Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:24:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Snack bars  (Read 9052 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Re: Snack bars
« Reply #30 on August 11, 2015, 08:27:39 pm by deebee »
I have tried to buy a pie at ht from the south stand to find 60 or more people in the queue and only 2 tills/people serving. I gave it up at the restart as I was only half way down the line. At the next match I went for a pint in the Belle Vue bar to find that all the pumps bar Budwieser had glasses over them so no ale there either. So in future I shall not bother with either.
P. S.I was not onmy own.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 11, 2015, 08:41:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quite right Derek. They can't afford for this to keep happening as folk are willing to spend but they can't serve us quick enough.

It's got to a point where we will have to consider alternatives to ease problems with congestion. I've gathered a few ideas of my own, and from other fans on here, to take to the next fan panel meeting.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 11, 2015, 09:05:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I gave up a long time ago tbh every so often I try again, never had an improvement to service or stock.
 The product on offer as freebies on meet the owners nights is normally quite decent, it is not  the same on the concourses even the Saturday after the  meet the owners night never mind three months later

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 11, 2015, 09:08:25 pm by mushRTID »
Can't believe this is still being discussed. I looked on the bury forum Saturday night and they even slated it so it's not just us moaning.

Whatever keeps being said at these fan panels is clearly not enough to make anyone with authority care.

It's an absolute joke.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 12, 2015, 12:20:34 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Here is how i see the ''Mystery shopper'' situation panning out, he goes into the club shop, get's ear ache from the ticket seller in the shop.
He then goes to buy a shirt to blend into his surroundings, but they only have babby sizes, he goes to buy a scarf, a note on the shelf says ''Discontinued stock'', so he is defeated there.
He walks out of the club shop in abject failure, only to be greeted by a fat bloke dropping his fag end on his new hush puppies.
Seeing this behemoth standing in front of him is grizzled, no teeth has size 13 grubby trainers on and has accumulated this obesity over many years, and also has a ''Mini me'' stood next to him weighing in at about twenty stone and he's only five.
The mystery shopper weighing nine and a half stone with a following wind, decides discretition is the better part rather than valour.
He bumps into a load of skinny scroats that weigh eight and a half stone, no shirts on with pigeon chests, beating a nursery kid up for his big mac!

Not being the bravest of men even against such pathetic opposition, he carries on, a spotty youth bragging away at how he did the kid over!.
Just then he see's a pack of what looks like cavemen, knuckles bleeding from all the friction from the Keepmoat car park, and walking like they have a roll of axminster under each arm!.
He glances making sure he doesn't catch they're eye, while fumbling for his ticket so he can avoid the inevitable clash of ''The Titans''.
As he looks down into his pocket for the ticket, he feels a gust of wind and a screeching sound going past him at 100mph, he looks to his right only seeing a blur of pink flesh speeding past him, and the knuckle draggers grunting and breathing through they're a..e, and eventually bent over double with stitch.

Then he hears a chant starting about a mile away ''We are the DDR and we do what we want''!, shaking his head sadly and handing his ticket to the turnstile operator, he says ''Is it always like this''?.
The operator says'' No it's usually worse the DDR took a right hammering off a Hyde Park pre school party last week''!.
The mystery shopper says
''Is there anywhere you can decent food''?, he says ''There is the kiosk you can eat it but it taste's like s.it!
Anyway the shopper bids the ticket operative good evening and enters the stadium, closly followed by the half time draw ticket bloke.
Being a man who doesn't like to say no, he ends up with a tenners worth.

He goes to his seat and see's a very good first half Rovers pushing the European champions all the way, but at half time the score is one apiece.
Antenucci giving the exalted one's the lead, then just before half time Rob Jones comes up for a corner and equalises.
Running in front of the Leeds end celebrating, and it's just silence while Rob is there, once he goes back upfield the Leeds lot start giving Middleton stick!.
The mystery shopper just feels like a good burger and chips, he walks up towards the kiosk when he get's a strange rumbling in the pit of his stomach
He realises it must be one of those hot dogs from outside the ground, the one's he knew he shouldn't have purchased thinking they could be squirrel meat!.

He just gets to the toilet, and it is already overflowing with effluence, he wedges one leg on each side of the enclosure, and let's out all the badness that has accumulated, he is shaking and realises it can't have been the hotdog, it must have been meeting the famous DDR!.
After five minutes wedged over the pot he looks for paper none there, so nothing for it the paper napkin in his pocket from the hotdog he had earlier would have to do.
He walks out like a cross between Esther Rantzen and John Wayne, as he turns to go to the kiosk he hears the screeching of shutters.
They slam shut, he knocks on the shutter and asks ''Can i just have a cup of tea and a burger''!, Sorry a nasal voice says ''Sold out''!.

He walks back to see his seat thinking he could do with a saddle to ease the pain in his posterior, he watches the rest of the game as best he can.
Rovers going onto win 3-2, Alex Mowatt scored just after half time, and they held onto they're lead until the last five minutes, when Middleton equalised, and then a minute later Cedric Evina of all people struck the winner!.
Just then he realised the real reason he was there, he looked at his report sheet, it said Food quality he ticked excellent, and customer service he ticked out of this world!
The final whistle went and he made his way back to his Fiat Punto the best he could, safe in the knowledge that his Barnsley cushoin on the car seat would cushion the blow!.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:24:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 12, 2015, 05:48:08 pm by roversdude »
Best change it to mystery window shopper

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 12, 2015, 05:50:49 pm by roversdude »
Would it help any if we all e mailed Gavin, or would this dilute efforts made elsewhere ?
This is embarrassing and potentially costing the club substantial income

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 12, 2015, 06:03:54 pm by silent majority »
Would it help any if we all e mailed Gavin, or would this dilute efforts made elsewhere ?
This is embarrassing and potentially costing the club substantial income

Gavin's well aware. Its a nice gesture but in reality it wont affect his efforts to get the right level of performance from Centerplate. Quite a lot was done during the close season so its still in its infancy, but I'm sure he'll update everyone at the Meet the Owners.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 12, 2015, 09:20:37 pm by roversdude »
Cheers SM
What was done was obviously behind the scenes because at front of house Centerplate just seem to be sticking two fingers up at us and the club

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 12, 2015, 10:05:13 pm by bobjimwilly »
New article on DROS:
"Doncaster Rovers and their caterers Centerplate are dedicated to improving the matchday cuisine at Keepmoat Stadium"
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/serving-up-improvement-2614381.aspx

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 12, 2015, 10:11:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well that's good that they've acted quickly to allay concerns about kiosks being closed from now on.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 13, 2015, 12:54:02 pm by PDS »
I gave up a long time ago tbh every so often I try again, never had an improvement to service or stock.
 The product on offer as freebies on meet the owners nights is normally quite decent, it is not  the same on the concourses even the Saturday after the  meet the owners night never mind three months later

I think you'll find it's EXACTLY the same on the concourse as on the meet the owners night. Reheated.

ROVERSBELLY

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 13, 2015, 01:09:54 pm by ROVERSBELLY »
So then no change , just the normal drivel we are being told. Don't expect the service to be any different to normal.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 13, 2015, 05:00:06 pm by silent majority »
The food is not a given at the Meet The Owners night, I don't think there's been any for the past two occasions.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 13, 2015, 06:55:53 pm by les@donr »
Why doesn't the club do the catering itself and get the food from Greggs or Morrisons? Both do good pies and pasties.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 13, 2015, 07:03:48 pm by besty »
Why doesn't the club do the catering itself and get the food from Greggs or Morrisons? Both do good pies and pasties.

Because they wouldnt make as much profit mate!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 13, 2015, 07:10:15 pm by les@donr »

Because they wouldnt make as much profit mate!

Is the club getting much profit from its existing deal? I'm sure the club would get a catering prices rather than retail prices from either Greggs or Morrisons.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 13, 2015, 07:11:13 pm by mushRTID »
Get Yorkshire pie house in and a couple of vending machines to keep queues down. Easy

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 13, 2015, 07:13:38 pm by besty »
Get Yorkshire pie house in and a couple of vending machines to keep queues down. Easy

Can anyone explain why vending machines havent been trialled?
Must be worth a try,no?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 13, 2015, 07:29:16 pm by knockers »
No complaints tonight. Pie hot and tasty and the beer was freshly pulled and cold.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 14, 2015, 08:52:49 am by bobjimwilly »
Can anyone explain why vending machines havent been trialled?
Must be worth a try,no?

I've been banging that drum for ages.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 14, 2015, 08:58:33 am by wing commander »
Well as predicted it didn't take them long to roll out the dedicated to improve statement,it normally happens when even they cant ignore the shocking service we get...I'm not sure what SM means by they have been working together over the close season and its very very rare I question what he says but I do this time as I don't believe they have,just what do they need to discuss further it's not bloody nuclear science....
   I'm also interested on why we are expected to believe it this time either,this must be the umpteenth  statement they have issued on similar lines...
   I'm no mystic meg but I'm going to have a wild guess at what will happen next...
1,For the next few weeks,the snack bars will be open with extra staff,people will get served and it will improve...
2,The extra staff will quietly drop out and it will take longer...
3,On the sound of the ref's whistle for the second half they will all close
4,The condiments tray will suddenly stop having condiments in it...
4,Half the snack bars will suddenly not open at all
5,Everybody goes mad and moans at the club
6,Rovers release statement saying they are "dedicated blah blah blah"
7Repeat to fade.!!!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012