Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 02:48:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Non League Day  (Read 2250 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Non League Day
« on September 04, 2010, 12:44:41 pm by philsky »
Off to see some powerhouse non-league stuff today.

St Albans City vs Woking.

Seen us lose at Woking a couple of times mind.

RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Non League Day
« Reply #1 on September 04, 2010, 01:07:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm off to the delights of South Elmsall to watch Frickley, something different that's for sure.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 04, 2010, 03:56:15 pm by philsky »
Half time:

St Albans 0 Woking 1

This match is frankly shockingly bad and I mean hopeless / hapless kick and rush rubbish.

Every ball (every ball) is a hoof.

Not one player considers a short pass and every player who has the ball has no options bar a belt upfield.

I want to scream for them just to put a foot on the ball for a second and for a couple of players to come short to give options. Nope......hoof.

We are truly spoilt - what we see week in week out is a universe away from this.

Thank you John Ryan - we could easily have been here.

RTID

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 04, 2010, 04:03:01 pm by Superspy »
in a way i hope the frickley game is equally as bad, i couldnt be arsed to go in the end. lol

racecourse red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 04, 2010, 05:58:36 pm by racecourse red »
yer woz at frickley , marines 3rd goal woz a cracker and the guy who scored it looked really good !!!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 04, 2010, 06:29:23 pm by Surrey Rover »
philsky wrote:
Half time:

St Albans 0 Woking 1

This match is frankly shockingly bad and I mean hopeless / hapless kick and rush rubbish.

Every ball (every ball) is a hoof.

Not one player considers a short pass and every player who has the ball has no options bar a belt upfield.

I want to scream for them just to put a foot on the ball for a second and for a couple of players to come short to give options. Nope......hoof.

We are truly spoilt - what we see week in week out is a universe away from this.

Thank you John Ryan - we could easily have been here.

RTID

Ditto everything you've said there Philsky only this time with regard to Crawley Town v Fleetwood. Totally lacking in any quality and £17 if you wanted to watch from the main stand £14 on the terrace, programme £3. Its not DRFC thats pricing itself out of the reach of Joe Public its football in general fuelled by vastly overpaid footballers at all levels of the game.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 04, 2010, 07:04:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It was a good game myself and Rigo watched, though more for incident than quality.  Shocking quality really bar the guy who scored the third goal for Marine - a cracking goal as has been said.  The ref didn't give enough cards out but he got most things right.

We're lucky with the quality we watch.  Noticed Charles Fisher playing for Frickley, no surprise he never made it he was rubbish.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 04, 2010, 07:28:49 pm by Rios »
Went see Stalybridge Celtic v Gainsboro Trinity.

Surprisingly good football play be Staly who won 2-0.  Jan Budtz has finally found his level in the BSN and Mark Hume looks twice the man he was at Rovers!!!  Tim Ryan was his same irrepresible self.  Played at centre back up against Jefferson Louis who is nearly a foot taller than him, so he spent the whole afternoon fouling him and hammering the ball long whenever he got it!  Finished by arguing with some loud mouthed trinity fans, getting booked and have a spat with his fellow centre half... quality!

They've built a new stand since I was last there too.  The whole afternoon made me think about Rovers and how far we've come and whether it's a good thing and whether I enjoy it.  I paid £20 today which included entrance, my train fare and pie, peas and gravy (£2.30!!!!!!) and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.  Admitedly the standard of football was down quite a notch, but I'm not sure O'Driscoll's brand of football and the glamour of playing the likes of \"Hull\" is worth the extra £30 every home game!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 04, 2010, 08:50:44 pm by philsky »
Well im back.

That was a bloody joke; complete and utter tripe.

Both team were having a laugh.

Woking dominated the game and carved the \"Saints\" defence open countless times during the second half yet were pitiful in front of goal.

I will continue to visit St Albans given its 20 mins or so from home but ffs.

RTID

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 06, 2010, 09:39:20 am by London_Rover »
I went to see Bishop Stortford play Farnboro' in the Blue Sq Sth

4-1 to Farnboro'!  3-0 at half time so all over by then - especially as the 4th goal came within 5 mins of the second half starting!

Good fun though.  Mind I wouldn't buy a cup of soup from them again.  just thinking about it makes me gag...

;-)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012