34 am by selby »
  I would not discount the present manager, who is a modern revolutionary manager by the way is just as supportive and has had a big input into the appointment of the new position being created and is not just the boards idea.
  It will not be the first tweak in our historical set up he has overseen at the club, and it might well be not the last, despite the criticism he has had, he has moved the club forward and modernised it, time will tell if his ideas bring better times, but basically he has recognised things have to happen to improve the club from top to bottom.
   The first team and its results are of course the most important two things for the majority of the supporters, and what most people judge the club on, the current situation must be reversed it is as simple as that, or we will sink further in the pyramid which is unacceptable, it is sink or swim time and the club needs to react to the situation, and we have to trust the men in charge to recognise what the club needs from top to bottom to improve and once again become a force to be proud of.
  At least I am happy that things are being put in place to try and rectify our spiral down in a game that seems to be all about money, we need to find another way to progress, I am as confident that the people in charge know what to do, I am willing to give them all time the team management included to reach their goal and realise that there is more going off at the club than  just the first team, and that changing once again the first team manager who is a big part of any reshuffle would just be another set back in time, and it is the time that is running out the fastest.
  We have to give the backing and the time for the people at the top to do what they are doing and arrest the slide, it will take time, the next season is looming up as one of those moments once again of importance in more than one way to the club, it needs our support as much as ever it has in the past. 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 07, 2022, 08:21:22 am by Filo »
Just complete nonesense.

It's hardly beyond comprehension that a poor head coach/manager consistently making poor fundamental decisions (e.g. team selection) will significantly undermine any good work by other non-playing staff.

It's also not particularly unfair to say that the rumoured recruitment from Scunthorpe is far from inspiring.

I’m sure this “rumour” first got posted on here on the 1st April and I just took it as an April fools joke at the time.

Now I’m quite concerned that it’s true and we’re looking to bring in coaching/back room staff from Scunthorpe.

Are you a bit spesh? How does a shit football ability squad mean the physio is also shit?

A bit spesh?

I think that is a very offensive comment!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 07, 2022, 08:31:49 am by DonnyOsmond »
Just complete nonesense.

A bit spesh?

It was the second time in the thread I've explained bad football team doesn't equal bad physio or bad analyst. If people are constantly coming to that conclusion then I question their intelligence level. Apologies if you take offence to that Filo but maybe some fellow posters should think a bit harder.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 07, 2022, 09:42:12 am by Filo »
Just complete nonesense.

A bit spesh?

It was the second time in the thread I've explained bad football team doesn't equal bad physio or bad analyst. If people are constantly coming to that conclusion then I question their intelligence level. Apologies if you take offence to that Filo but maybe some fellow posters should think a bit harder.

I’m not arguing your general point, I think your a bit “Spesh” comments are offensive to anyone who has learning difficulties and anyone who has family with learning difficulties, it’s an offensive and derogatory term!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 07, 2022, 09:55:17 am by SydneyRover »
''Are comments like this really needed?''

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 07, 2022, 10:01:36 am by DonnyOsmond »
Ah well.

Edit: Just want to say I put Ahh, well because I don't see the need on going in circles when the comment obviously wasn't intended to be disrespectful to anyone with any disabilities just posters on this forum who are ignorant and are posting the same comments that have already been proven wrong.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 10:16:51 am by DonnyOsmond »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 07, 2022, 02:00:54 pm by NickDRFC »
  I would not discount the present manager, who is a modern revolutionary manager by the way is just as supportive and has had a big input into the appointment of the new position being created and is not just the boards idea.
  It will not be the first tweak in our historical set up he has overseen at the club, and it might well be not the last, despite the criticism he has had, he has moved the club forward and modernised it, time will tell if his ideas bring better times, but basically he has recognised things have to happen to improve the club from top to bottom.
   The first team and its results are of course the most important two things for the majority of the supporters, and what most people judge the club on, the current situation must be reversed it is as simple as that, or we will sink further in the pyramid which is unacceptable, it is sink or swim time and the club needs to react to the situation, and we have to trust the men in charge to recognise what the club needs from top to bottom to improve and once again become a force to be proud of.
  At least I am happy that things are being put in place to try and rectify our spiral down in a game that seems to be all about money, we need to find another way to progress, I am as confident that the people in charge know what to do, I am willing to give them all time the team management included to reach their goal and realise that there is more going off at the club than  just the first team, and that changing once again the first team manager who is a big part of any reshuffle would just be another set back in time, and it is the time that is running out the fastest.
  We have to give the backing and the time for the people at the top to do what they are doing and arrest the slide, it will take time, the next season is looming up as one of those moments once again of importance in more than one way to the club, it needs our support as much as ever it has in the past. 

Are you able to elaborate on what McSheffrey done to “move the club forward and modernise it”? It sounds as though you’re privy to a lot behind the scenes, but the majority of fans can only judge based on what we see on the pitch and as a result have concluded that it’s been a dreadful start to his tenure; would be good to be told something that we can chalk up as a success for him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 07, 2022, 04:52:22 pm by drfchound »
Just complete nonesense.

Martin. Non playing staff, office, medical and analytical types.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 07, 2022, 04:56:36 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The other one from Scunny most likely the head youth phase coach. I can’t see Tony Daws leaving them.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on April 07, 2022, 05:55:17 pm by Copps is Magic »
"Modern Revolutionary Manager"

Sometimes I don't know I am losing touch with reality, or reality is losing touch with me.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on April 07, 2022, 06:15:27 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Ah well.

Edit: Just want to say I put Ahh, well because I don't see the need on going in circles when the comment obviously wasn't intended to be disrespectful to anyone with any disabilities just posters on this forum who are ignorant and are posting the same comments that have already been proven wrong.

DO I don't think you have 'proven' anything.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 07, 2022, 07:19:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ah well.

So you're saying if a football team is bad, such as Scunny then that means ALL of their staff are bad? That's the logic I'm saying is flawed.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 07, 2022, 07:23:02 pm by silent majority »
The other one from Scunny most likely the head youth phase coach. I can’t see Tony Daws leaving them.

Nope!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 07, 2022, 07:24:18 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
"Modern Revolutionary Manager"

Sometimes I don't know I am losing touch with reality, or reality is losing touch with me.

I’m sure all the defeats we’ve seen this season, have really been wins.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 07, 2022, 07:27:24 pm by silent majority »
Just complete nonesense.

So that means everybody but the players is considered backroom. So that would include the receptionist, ticket office staff, cleaners, admin etc.

A bit of a broad definition don’t you think?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 07, 2022, 08:05:47 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

Nope!

Obviously you can’t say who it is, as you would be breaching confidence’s. Maybe we are looking at the architect who designed Glanford park, looking to forge our stadium into more of a look of theirs. It could be a shocker, Keith Hill as head of football. Now the Scunthorpe fans would be happy him taking them down, then him jumping ship to us.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 08, 2022, 03:03:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Ah well.

So you're saying if a football team is bad, such as Scunny then that means ALL of their staff are bad? That's the logic I'm saying is flawed.

I didn't say any such thing, D.O.  You falsely claimed certain comments had been proven wrong.  You may believe them to be wrong, I also may believe them to be wrong but that doesn't mean they're proven wrong.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 08, 2022, 04:17:18 pm by drfchound »
Just complete nonesense.

So that means everybody but the players is considered backroom. So that would include the receptionist, ticket office staff, cleaners, admin etc.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on April 08, 2022, 04:19:59 pm by drfchound »
Just complete nonesense.

Let’s narrow it down then.
A secretary, a physio and the analytics guy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on April 08, 2022, 04:46:16 pm by silent majority »
Just complete nonesense.

You're missing the point hound. You pitched in by telling everybody that we have 3 backroom staff coming from Scunny, and I said it depends on your definition of backroom. I certainly wouldn't class the Club Secretary as backroom staff, but you do. By inference other posters are saying that recruiting from a club that sits below us in the EFL is to quote 'far from inspiring'.

I'm just seeking clarity on broad brush statements like 'backroom staff' and how that can be deemed 'far from inspiring' and the same poster connects those dots by claiming that what GM does with team selection 'will significantly undermine any good work done by other non-playing staff'.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on April 08, 2022, 11:32:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
It will be the tea lady, I’ve heard she’s good.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on April 09, 2022, 09:05:00 am by i_ateallthepies »
It will be the tea lady, I’ve heard she’s good.

Well, I guess if we get the tea lady who runs their away end services that would definitely be an improvement, so long as she isn't employed as the Football Operations chief.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on April 09, 2022, 09:43:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
No they don’t head hunt at our place. In house you know that .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on April 09, 2022, 12:58:13 pm by EasyforDennis »
Just complete nonesense.

You're missing the point hound. You pitched in by telling everybody that we have 3 backroom staff coming from Scunny, and I said it depends on your definition of backroom. I certainly wouldn't class the Club Secretary as backroom staff, but you do. By inference other posters are saying that recruiting from a club that sits below us in the EFL is to quote 'far from inspiring'.

I'm just seeking clarity on broad brush statements like 'backroom staff' and how that can be deemed 'far from inspiring' and the same poster connects those dots by claiming that what GM does with team selection 'will significantly undermine any good work done by other non-playing staff'.
The generally accepted meaning of "backroom staff" is staff who work away from the public view. So the tea lady, secretary and almost everyone except the Manager and players are backroom staff.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on April 09, 2022, 02:11:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
No they are admin staff in my book. Back room staff is a football term so must apply to the football operations people. Not ticket office, concourse or marketing staff. So medical staff and coaching staff really.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on April 09, 2022, 02:49:57 pm by silent majority »
Agreed sedwarsdrfc!

That’s my point, the term backroom staff cannot apply to everyone in a football club. There is the football side of the business and there are numerous other functions. Backroom staff for me is any position that plays a role in the football operation or can influence the football operation.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on April 09, 2022, 03:34:46 pm by drfchound »
So analytics can and physios are e backroom staff the .
As they say, two out of three ain’t bad. ;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012