Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:40:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sunderland v Lincoln  (Read 3408 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Sunderland v Lincoln
« Reply #30 on May 22, 2021, 05:27:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Well i still fancy Blackpool in the final also.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 22, 2021, 05:28:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
I fancy blackpool to do Lincoln

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 22, 2021, 05:28:21 pm by DearneValleyRover »
And to think on two occasions we could have had Appleton as our manager

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 22, 2021, 05:28:59 pm by PDX_Rover »
Time for Sunderland to get another manager or two before next season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 22, 2021, 05:29:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Sunderland were really poor 2nd half.

Cut McGeady out and Wyke gets very little service. One trick pony team.

Lincoln woke up and should have scored 2 more goals at least.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 22, 2021, 05:36:17 pm by Campsall rover »
3rd tier with Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton and the mighty Rovers in it next season. 6 Footballing giants.   :woot:

Oh and Wigan have recently been a Premier league Club.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 06:04:11 pm by Campsall rover »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 22, 2021, 05:44:06 pm by scawsby steve »
3rd tier with Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton and the mighty Rovers in it next season. 5 Footballing giants.   :woot:

Don't forget Charlton.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 22, 2021, 05:44:55 pm by Campsall rover »
3rd tier with Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton and the mighty Rovers in it next season. 5 Footballing giants.   :woot:

Don't forget Charlton.
WHO  :zzz:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 22, 2021, 05:49:40 pm by Campsall rover »
New I had missed someone SS. Was racking my brains so thanks for that.
Was just about check the League table.

Such an insignificant team from some where in South East London they were not worth mentioning. Well that’s my excuse for another memory blunder.  :)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 22, 2021, 05:57:14 pm by idler »
Given that only three teams go up there are going to be some long faces at some of the bigger clubs next year. There could be some serious financial cut backs at one or two as well.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 22, 2021, 06:02:45 pm by Campsall rover »
Given that only three teams go up there are going to be some long faces at some of the bigger clubs next year. There could be some serious financial cut backs at one or two as well.
Your not kidding Idler some teams going to go into meltdown if they are not careful with their spending

No Premier League money for that lot. They will have to muck in with the rest of us and make do with think it is less than 2 million TV money.  Oh dear oh dear.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 22, 2021, 06:03:31 pm by phil o sophical »
The longer Sunderland are in the league one  it's less likely  they will be attracting  better, more costly players. They have 13 players out of contract including the likes of McGeady, Wyke, Power and O'Niens. Be interesting to see what their squad looks like at the start of next season

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 22, 2021, 07:05:33 pm by adamtherover »
Sunderland were really poor 2nd half.

Cut McGeady out and Wyke gets very little service. One trick pony team.

Lincoln woke up and should have scored 2 more goals at least.
I wish they had,  I put a cheeky fiver on them to win at HT, odds of 60 to 1!!!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 22, 2021, 08:38:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
The longer Sunderland are in the league one  it's less likely  they will be attracting  better, more costly players. They have 13 players out of contract including the likes of McGeady, Wyke, Power and O'Niens. Be interesting to see what their squad looks like at the start of next season

We always perform terribly against them. The away game this season was arguably the most embarrassing performance since 2015/16. I can only hope McGeady and Wyke move on this summer.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 22, 2021, 09:16:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »
   Taken from the Bbc   "McGeady, 35, was only playing because he agreed to waive an appearance-based clause to automatically extend his contract."

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 22, 2021, 10:58:59 pm by roversdude »
3rd tier with Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Bolton and the mighty Rovers in it next season. 6 Footballing giants.   :woot:

Only if Bolton turn up

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 23, 2021, 09:14:57 am by Alan Southstand »
League 1 is going to be very competitive next season with even Wycombe & Rotherham being a threat, in my view.

Of the teams coming up from L2, I can only see Bolton having the resources to have a real go, no disrespect to the others.

I’d rather Blackpool beat Lincoln, then we have another fairly local side to play twice next season.

So, Lincoln, Oxford and Sunderland will all still be with us, along with the 3 Championship sides plus Bolton from L2. Then there’s the usual top 10 sides like Pompey, Ipswich and Charlton. That’s 10 Clubs and I havn’t mentioned us yet - it’s going to be a tougher than normal league next season, for sure.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 23, 2021, 09:32:26 am by Chris Black come back »
I would add into that mix AFC Wimbledon where we have an appalling record away, then perennially troublesome Fleetwood and Accrington. It is a difficult mix for us next season.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 23, 2021, 10:15:33 am by colincramb »
I wish Sunderland won yesterday to be honest. The longer they hang around in this league the harder it is for clubs like us to get out. They will always be able to pay more and attract better players and are more likely than not to finish in the top 6 - that means there’s only 5 places to play for.

Anyone that thinks it’s good that Sunderland are spending another year at this level needs to give their head a wobble

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 23, 2021, 10:20:48 am by godlike1 »

But we have a great recruitment process don't we?..................

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 23, 2021, 01:52:43 pm by dickos1 »

But we have a great recruitment process don't we?..................

We do,
Who would you have had him instead of, bearing in mind dickov was before we had the good recruitment process

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 23, 2021, 04:41:28 pm by tyke1962 »
League 1 is going to be very competitive next season with even Wycombe & Rotherham being a threat, in my view.

Of the teams coming up from L2, I can only see Bolton having the resources to have a real go, no disrespect to the others.

I’d rather Blackpool beat Lincoln, then we have another fairly local side to play twice next season.

So, Lincoln, Oxford and Sunderland will all still be with us, along with the 3 Championship sides plus Bolton from L2. Then there’s the usual top 10 sides like Pompey, Ipswich and Charlton. That’s 10 Clubs and I havn’t mentioned us yet - it’s going to be a tougher than normal league next season, for sure.

There's always a surprise package Alan , a Luton or Blackpool this season , none of whom could be considered to have great budgets .

All about recruiting well , it can be done .

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 24, 2021, 05:31:25 am by andysly »

We always perform terribly against them. The away game this season was arguably the most embarrassing performance since 2015/16. I can only hope McGeady and Wyke move on this summer.

I think that performance has since been surpassed on more than one occasion since. Wigan at home, Peterborough at home until they felt sorry for us are two that come to mind

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 24, 2021, 06:12:01 pm by JonWallsend »
Well, given it's a 25 min journey to the SoL from my house, from a selfish point of view I am delighted they stayed down.

Most of the Mackems I know are more optimistic than ever about the forthcoming season with the new owner and the players out of contract being a good opportunity to clear the decks.

They are not necessarily confident they will be challenging because of it, just more looking forward to the fresh start.
I expect them to be contenders

TinyPortal © 2005-2012