Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 02:54:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Snack bars  (Read 9102 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Snack bars
« on August 08, 2015, 08:25:52 pm by roversdude »
Have we given up on serving refreshments in West Stand
The club seems to move forward and then get dragged back by their 'partners'

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Snack bars
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2015, 08:59:21 pm by Donnywolf »
I did not even try to get owt at HT !!!

I had seen North end of West Stand outlets were shut and figured that the South End of West Stand would be over run with Customers.

More revenue lost. Get it "in house" soon a la Donny Knights

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2015, 12:42:22 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Local people with enthusiasm for cooking and making a few quid, and also giving fans value for money, instead of big companies who seem the more contracts they get the less they care.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2015, 01:04:19 am by hoolahoop »
This has been said so many times but still falls on deaf ears.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2015, 01:09:10 am by wing commander »
I've said it so many times..the club just don't give a toss..I don't know why,but they just don't...same old same old...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 09, 2015, 01:13:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The clubs income could go up quite a bit if it was done right, i am not a businessman but getting good food and giving your customers value for money, get's the club a reputation for good reasons, word of mouth counts for a lot in things like this.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2015, 01:17:50 am by hoolahoop »
Talk to the Racecourse catering dept. They seem to know how to do it successfully and for many more.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2015, 08:35:47 am by roversdude »
Is this still on agenda with VSC/DRFC discussions

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 09, 2015, 08:47:03 am by wing commander »
Don't worry I'm sure it is...Gavin will be dusting down the "we are working with our partners" statement to appease us plebs,before doing absolutely sweet fa..Same as they always do...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 09, 2015, 08:52:20 am by Donnywolf »
The clubs income could go up quite a bit if it was done right, i am not a businessman but getting good food and giving your customers value for money, get's the club a reputation for good reasons, word of mouth counts for a lot in things like this.

Local people with enthusiasm for cooking and making a few quid, and also giving fans value for money, instead of big companies who seem the more contracts they get the less they care.

Yes I am sure that is a good way to go. There are some good Companies in Donny (Toppings Pies for example) who may find it viable to have a couple of outlets. I suppose that is the crunch point though - will it BE viable for such Companies with an hour pre kick off and 15 - 20 minutes at HT

Also as I have posted on here before - even Darlo had vending machines in their White Elephant Stadium. I was there and the gate was 3001 and the venders were doing a roaring trade for those wanting say just a Coffee leaving lesser queues for those wanting say Hot Dogs or Burgers

And how many times do I have to post about other Grounds where you can pre pay for a Half Time Beer and get a Ticket. Then you visit a pre determined spot (it was a massive table at Bolton) and with all the Pints lined up ready you hand the Ticket in and get a Pint for each one. Those people who have not pre ordered just queue as normal and will not face such a big queue.

Scope for "impulse purchases" at Bars and Food outlets ? You bet

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 09, 2015, 09:00:42 am by The Red Baron »
They do pre-ordering in the East Stand lounge and boxes and it works well. I remember the Boxing Day disaster v Ipswich when I was in the lounge. As I wasn't driving I ordered a double Scotch for half time. It kept me going for the second half, I can tell you...

In fact, that and the other one I had at full time were the highlights of the day!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 09, 2015, 10:35:21 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes it's still on the agenda. The Fan Panel will be turning more of our attention to the ongoing issues. We need all types of feedback not just the obvious failings.

There is Mystery Shopping going on. We need to hold Centreplate accountable. Rightly or wrongly, the contract is in place.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 09, 2015, 10:42:33 am by Yorkiered »
Yes it's still on the agenda. The Fan Panel will be turning more of our attention to the ongoing issues. We need all types of feedback not just the obvious failings.

There is Mystery Shopping going on. We need to hold Centreplate accountable. Rightly or wrongly, the contract is in place.

Ha ha. Don't go shopping in the west stand. The shops are closed!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 09, 2015, 10:46:34 am by Donnywolf »
Yes this was the Photo I took of the mystery shopper yesterday in West Stand

:headbang:

The shutters were down of course

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 09, 2015, 10:58:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I wasn't on West Stand yesterday but will be back as usual however it's not the first time this has happened and it's chaotic and lost revenue.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 09, 2015, 11:44:14 am by Yorkiered »
Having a meeting with the club about catering is a total waste of time. Centrepoint have the contract to look after the Premier Lounge and the executive boxes etc in the East stand. That is all they are bothered about. They would be happy if there was no outlets in either the West South or North stands.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 09, 2015, 02:27:04 pm by roversdude »
Would love to know why west stand was shut
From people I spoke to yesterday and feedback on this forum (present and past) there is obviously the market there - if they think everyone is just going to go and queue at the ones that are open they have misjudged badly

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 09, 2015, 02:36:18 pm by Ldr »
The irony of the "full time is pukka time" pie adverts on the big screen

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 09, 2015, 02:49:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The irony of the "full time is pukka time" pie adverts on the big screen

Indeed this always surprises me.  I did want a drink at half time yesterday. Not in those queues.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 09, 2015, 03:03:33 pm by The Beast »

Agreed, the outlets are pathetic. Got a captive audience and offer nothing decent or of any value. There was no draught beer on the West stand, the barrel was off and the only person capable of changing it wasn't allowed to leave the counter apparently, how hard is it to change a barrel, I'd have done it myself. First game of the season for goodness sake, clueless!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 09, 2015, 04:17:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Perhaps a total boycott is called for?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 09, 2015, 05:21:19 pm by les@donr »
If things aren't sorted out by Thursday, there could be a riot at the away end!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 09, 2015, 05:47:18 pm by bobjimwilly »
Yes it's still on the agenda. The Fan Panel will be turning more of our attention to the ongoing issues.

The fan panel needs to be opened up to more/new people when the agenda changes. Could particularly do with more season ticket holders who can give their experience in the various stands over the past few years and also people who take families.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 09, 2015, 06:04:57 pm by Donnywolf »
Hi Rob

Give me a quick rundown on what is involved please. I possibly can add a West Stand perspective - from an older Fan - with a Season Ticket since the KMS opened and pre that

Just need to know when the Panel meets , how often etc and I might be able to offer myself up for sacrifice a position on The Panel

Cheers DW

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 10, 2015, 03:11:57 pm by Donnywolf »
Bump

Where's BJW when you want him  :lol:

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 10, 2015, 05:24:10 pm by weststander »
I have already started my own boycott after Saturday when I was asked to pay £2 for a bottle of water!
On Friday I bought a pack of 6 from Sainsburys for £1.40 or 24p each (rounded up). Pity I left the one I brought to the match in the car 😤😤

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 10, 2015, 06:01:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Donnywolf, send me a PM with your details (tel number/email address/category of fan etc ) and I'll put you forward.   

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 10, 2015, 06:16:00 pm by Donnywolf »
I have already started my own boycott after Saturday when I was asked to pay £2 for a bottle of water!
On Friday I bought a pack of 6 from Sainsburys for £1.40 or 24p each (rounded up). Pity I left the one I brought to the match in the car 😤😤

Speaking of which ....

I got three Tickets for Villa away and drove to Lichfield to catch train to VP. I told my companions that the Tickets were in the Glove Box and don't let me forget them

At Lichfield I parked for free right outside the Station and as the Trains run every 15 Minutes it was no surprise there was one approaching the Platform. We ran like f*** over the Footbridge and caught the Train (breathless)

Masterly planning I thought - plenty of time to get there - time for Pub etc etc. Yes I don't need to add the next bit really do I ?

Had to get off half way there - wait for the next train - cos we had just missed one. Open Car and Glove box and of course as there is a Train every 15 minutes or so it was no surprise that one was approaching the Platform. But of course we missed it

Made it for KO OK but of course "frazzled" and without the planned for Beer

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 10, 2015, 11:26:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
Donnywolf, send me a PM with your details (tel number/email address/category of fan etc ) and I'll put you forward.   

Thanks for doing that Baz. Could you make sure to raise this at the next panel? When a new topic does come up the offer for more people needs to be more formal and put out on all the various channels, twitter/fb/DROS/other websites/forums etc

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 11, 2015, 07:11:52 pm by Donnywolf »

Hi

Yes I have secured the necessary permission so if you want to put my name forward I will give it a go if selected

Cheers JT

TinyPortal © 2005-2012