Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 06:49:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: to all the people who booed  (Read 5504 times)

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
to all the people who booed
« on August 10, 2010, 10:25:59 pm by Bald Rover »
You should be ashamed we have just seen a team that included a 16 year old kid and some fringe players ! How fickle I wonder if the players wanted to boo the crap support tonight because the difference in the team was more than echoed by the difference in the support!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re:to all the people who booed
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2010, 10:27:11 pm by Chris »
Are you being serious?!

Those who did boo, seriously get a grip.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2010, 10:28:40 pm by MrFrost »
Happens at every stadium in the land, and it will continue to happen.

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2010, 10:29:38 pm by DonnyRover »
booing :O im disgusted at those fellow FANS!

snods big brother

« Reply #4 on August 10, 2010, 10:30:08 pm by snods big brother »
Are they booing because it was a poor performance or disappointment with the result? I think the latter

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2010, 10:33:50 pm by Boycie »
We have had this topic scores of times.
Booing does not help the team but if you pay your admission price you are entitled to voice your opinions how you want, it dont help the team but probably makes you feel better.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 10, 2010, 10:33:57 pm by Jonathan »
Probably just that the mental capacity of some people cannot extend beyond;

win = cheer
lose = boo
draw = shuffle out and see what others do

Unfortunately I'm afraid that is a fact.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2010, 10:37:12 pm by BobG »
Sheep I suspect you're hinting at Jonathan. Sounds about right.

BobG

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2010, 10:56:48 pm by Bald Rover »
the amount of crap I just heard on the waqy back to the car...kids singing \"were Sh** and I know we are\" one bloke said we will get relegated with that side!! I asked if he went to Preston on Sat he said no....did he think that was our strongest 11! honestly I dong get annoyed after games and usually chuckle at some comments but our support tonight was appaling!

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2010, 11:00:23 pm by DonnyRover »
i really hate moaners who just have no common sense, every year my season ticket seems to be infront of a arrogant senseless fan who doesnt grasp the concept of football!

macca_the_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2010, 11:06:20 pm by macca_the_rover »
I think some of these moaners are glory supporters that dont know a lot about football.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2010, 11:29:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No problem with the result tonight, I thought Accrington started nervously and we didn't take advantage as much as we should have done.

They warmed to the task and kept us at bay and doubts crept in to our play. I thought our more senior players didn't quite deliver when it mattered and when we then started creaking with injuries and fatigue, there was only going to be one winner.

Two goals from bad defending punished us severely.

The groan when Hayter went down was very telling as I think we all realise what a key player he is and what effect it has on our already crocked squad.

To a point it was damage limitation tonight and we have suffered. Not through lack of effort but through a lack of experience.composure in certain areas. If you think that's worth booing then that's up to you.

I don't give a monkeys about getting knocked out. All I'm bothered about is getting a decent team out on Saturday.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2010, 11:29:36 pm by SkellowRover »
Well i had an eventfull evening, heard lots of moaning about players throughout the game behind me and when you robbie clark fould their player on the halfway line a group of morons behind me were giving it \"i can't believe the useless cnut has got away with that, how lucky is he\" etc blah blah when he got a yellow card. I then explained to them that they should learn the laws of the game as being on the halfway line isn't classed as being in a goalscoring opportunity (unless your names david beckham or Nayim). Then on the full time whistle they booed and one moron was ranting and raving and calling them pathetic etc, i felt like knocking some of these morons out.

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #13 on August 10, 2010, 11:33:18 pm by DRFC MYERS »
it is wrong to boo especially as it is a league cup 1st round match with hardly any 1st team players on the pitch

yer if youve lost 10 games in a row you can boo but tonight just leave disgusted

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 10, 2010, 11:34:48 pm by RoversAlias »
SkellowRover wrote:
Well i had an eventfull evening, heard lots of moaning about players throughout the game behind me and when you robbie clark fould their player on the halfway line a group of morons behind me were giving it \"i can't believe the useless cnut has got away with that, how lucky is he\" etc blah blah when he got a yellow card. I then explained to them that they should learn the laws of the game as being on the halfway line isn't classed as being in a goalscoring opportunity (unless your names david beckham or Nayim). Then on the full time whistle they booed and one moron was ranting and raving and calling them pathetic etc, i felt like knocking some of these morons out.

You missed out Xabi Alonso...and Theo Streete  :P

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2010, 11:48:43 pm by DonnyRover »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can't believe some people are criticising those fans that did boo, as they were absolutely entitled to do so.

What booing is actually meant to achieve I don't know, but we lost the game because we were pretty shambolic as a team all evening. Accrington came along, did a good job on us, never stopped working and were thoroughly good value for the victory.

after reconsidering the effects of booing, this may come as a call for the players to put in a good performance on saturday, which is a much bigger game.

Cheers

DonnyRover

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 11, 2010, 12:52:18 am by Chris »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can't believe some people are criticising those fans that did boo, as they were absolutely entitled to do so.

We're also entitled to crticise those who did boo. What's your point?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 11, 2010, 01:54:33 am by Chris »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Well what's the point in criticising them that did boo?

It's done. I don't get why some people boo at times but I totally expect that if we were to win on Saturday against Bristol City, the boo boys tonight would be clapping like seals come full-time on Saturday!!!

Which makes it worth commenting on how stupid these people are.  :P

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 11, 2010, 06:35:49 am by jucyberry »
There was one voice near the fella who did nothing but winge all evening, as I said to the fella, I would dearly love to see every player on that pitch stop playing and walk over to the most vocal and with one voice say...

'Do you mind, we are trying to work here...'   :laugh:  :laugh:

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 11, 2010, 08:04:20 am by Red Rover »
Booing isn't the answer coz it doesn't help any1

...but I can't help but feel we pay the money to go and watch them and pay their wages and the likes of Shiels and Hird, who are experienced and played average should accept them

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 11, 2010, 08:11:35 am by Bald Rover »
Red Rover wrote:

...but I can't help but feel we pay the money to go and watch them and pay their wages and the likes of Shiels and Hird, who are experienced and played average should accept them

swing the table does that give the players the right to boo the fans then when they are getting outsung by what 200 Stanley fans from pre kick off? our support at Preston as always was excellent! at home it is appaling! we are the 12th man even against so called lower league opposition! the Stanley Ultras were immense in their support!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 11, 2010, 10:00:00 am by belton rover »
DonnyRover wrote:
every year my season ticket seems to be infront of a arrogant senseless fan who doesnt grasp the concept of football!

That's probably Bob G

;)

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 11, 2010, 11:49:54 am by donnybez »
snods big brother wrote:
Are they booing because it was a poor performance or disappointment with the result? I think the latter
I went to the game and i feel after Payne went off, our performance fell apart. I also have to agree and comdemn the boo-ers. With the number of teenagers in the side they didn't deserve to hear that on what could be their greatest moment, their first and perhaps only Rovers appearance which i for one hope theres more on the way

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 11, 2010, 01:39:53 pm by Red Rover »
Bald Rover wrote:
Red Rover wrote:

swing the table does that give the players the right to boo the fans then when they are getting outsung by what 200 Stanley fans from pre kick off? our support at Preston as always was excellent! at home it is appaling! we are the 12th man even against so called lower league opposition! the Stanley Ultras were immense in their support!

Ok I see where ur coming from but let's face it, it was a cup final for their players and fans and they defiantly wanted it more. Just disappointing to see us roll over that easy.

I agree the support last nite was pathetic and Preston was amazing! That was a proper 12th man, but we shudnt have needed one last nite

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 11, 2010, 03:51:44 pm by not on facebook »
funny is it not when rovers were back in conference you never really heard the team getting boo boo off the pitch.

cant put my finger on this but why have things changed today

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 11, 2010, 06:45:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
funny is it not when rovers were back in conference you never really heard the team getting boo boo off the pitch.

cant put my finger on this but why have things changed today

Simples. Back then, and way back, you paid your modest entrance fee in change, you watched mostly honest, modestly paid professionals who were one step above the average man in terms of status.

The gap between the avarage fan, and what we pay, to what footballers get now, is huge. Because most of us believe footballers are overpaid, when we feel we get shortchanged the feeling of being let down is more intense.

The more hurt we feel, the more likely we are to boo and boo louder because it is the only way we can show our displeasure.  

Again it's all about money, treating the average players like princes and treating the average fans with contempt.

It's killing the game.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 11, 2010, 07:06:20 pm by DonnyRTID »
You have to take the rough with the smooth, no team will play fantastic football every game especially as (last night) most don't play together on a regular basis.
Cut the lads some slack, they've come a long way in a short time so be proud and enjoy the ride, if your too fickle to do that then get off before the next stop.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012