Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:14:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Before we all start losing our heads  (Read 4671 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Before we all start losing our heads
« on July 23, 2014, 07:38:12 am by godlike1 »
Is there any way the vsc can talk to the club to try and get some sort of reassurances about the season ahead

The fact that we have not signed anyone and players, including trialists are leaving in droves like were the Marie celest has people worried and rumours and running wild which in turn is affecting the confidence of the fans in the club and it's intentions

What TB & DW do need and hopefully realise is that to build a sustainable club, investment and success is required in order to keep fickle football fans interrested

I appreciate they have only just had budget talks but unless the club shows its hand quickly e.g resigning copps, tying wellens down to a longer deal, re-signing Turnbull and at least signing this cook then I dread to think what the crowds will be like this season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Before we all start losing our heads
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2014, 09:29:41 am by silent majority »
We have everything in hand Godlike.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2014, 09:44:18 am by since-1969 »
If that's the case why are we still in the situation of only Half a first with only 2 weeks to go .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2014, 09:54:18 am by River Don »
If that's the case why are we still in the situation of only Half a first with only 2 weeks to go .

Well, there was the small matter of an attempted takeover bid.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2014, 09:58:01 am by since-1969 »
JR walked away being  accused after the Barnsley fiasco the we was spending money that wasn't his to
Spend . TB & DW had an agreement with him that the budget is split 3ways. Now JR has gone but still holding on to his shares YET not contributing his share of the budget WHY should any of us expect TB or DW to carry JR's share of  the budget! . They tried to off load the club as it's a noose around the bank balance's , so what's changed since the collapse of the take over . NOTHING !! Except PD is even further behind his team building . This WAS avoidable but JR put in his brand of Bullshit and everyone was suckered into it . JR should man up and put the money in he promised to the club as ALL this was HIS doing before finally goes off to the football wilderness . 

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2014, 10:22:23 am by dickos1 »
We have everything in hand Godlike.

I fail to see how everything is in hand. A week is approaching now since the takeover failed.
People are quick to say jr would've known it was going to fail for a long time before it did, but then so did brammal.
2 weeks until the season starts and were losing players rather than gaining any.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2014, 10:26:59 am by Danmckay456 »
No way on earth we are going to be able to compete with the top half never mind the top 2 , a top budget is all well and good but when you've lost the amount of players we have 15 + from last season how can you get a squad of 22-25 in of quality in a short space of time , most teams now are using formations tactics to best use for preparation for the start of the season we are deploying kids THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES !!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2014, 10:27:51 am by Dagenham Rover »
I read  SM's comment as the vsc have everything in hand to ask the questions Godlike posed to the club

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2014, 10:29:36 am by karlos »
Cant believe all the infighting going on within this forum, i don't comment much on this board but i suggest you all take a good hard look at yourselves and comments. John Ryan was this clubs savior and without him there would be nothing to fight about  (NO CLUB). It is also clear through TB own comments where he said he wasn't bothered whether he stayed or went that he has no passion for the club. This coupled with DW health issues where his family supposedly wanted him to concentrate on his self quite rightly so than the club.
Where does this leave us, i don't really know but i suggest we need a new set of owners who are going to have passion about this Club John Ryan for me would have been great because i feel once he came in further support would have followed from other sources.
One thing is for sure TB is not the answer.

Stop the fighting and support the team (once we have one lol) we all want the same thing!!!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2014, 10:31:23 am by dickos1 »
I read  SM's comment as the vsc have everything in hand to ask the questions Godlike posed to the club

Hope so

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2014, 10:41:54 am by silent majority »

Hope so

Thanks Daggers, that's exactly what I meant. The question was asked if we were talking to the club, and we are.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2014, 10:43:14 am by karlos »
Can somebody also tell me why we have never had a chairman replace John Ryan since he left Genuine Question ?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2014, 10:43:36 am by Boomstick »
Cant believe all the infighting going on within this forum, i don't comment much on this board but i suggest you all take a good hard look at yourselves and comments. John Ryan was this clubs savior and without him there would be nothing to fight about  (NO CLUB). It is also clear through TB own comments where he said he wasn't bothered whether he stayed or went that he has no passion for the club. This coupled with DW health issues where his family supposedly wanted him to concentrate on his self quite rightly so than the club.
Where does this leave us, i don't really know but i suggest we need a new set of owners who are going to have passion about this Club John Ryan for me would have been great because i feel once he came in further support would have followed from other sources.

Stop the fighting and support the team (once we have one lol) we all want the same thing!!!!

Here here!!!!
Best post so far

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2014, 10:44:19 am by silent majority »
Can somebody also tell me why we have never had a chairman replace John Ryan since he left Genuine Question ?

Essentially because of all the background shenanigans.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2014, 10:45:05 am by Boomstick »

TB's heart isn't in it. He would be the obvious choice. Also adds credence to your argument about TB not really wanting to own the club

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2014, 10:47:05 am by drfc1951 »

Here here!!!!
Best post so far

TB not the answer ,who is then?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2014, 10:49:21 am by Boomstick »

Here here!!!!
Best post so far

TB not the answer ,who is then?

JR and LT. But thanks to the football league, we are stuck with an owner who doesn't really have the passion required,
At least with JR and LT, it would have attracted further investment

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2014, 10:50:53 am by the vicar »

Hope so

Thanks Daggers, that's exactly what I meant. The question was asked if we were talking to the club, and we are.
but its ok a damp blanket talking to a damp sheet they just get pissed on and that is just a damp squid no good to anyone

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2014, 10:54:21 am by karlos »
I dont know but at least JR had passion for the club and who knows his vision for the club could well have worked. Apart from last seasons fall out where has he ever done us wrong he saved us, he promoted us to the championship and wanted us to go further as a club. Is this not what all our supporters want. Im not saying his comments heve been rite but where ever did IN JOHN RYAN WE TRUST GO. remember TB AND DW WALKED OUT ON THE CLUB ONCE BEFORE. i will never do that because i have passion about the club do they ????

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2014, 10:57:13 am by IDM »

Hope so

but its ok a damp blanket talking to a damp sheet they just get pissed on and that is just a damp squid no good to anyone

:facepalm:

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 23, 2014, 10:59:29 am by drfc1951 »
John Ryan plus TB&DW got us to the championship,it was not a one man show.Without their contribution we wouldnt have got there.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2014, 11:06:43 am by VivaRovers »
PASSION!!!!!!!

PASSION!!!!!!!!

F***** PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actual funds? Business sense? A reasoned perspective on what is possible?

Nope. I WANT PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 23, 2014, 11:07:17 am by DearneValleyRover »
I dont know but at least JR had passion for the club and who knows his vision for the club could well have worked. Apart from last seasons fall out where has he ever done us wrong he saved us, he promoted us to the championship and wanted us to go further as a club. Is this not what all our supporters want. Im not saying his comments heve been rite but where ever did IN JOHN RYAN WE TRUST GO. remember TB AND DW WALKED OUT ON THE CLUB ONCE BEFORE. i will never do that because i have passion about the club do they ????

I don't know how many more times this needs to be said, no they did not they just stopped their money being thrown at the experiment and this is turning into another JR v TB thread. The FL have decided that JR does not have the funds to run the club so it's pointless pointing the finger at the people who do own the club isn't it.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 23, 2014, 11:09:40 am by timdrfc »
Because JR messed up his takeover, so TB  & DW have inherited this poor situation & will be trying to rectify it for all our benefits.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 23, 2014, 11:11:36 am by karlos »
not saying they didnt get us there but they were happy to walk away, and before i get the come back so did JR has he ever really walked away even now has he said thats it im selling my shares. we dont know but in my oppinion its not the end of JR.

I am getting dragged into a argument i never wanted because we are all gratefull to everybody who has contributed over the years.

But finally ask yourself this question would you as a supporter ever walk away from the club that you have passion about?

The same answer should be the same one that the owners should heve?

And that is a big NO from me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 23, 2014, 11:14:35 am by IDM »

But finally ask yourself this question would you as a supporter ever walk away from the club that you have passion about?

No... Rovers till I die..

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 23, 2014, 11:15:10 am by Not Now Kato »

Vicar, are you unwell?  It's a serious question.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 23, 2014, 11:18:25 am by karlos »
No matter what are arguments are we all love DONCASTER ROVERS.

ROVERS TILL I DIE, COME ON YOU REDS.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 23, 2014, 11:31:11 am by Filo »

Not sure how old you are, but if you do some research JR walked out of the club just before the dark years!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 23, 2014, 11:36:48 am by drfc1951 »
What do people think is a reasonable budget for a club of our size? 2 to 2.5 million iwould say.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012