Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Before we all start losing our heads  (Read 4643 times)

DRNaith

• VSC Member
Re: Before we all start losing our heads
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2014, 11:37:42 am by DRNaith »
I wouldn't have a clue about the running of a football club and the finances involved.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2014, 11:38:03 am by DearneValleyRover »
What do people think is a reasonable budget for a club of our size? 2 to 2.5 million iwould say.

It's about the average for this League.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2014, 11:41:46 am by drfc1951 »
I wouldn't have a clue about the running of a football club and the finances involved.
Neither would i and i dont think the people kicking off about the budget would either.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 23, 2014, 11:46:54 am by since-1969 »
Cant believe all the infighting going on within this forum, i don't comment much on this board but i suggest you all take a good hard look at yourselves and comments. John Ryan was this clubs savior and without him there would be nothing to fight about  (NO CLUB). It is also clear through TB own comments where he said he wasn't bothered whether he stayed or went that he has no passion for the club. This coupled with DW health issues where his family supposedly wanted him to concentrate on his self quite rightly so than the club.
Where does this leave us, i don't really know but i suggest we need a new set of owners who are going to have passion about this Club John Ryan for me would have been great because i feel once he came in further support would have followed from other sources.
One thing is for sure TB is not the answer.

Stop the fighting and support the team (once we have one lol) we all want the same thing!!!!
John Ryan has been being living off the clubs past glory's for too long . He spouts about HIS record as though everyone else with money in the club had nothing to do with it . JR is living in cloud cuckoo land . He is a spent force and should have NEVER have been allowed to create this mayhem ! It IS ALL his mess and where is he NO WHERE ! Keep the past JR . It's the future were fighting for .

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2014, 11:58:03 am by Wild Rover »
What do people think is a reasonable budget for a club of our size? 2 to 2.5 million iwould say.

Is that a "playing side" budget, or an all encompassing one. ?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2014, 12:02:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
Hopefully, its a budget that will meet the boards stated aim of getting back to the Championship. I'm still waiting for something positive to happen and I may be waiting a long time by the looks of things, presently!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2014, 12:07:11 pm by rtid88 »
Did JR not walk away from the club a few minutes before the Barnsley game last season. I lost any feeling I had for the man there and then! He spat his dummy out expecting the fans to come calling for him but it didnt happen.

I am sorry but I do blame JR for this whole fiasco and not the FL, JR or JR's advisors must surely have known that you can't just come along and buy a football club without money in the bank!

This club is in a very very sorry state and as it stands we are a bit of national laughing stock!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 23, 2014, 12:08:41 pm by since-1969 »
Correct !!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 23, 2014, 12:20:23 pm by drfc1951 »

Is that a "playing side" budget, or an all encompassing one. ?

Playing side wages etc.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 23, 2014, 12:31:53 pm by godlike1 »
We have everything in hand Godlike.

Cheers SM. I think its fair to say that the sooner you can provide some feedback to help appease those who are becoming more and more dissolusioned with the direction (or lack off) the club is heading in.  I know there are reasons behined this but some clear direction, aims and ambition with the money behined it would go along way to helping cheer people up a little

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 23, 2014, 12:35:23 pm by since-1969 »
How does someone get off with a throw away comment " that it's all in hand" when nothing is  in the public domain.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012