Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:31:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sent home  (Read 9368 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Sent home
« Reply #60 on February 24, 2018, 09:11:33 pm by drfchound »
Not just me who was spat on then disgusting

There was a bottle thrown down onto us at one point as we left the ground, near where the coaches were parked.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 24, 2018, 11:28:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Rotherham fans hurling abuse down at the Rovers fans walking on the lower path. Cops in riot gear walking with the Rovers fans said precisely nothing at all.

SY police overtime bill?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 24, 2018, 11:44:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Rotherham fans hurling abuse down at the Rovers fans walking on the lower path. Cops in riot gear walking with the Rovers fans said precisely nothing at all.

SY police overtime bill?

What a legend protecting his fans, probs why he had to be subbed before the whistle.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 25, 2018, 12:23:48 am by RobTheRover »
Lol

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 25, 2018, 08:31:33 am by anton123 »
I was absolutely gutted to be sent home yesterday and was going to complain to syp police today but might send them a thank you letter now instead after a collapse like that 😂

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 25, 2018, 08:48:07 am by Wellington Vaults »
donny youth mob

That probably gives the game away tbh.  You turn up, wearing all the clobber, at 9am, calling yourself a “mob” and you are playing into the Police’s hands.  They monitor social media in advance of fixtures like this you know?

It would appear that brighter, more savvy, elements of Rover’s support, turned up early and avoided the SYP dragnet.  It’s not hard and often involves nothing more scientific than choosing a different pub to the Hoi Polloi.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 25, 2018, 09:16:50 am by deebee »
All the above is the very reason I decided not to go.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 25, 2018, 09:46:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Was a bit hairy at the end, starting in the stadium when their fan ran in front goading. Loads of our chavs went piling down the steps with no regard for anyone else,  including a mum and her young daughter who were in the way when trying to make an orderly exit. Had she have not been pulled to safety, the idiots would have just trodden over the top of her and her daughter.

Then outside, you could see it coming. Some banter but also over the top abuse from a few fans on both sides leads to the inevitable when a minority lose perspective and their heads. There's always innocent bystanders getting caught up in it.

I can understand why folk are put off going although when you go to away games, you accept there's  some risk and thankfully most will minimise the risk by behaving respectfully.
A minority won't.

The exit from the stadium is nearly as bad as death alley at Millmoor. 

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 25, 2018, 11:24:02 am by Filo »
The egress from the away end at Rotherham is built for trouble, they've shoe horned a stadium into a site without adequate infrustructure to serve the stadium

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 25, 2018, 11:25:31 am by Donnywolf »
donny youth mob

That probably gives the game away tbh.  You turn up, wearing all the clobber, at 9am, calling yourself a “mob” and you are playing into the Police’s hands.  They monitor social media in advance of fixtures like this you know?

It would appear that brighter, more savvy, elements of Rover’s support, turned up early and avoided the SYP dragnet.  It’s not hard and often involves nothing more scientific than choosing a different pub to the Hoi Polloi.

Like Wetherspoons. Bouncer " Are you home fans" to me and mate
Me "Home Fans for what - Football ?"
Bouncer "Yes"
Me "No sorry - Beer Fan only"
Bouncer "OK Mate in you go"

Place packed with Millers Fans - no trouble. My mate even drank "Mighty Millers" Bitter from Chantry which was better than most of the rest of the day !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 25, 2018, 11:30:23 am by Donnywolf »
The egress from the away end at Rotherham is built for trouble, they've shoe horned a stadium into a site without adequate infrustructure to serve the stadium

It will be adequate for most games they play and perhaps not even deployed v Shrewsbury Bury et al

However you are right - its inadeaquate when they do use it. Everything about it is worng except the "idea" of segregation.

Ideally the away fans should go Anti Clockwise leaving "them" the reat of the exits. It matters little cos after being abused from above (that would vanish) and herded through a gap too narrow for the Crown (that would vanish) - we ended up within 2 minutes running into "them" coming to get their Cars just by the Station AND at the Station it was a scrum of opposing Fans anyway

Bizarre

TinyPortal © 2005-2012