Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:57:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gomes  (Read 8086 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Gomes
« Reply #60 on August 10, 2019, 09:41:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
Maybe he just thought Blair was the better option in the circumstances of today’s game.?  We need a squad to offer different options on different game scenarios..

The weakest part of Blair’s game is his passing, so it’s a bit odd to bring him on to play a position where this is a key requirement when you have Crawford sat on the bench also.
You are right about Blair’s passing but Crawford’s tackling and proper closing down is his weak point. I do not believe DM sees either the right player fo the two in midfield consistently

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 10, 2019, 09:44:32 pm by drfchound »
Maybe he just thought Blair was the better option in the circumstances of today’s game.?  We need a squad to offer different options on different game scenarios..

The weakest part of Blair’s game is his passing, so it’s a bit odd to bring him on to play a position where this is a key requirement when you have Crawford sat on the bench also.
You are right about Blair’s passing but Crawford’s tackling and proper closing down is his weak point. I do not believe DM sees either the right player fo the two in midfield consistently

Crawford doesn’t tackle much, you are right.
What he does do though is nick the ball well and intercept passes.
He does a fine job in the midfield areas.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:04:44 pm by drfchound »

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 10, 2019, 09:50:27 pm by WheatleyRover »
Those who cheered should be ashamed

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 10, 2019, 09:56:19 pm by hamiltonrover »
The lad has played 145 mins of football and a majority have written him off already. He is young, get behind the lad as opposed to on his back, some of our fans are a joke. The applause when he was subbed was a disgrace.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 10, 2019, 10:16:48 pm by bpoolrover »
you could also say whoever signed or played him should be ashamed

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 10, 2019, 10:20:06 pm by IDM »
No, you couldn’t.. its far too early in the season to lose faith in the managerial team..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 10, 2019, 10:33:06 pm by scawsby steve »
I didn't agree with the cheering either, but the lad was truly awful today. He's not played much football in recent times, so surely he needs to be out on loan to get some game time and experience.

At the moment, he's nowhere near good enough to be starting games.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 10, 2019, 10:49:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Blackpool we don’t why GM signed him was it one of his bad signings but DM has got to try and work with what he’s got until he gets better. The best three players Grant signed were all loans. But how you can say DM should be ashamed is wrong. I would say who ever allowed 4 good players to leave the club made wrong decisions. But that gone now we work with Gomes we improve him and for me DM and his assistant will do that.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 10, 2019, 11:01:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »

f**k off.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 10, 2019, 11:02:32 pm by bpoolrover »
I was only joking mate he might well turn out ok, just think he would be best off been on bench until he adjusts to league 1 football

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 10, 2019, 11:02:39 pm by esdailles left foot »
No, you couldn’t.. its far too early in the season to lose faith in the managerial team..

Is it ?. Oops !.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 10, 2019, 11:04:01 pm by bpoolrover »

Or a player that's played about a game and a half of League One football.
haha

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 10, 2019, 11:45:33 pm by NewDonny »
Minus a 10 min switch he was always on the right?

Thats completely wrong.

He started the game in the wide left position and switched to the right about 25 minutes into the first half.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 11, 2019, 08:20:53 am by Jonathan »
The reaction when he went off was awful. No player of ours should be subject to that from our own fans. Gomes isn’t ready yet, that much is obvious, but I hope the reaction yesterday doesn’t undermine his confidence too much. Next time he plays he should be cheered on.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 11, 2019, 09:09:38 am by Chris Black come back »
Mixture of Ben Khemis and Riccardo Calder looks like running in quick sand. Seems lazy also

Don’t agree with either this or slating our own players - but must admit that is f**king funny...

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 11, 2019, 09:15:34 am by Graham Hirst »
Funny? You then wonder why players don't want the ball, because people like you abuse them, give them stick instead of encouraging

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 11, 2019, 10:37:49 am by drfcsteve »
It's not under 10s down the park. These are professional footballers and being paid as such. This is a football forum where we talk about the team and the players, the players don't have to read it. Do you think Gomes will play better somehow if everyone blows smoke up his arse on the forum instead of telling the truth?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 11, 2019, 10:51:50 am by dickos1 »
Crawford should be playing there
He was very good last season, I’m baffled how Moore doesn’t fancy him and thinks Gomes and Blair are better central midfielders

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 11, 2019, 10:57:43 am by Chris Black come back »
Crawford is a good technical player but lightweight and not sufficiently consistent.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 11, 2019, 10:58:48 am by IDM »
He was very good last season, I’m baffled how Moore doesn’t fancy him and thinks Gomes and Blair are better central midfielders

What makes you think he believes that.? After one game where Crawford didn’t get on.?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 11, 2019, 11:21:04 am by elmsallrover »
 A young lad that's had a bout 5 different clubs tells the story would have run over hot fires to sign a two year deal here

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 11, 2019, 11:29:43 am by dickos1 »

What makes you think he believes that.? After one game where Crawford didn’t get on.?

No,
He wasn’t in the starting 11 for friendlies or even the squad for some of them.
Yet played with the fringe players in other games.
Started Gomes in the first game and then started Gomes in the 2nd and chose Blair to come on as central midfielder rather than Crawford.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 11, 2019, 11:30:36 am by Copps is Magic »
We have him for 2 years. Moore has some responsibility for the lad now, and developing him as a player. He firstly can't throw him in at the deep end in league games. He's not ready to start. He either needs to go out on loan, be introduced into the team in cup/games or a much more incremental way, or give him an individual training programme to improve some of his attributes (touch and strength would be good ones).

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 11, 2019, 11:37:15 am by dickos1 »
Crawford is a good technical player but lightweight and not sufficiently consistent.

As oppose to beefcake Gomes

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 11, 2019, 11:48:29 am by Padge_DRFC »
First poor decision made playing Gomes ahead of Blair. Blair will always get to the biline and get more chances created for those in the box

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 11, 2019, 11:58:00 am by Colin C No.3 »
He had a poor game & in hindsight, in those weather conditions, he probably shouldn’t have started.

It’s tough enough at this level for seasoned pro’s to play ‘their game’ in driving horizontal rain & gusting winds, you have even less time to control the ball, pick out a pass, be composed.

With the sun on his back & balmy weather I’m sure he may have given a ‘better account’ of himself, but unfortunately he’s joined a team based in Northern England where the weather is more barmy than balmy.

Early days but he puts me in mind of Kiwomya when he first joined us. A goal on his debut after recovering from a serious neurological condition, then found to be too lightweight & eventually sent out on loan. Gomes is ‘a luxury’ we can’t afford IMO ( yes I know we’re just two games into the season) & maybe sending him out on loan would be the best option for both him & the club.

Cheering at his substitution though....disgraceful.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 12:00:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 11, 2019, 02:06:43 pm by Graham Hirst »
No ones asking you to blow smoke up his ##s#, as you put it, but YOU are supposed to be on his side, a SUPPORTER, so why after 2 games would you give him stick, it's ridiculous, yes it's about opinions but slateing after 2 games is insane

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 12, 2019, 10:24:38 am by wing commander »
   Gomes was a bit of a left field signing nobody really knew much about him or had seen him play.However as a youngster he had attracted big clubs who obviously thought he has potential..
   Far to early to be saying he's not good enough and thought he showed a bit of class on twitter this weekend when he praised the fans support on Saturday despite getting a bit of stick...
   Would he be first choice right now,no probably not but think he has more to give than people are assuming given a bit of settling in time..

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 12, 2019, 11:00:29 pm by jackthelad »
Didn't go Rochdale but having seen him play three or four times now I must admit I think overall he hasn't looked quite upto the required standard in my opinion.  Although he was excellent in the Hull friendly.

Regardless though the lad has not even played more than 145 competitive minutes for us and people are already jumping all over his back. Give the lad a chance.
He's came back from another county, is probably just settling back in etc and is getting used to his new team mates.   

Regardless anyway, of how good he is now or how good or bad he turns out to be. Supporters shouldn't be booing him or cheering when he's coming off or whatever was happening. It's shite and as a a player it must make them feel like shit.

Imagine going to work and being slated every time you do something or somebody cheering as you leave the office. It's nice to feel wanted and maybe when people give that impression more the players might relax more and put in some better more composed performances.

Just a thought.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012