Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:01:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Police Brutality  (Read 17591 times)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Police Brutality
« on April 10, 2010, 06:28:02 pm by nice one rovers »
Did anyone else feel a bit ashamed watching the thuggery of South Yorkshire Police towards a few excited WBA fans, can't help thinking that we'd have been celebrating in just the same manner if we'd just been guaranteed promotion. Made me feel sick to watch, took me right back to 1984-85,  D**k on the mic wasn't helping much either.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Police Brutality
« Reply #1 on April 10, 2010, 06:30:18 pm by MrFrost »
When have we ever invaded a pitch like that away from home? Fair enough on your own patch.
They were warned enough times, and several tried to make their way over to goad the Donny fans. If you go onto the pitch after being told not to, you suffer what happens next. I would expect those arrested to recieve banning orders. They knew the risk before they went on.

Like I said, at your own stadium its different. Alot less chance of confrontation.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 10, 2010, 06:30:45 pm by mushRTID »
Were there arrests then? Left just as they ran on the pitch.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 10, 2010, 06:35:37 pm by nice one rovers »
A few by the look of it, but it was watching 3 police and 3 stewards bouncing up and down on a 14-16 year old skinny kidetc. which sickens, unneeded. Left alone they'd have run on, congratulated their team, sung a bit and gone home. Frosty you're  talking like a t*t once more.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 10, 2010, 06:37:09 pm by MrFrost »
Am I really. I could see a potential Millwall type situation had the Police not got involved. Maybe it is you talking like the tit.
The law says you don't go onto the pitch. Going onto the pitch you have broken the law. Understand?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 10, 2010, 06:39:04 pm by dumbroofer »
ask the female coppers who were punched and thrown around

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 10, 2010, 06:42:35 pm by nice one rovers »
You' re right,I'm sorry, consider me piped down. Just seen too many innocent people kicked and truncheoned to many times to let it lie. Once again sorry,     Yours Sunshine.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 10, 2010, 06:43:49 pm by MrFrost »
nice one rovers wrote:
You' re right,I'm sorry, consider me piped down. Just seen too many innocent people kicked and truncheoned to many times to let it lie. Once again sorry,     Yours Sunshine.

Sorry, im not trying to turn it into an argument, but there were some flashpoints which could have boiled over had the Police not got involved.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 10, 2010, 06:47:18 pm by nice one rovers »
And I fully retract my tit accusations.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 10, 2010, 06:55:05 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
nice one rovers wrote:
Did anyone else feel a bit ashamed watching the thuggery of South Yorkshire Police towards a few excited WBA fans, can't help thinking that we'd have been celebrating in just the same manner if we'd just been guaranteed promotion. Made me feel sick to watch, took me right back to 1984-85,  D**k on the mic wasn't helping much either.

Nope - didnt feel ashamed at all.

What part of \" Do not trespass onto the pitch\" do those numbskulls understand? They were warned enough times - if they choose to not heed the ample warnings then they are fair game to be dealt with accordingly.

Id also like to know how a vast number of their support got away with standing throughout the entire game - are we allowed to stand throughout at The Keepmoat now then?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 10, 2010, 06:58:33 pm by mushRTID »
Were any Rovers fans involved in these flashpoints? These West Brom fans before todays game seemed to think we were naughty!  :laugh:

All i'll say is that people really shouldn't go to Doncaster expecting to walk around like you own the place - they have a very active element within their support who will not take kindly to it.

Doncaster were a Conference club not so long back and that level has quite bad hooligan problems.

and

To be honest away from home I think it is quite disrespectful to the opposition club if you do it there and could potentially lead to real problems. As Rowley says Doncaster have had their problems with a hooligan element and they may not take too kindly to opposition running around like they own the place, anyone who dismisses them as little old Donny and that they wont mind could be in for a big surprise.

and

As for Doncasters hooligan element, like most small northern towns, not to be taken lightly. Theres not many of them but what they have are close knit. Speaking to a steward at Middlesbrough earlier this season he was saying biggest problem they have had in recent years is with Doncaster.

:huh:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 10, 2010, 07:12:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Stewards trying to treat an injured person were set upon by some fans aswell.  Fully deserved the reaction by police IMO, no need at all to go on the pitch.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 10, 2010, 07:23:38 pm by MrFrost »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Frosty yet again exaggerating beyond belief. Never seen that before have we?  :blink:

There was never ever any risk of a Millwall type situation happening today. Some West Brom fans got over-excited and wanted to get on the pitch to celebrate with their team, whilst the majority of Rovers fans had already left the stadium by the time they did get on the pitch.

The whole atmosphere was a bit of a carnivalesque one and there was a party mood towards proceedings. At no time did it ever look to me like it was going to kick-off between both sets of fans and lead to mass disorder.

Regarding the isolated incidents with stewards/police/WBA fans as they entered the pitch, then I agree they were warned plenty of times not to enter the pitch. However, some Albion fans chose to, and whilst there was probably some arrests and small clashes with stewards trying to stop them, it will have taken the shine off what was a wonderful day to be a West Brom fan. The way the clashes seemed to escalate were mainly down to the fact if one WBA fan/Steward/Copper were in a battle with another WBA/Steward/Copper, more people from the same party would get involved and it was more a case of safety in numbers.

I suspect some of those fans who were caught and arrested (or those who will be later identified from TV footage as causing problems on the pitch) may get banning orders if they are found - whether people agree/disagree with that is another issue as its the law! It's silly in many ways because although we all get carried away at times, by entering the pitch some of those WBA fans have given the old bill the opportunity to slap a punishment on them of a banning order, taking away something they enjoy massively.

I can see why some WBA fans got carried away with the moment and went onto the pitch, likewise I can see why the club wanted them off the pitch. All in all, once the majority of WBA fans were on the pitch (and the stewards/coppers knew they had effectively lost that battle), I thought the stewards/coppers did a good enough job of slowly shepherding them back to their seats.

Rigo, the comments from other people in this thread will prove to you that i'm not exaggerating. Now why don't you climb down from your fcking high horse pal. If you have some kind of problem with what I write on here, I'll give you two options.

1. Ignore it and don't reply or make reference to anything I post.

2. Have a chat with me on a match day, and explain why you seem to go out of your way to disagree or pick fault with everything I say.

Its getting tiresome.

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 10, 2010, 07:29:44 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
The WBA team did not help matters by going over like they did. They should have waited a few mins and gone over and applauded the fans after things had calmed down.
A couple of points-

Why did they let the dick head who got on the pitch first waltz around and then and then get back into the crowd. They should have made an axample of him so the other knew what would happen.

What was the WBA player thinking about giving a pitch invader his shirt?

There was a number of their fans more interested in goading our fans then celerbating while on the pitch and I agree thing could have taken a turn for the worse.

I had a go at some our fans. I asked them why they were applauding their fans on the pitch and it was \"beacause they have gone up.\" They seemed taken aback when I told them to clap those still in their seats then, they deserve it!

I would be happy for any of those on the pitch to have the book thrown at them. It may may upset some on here, but I would say the same if it was our own fans. There a a little double standards here as many of our own have been on the pich at times and I wasn@t happy with them then too1

Rant over. :scarf:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 10, 2010, 07:34:57 pm by MrFrost »
Stu The Tickhill Red wrote:
The WBA team did not help matters by going over like they did. They should have waited a few mins and gone over and applauded the fans after things had calmed down.
A couple of points-

Why did they let the dick head who got on the pitch first waltz around and then and then get back into the crowd. They should have made an axample of him so the other knew what would happen.

What was the WBA player thinking about giving a pitch invader his shirt?

There was a number of their fans more interested in goading our fans then celerbating while on the pitch and I agree thing could have taken a turn for the worse.

I had a go at some our fans. I asked them why they were applauding their fans on the pitch and it was \"beacause they have gone up.\" They seemed taken aback when I told them to clap those still in their seats then, they deserve it!

I would be happy for any of those on the pitch to have the book thrown at them. It may may upset some on here, but I would say the same if it was our own fans. There a a little double standards here as many of our own have been on the pich at times and I wasn@t happy with them then too1

Rant over. :scarf:

I think if you invade your own pitch then fair enough really, and is generally accepted. Doing at another stadium, and then going to goad the home fans is not on.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 10, 2010, 07:36:53 pm by donnygreenjeans »
Stu The Tickhi

Rant over. :scarf:[/quote]

Here, here! At last someone with a bit of sense, i got pissed with our fans who ran on to the pitch when we won the Conference Play off at Stoke city as they spoilt the Rovers celebrations, it pisses me off when fans run on to the pitch when they are clearly told not to do it.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 10, 2010, 07:39:51 pm by grayx »
No sympathy from me. It really pisses me off when idiots feel it necessary to ignore all warnings and run onto the pitch,probably in a bid to get on the telly.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 10, 2010, 08:07:15 pm by MrFrost »
Where have I moaned in this thread. Stop being a tool.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 10, 2010, 08:36:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Bloody hell, do you really expect, when the WBA lot had been told numerous times not to encroach, that the police and stewards are going to just stand there like mugs with smiles on their faces thinking 'it's only a bit of fun' when they do? Get real.

If they don't act when warnings have been given it encourages the kind of t**t who thinks it's a good idea to go on the pitch that any warning in future will have no consequences either.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 10, 2010, 08:40:21 pm by MrFrost »
Alot on their forum are calling for them to be named. Just seen Sky Sports News, and identifying them shouldn't be a problem.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 10, 2010, 09:18:25 pm by monkeytennis »
There were ample warnings but really the stewards and police ought to have been better prepared to 'repel boarders' so to speak.

It was inevitable that they were going to do it I think.

As always, 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime' applies to the situation.

If the police were guilty of heavy handedness then that's a separate matter in my book.

Just my 2p worth!  B)

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 10, 2010, 09:29:29 pm by mutleyrover »
I seem to recall that West Brom staff would not let the Reading players go over and celebrate with their supporters after knocking them out the FA cup and there were some quite unsavoury scenes at the end of that match. Fast forward to today, maybe our club should have insisted that their players head straight down the tunnel at the final whistle too! They only seemeed to head onto the pitch once their players went over to that stand.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 10, 2010, 09:51:55 pm by wilts rover »
MrFrost wrote:
Where have I moaned in this thread. Stop being a tool.

pot.......kettle.......black      I shall let you both fill in the gaps there children

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 10, 2010, 09:55:18 pm by MrFrost »
Who rattled your cage?
I was merely pointing out a fact to Rigo.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2010, 10:00:16 pm by wilts rover »
Sorry didnt realise it was your own personal thread/forum, although you do appear to be trying to make it that.

If you dont like people pointing out that you are contradicting yourself by moaning about people moaning about you moaning - post something interesting for a change

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2010, 10:04:21 pm by MrFrost »
This thread had nothing to do with moaning until Rigo made it that. If he wants to nit pick, thats his problem.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2010, 10:09:12 pm by DRFCTom »
Geesh whats with all the donny fans argueing together!? We're all Rovers fans for god sake.. We just gave a good performance against a premier league team.. Things are looking very bright for The Rovers. Lets get behind the boys as one.

RTID

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2010, 10:10:44 pm by MrFrost »
Here here Tom. Tell leedshayter that aswell!

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2010, 10:48:41 pm by redwine »
Jesus wept, mr frost. Are so so f**king stupid, a Millwall situation?

There were hardly any Rovers fans left in the stadium.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2010, 10:55:26 pm by MrFrost »
Yawn

TinyPortal © 2005-2012