Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 07:51:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: first half second half performance  (Read 2241 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
first half second half performance
« on August 08, 2010, 10:40:56 am by not on facebook »
did not go to the game so i can only come to a opinion
from reading between the lines from both sets of fans.

it seems as thou rovers were well worth their 2goal lead after
the first 45 after playing preston off the park,some rovers fans have said that they have not seen football like that from a rovers team in 40+ years.

preston fans all seem to be saying the same thing about the first 45.

2nd half and this seems that preston were unlucky not to score,put down to very bad finishing on numerous occasions
from a certian chris brown.sullivan kept rovers in the game.

not much detail into the second half by rovers fans for obviuos reasons.

but now dust has had time to set down 'were rovers lucky not to have been up against a inform striker'

or did it look like that 3pts was allways in the bag.

bring on the robbins who have a poor record at KMS since rovers got into championship

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re:first half second half performance
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2010, 11:11:10 am by Rovin Reporter »
Its a game of 2 half sonee , someone once said , so we won the first and they drew the second .

Shornton

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2010, 01:01:07 pm by Shornton »
Rovers were never really in any trouble, all of prestons efforts were weak and straight at Sully.

Preston were up for it in the 2nd half and battled harder, when we had the ball we just looked so much better than them.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2010, 02:03:35 pm by not on facebook »
thanks for that shornton fella type of puts us mind at easy

PeeblesRover22

« Reply #4 on August 08, 2010, 03:08:30 pm by PeeblesRover22 »
Think Shorton's right, but my only concern is that our defence did seem to open up quite easily on a number of times in the second half.  Not sure who's fault it was but we weren't going with the runners and they kept finding space.  Maybe midfield weren't tracking back.  I've stil got a question mark against Martis though, but time will tell.

VikingJames

« Reply #5 on August 08, 2010, 03:13:13 pm by VikingJames »
I agree about the defence. They were pretty solid yesterday, but did look as though they could've been stretched more by a better team. Martis and Locky were excellent generally, but did get opened up once or twice. I think Locky is a great pro and would run through brick walls for the cause, but I do think that we need another defender in the Shackell mould to add a touch of class and solidity at the back.

What I'm saying is, I can't fault Locky and Martis after yesterday, and that partnership can do us a job at this level, but if we really want to push on this year, I think we will need somebody along the lines of Shackell to sure up the back line.

PeeblesRover22

« Reply #6 on August 08, 2010, 03:17:28 pm by PeeblesRover22 »
Do you think Thomas will help from what you've seen of him?  Could he be in the Shackell mould?

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2010, 05:52:05 pm by stuey »
VikingJames wrote:

What I'm saying is, I can't fault Locky and Martis after yesterday,

I can. Locky I'd agree with, he did well, but Martis, in my opinion, isn't any better than last season. His positional play is poor, he's very slow on the turn, and his judgment of the high ball is woeful and almost (with better finishing) cost us a goal. The only part of his game that seems to have improved was his passing, as he seemed to look for the simple pass more than the usual \"hoof\" up front. We really need a quality center half and fast.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2010, 08:44:25 pm by scuzzer »
VikingJames wrote:
I agree about the defence. They were pretty solid yesterday, but did look as though they could've been stretched more by a better team. Martis and Locky were excellent generally, but did get opened up once or twice. I think Locky is a great pro and would run through brick walls for the cause, but I do think that we need another defender in the Shackell mould to add a touch of class and solidity at the back.

What I'm saying is, I can't fault Locky and Martis after yesterday, and that partnership can do us a job at this level, but if we really want to push on this year, I think we will need somebody along the lines of Shackell to sure up the back line.

Shack didn't do a lot for our 6-fingered pals up the road yesterday!

Sulli did make one fantastic save low down to his near post from a header, other than that Preston didn't look like they'd have scored if they were still there now. First half was utterly fantastic stuff and nice to see it converted into 3 points. We'll face much stiffer tests though, if they're higher than 21st at the end of this season i'll be very surprised.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2010, 09:42:09 pm by CusworthRovers »
I thought Locky and Martis had a tough game yesterday against 2 rugged forwards, that I thought would be right up their street.

In the 2nd half they were beaten on the ground by through balls a few times and more alarmingly over the top (which I thought would be their bread and butter skill).

Admittedly our shape went when SG was sent off. I think Stock held his hands up to one where he had vacated the holding role and they ran at us and caused our 32 CH's some grief, but we are needing a Shack/Mills type (as we all know)...........JOC is the one, but he's a first class right back first and foremost.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2010, 09:50:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CusworthRovers wrote:
they ran at us and caused our 32 CH's some grief.

I know O'Driscoll likes to tighten stuff up at the back if we are winning late on but chuff me!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 09, 2010, 05:57:33 am by Alan Southstand »
I can. Locky I'd agree with, he did well, but Martis, in my opinion, isn't any better than last season.

I don't know what game you were at, but Martis was easily the better of the 2. I agree, its plainly obvious we need a good CB (and I'm not sure Mr Thomas is that guy) and if we get a Prem standard loanee, along with JET and Mutcc, we'll have a good season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012