Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:23:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: nspcc top  (Read 4019 times)

donny_91

• Forum Member
nspcc top
« on September 14, 2010, 02:28:44 am by donny_91 »
Hi, if anyone is interested i have a adam lockwood nspcc top that is currently on ebay, if anyone would like to bid here is the link
 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DONCASTER-ROVERS-NSPCC-FOOTBALL-SHIRT-/280561817970?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4152c99972

thanks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re:nspcc top
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2010, 12:10:04 pm by Chris »
I hope you're donating it to charity, as intended.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2010, 12:35:16 pm by washyrover »
Is the money going to charity if so could a cheque be made payable to nspcc.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2010, 01:19:11 pm by Bald Rover »
In his defense he supported the charity when he purchased the shirt? the shirt is now his property?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2010, 01:34:41 pm by keyser_soze »
nah, this stinks.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2010, 02:02:24 pm by Superspy »
Bald Rover wrote:
In his defense he supported the charity when he purchased the shirt? the shirt is now his property?

glad its not just me who thought that.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2010, 03:28:30 pm by bobjimwilly »
Bald Rover wrote:

True, but isn't he, in effect, claiming (a proportion) of that money back now? And if he makes more on the auction than he paid for the shirt, is that sill moral?  :S

gavuez1723

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2010, 03:33:09 pm by gavuez1723 »
I cannot believe anyone would sell such an item...My dad owns the Heffernan signed version & I have told him if he ever sells it I will disown him (if that is legally possible)...It is the only thing I hope that he will leave to me when the inevitable happens.  :scarf:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2010, 03:36:28 pm by Chris »
The fact that he's set a reserve price indicates he intends to make a profit out of it.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 14, 2010, 03:37:39 pm by Superspy »
bobjimwilly wrote:
Bald Rover wrote:

True, but isn't he, in effect, claiming (a proportion) of that money back now? And if he makes more on the auction than he paid for the shirt, is that sill moral?  :S

im a person who takes my morals and principals very seriously, but i honestly don't see how he's doing anything wrong. he bought the shirt in the first place, and the money for the original sale of the shirt went to charity as it should have done. if he wants to sell it on now (even if he makes a profit) it isn't taking anything away from the NSPCC, they got their donation way back when...

although i do agree its not something i'd personally sell, but then again, we don't know the OPs personal circumstances, maybe he's selling the shirt to be able to afford more match tickets  ;)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 14, 2010, 03:38:14 pm by Superspy »
Chris wrote:
The fact that he's set a reserve price indicates he intends to make a profit out of it.

could you please show me where the indicator is that says the reserver is higher than the price he paid?

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 14, 2010, 03:39:00 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Wasn't the Lookwood shirt the one that was raffled off at the end of the season, where if you donated to the buckets you got a sticker and then they chose a couple of winners?

So the shirt probably only cost him a quid anyway....

Personally, I don't see the problem, its now his shirt and he can do whatever he likes with it. If I had one, I wouldn't sell it, but everyone is different and perhaps he just needs the money?

donny_91

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 14, 2010, 06:29:59 pm by donny_91 »
The only reason i am selling the top is to be able to afford to go to more away games, at the minuite im still at college and could only just afforded my season ticket. Considering i donated money to charity in the first place in order to win the top then i dont see what the problem is? What about the people who won season tickets instead? You expect them to sell and then donate the money to charity? If you dont want to bid, dont bid. I only posted on here for those who ARE interested. Thanks.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #13 on September 14, 2010, 06:36:06 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Nobby Stiles is selling some stuff too

Not on ebay though

He needs the money for next seasons ST apparantley

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 14, 2010, 07:02:25 pm by MiKA »
Can you really be a true Rovers fan to be selling that shirt?  its a bit of DRFC history that any true fan would cherrish forever.

What sticks in my throat a little is that your willing to take a minimum of £150 off a 'geniune' Rovers fan.

Shame on you.        :ohmy:

Ten Mile Banker

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 14, 2010, 07:38:13 pm by Ten Mile Banker »
MiKA wrote:
Can you really be a true Rovers fan to be selling that shirt?  its a bit of DRFC history that any true fan would cherrish forever.

What sticks in my throat a little is that your willing to take a minimum of £150 off a 'geniune' Rovers fan.

Shame on you.        :ohmy:

I don't know why people don't give the lad a break, he's explained the reasons for selling the shirt. I'm sure if he wasn't a true Rovers fan he wouldn't be a STH.  Are you not a true Rovers fan for not buying it?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 14, 2010, 10:40:22 pm by MrFrost »
I nabbed a seat from the Goldstone Ground when we played there for the last ever game back in 1997.

I sold the seat to a Brighton fan in 2005 for £600.

If he wants to sell it, let him. I see no problem with it.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 15, 2010, 12:05:20 am by RobTheRover »
I've got half a seat back from Mansfield (which accidentally snapped during over enthusiastic celebrations when Gregg got the winner in 2004).

Any offers?

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 15, 2010, 10:25:03 am by andy didcott »
i have brian stocks green and white hooped shirt and will be selling it, but not for a long time yet, give somebody else the chance to own it, hopefully a rovers fan.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 15, 2010, 10:33:24 am by RobTheRover »
The shirts served their purpose and raised a lot of money for the NSPCC.

What the current owners do with them is up to them.  I bought \"Do they know its Christmas\" in 1984 on 7\" vinyl for 99p from woolies, and sold it for £1.50 to a mate at school.  The fact remains, Bob Geldof got the money from the original sale.

Jeez, I never knew we had such a puritanical gathering on here.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 15, 2010, 12:36:49 pm by Filo »
RobTheRover wrote:
The shirts served their purpose and raised a lot of money for the NSPCC.

What the current owners do with them is up to them.  I bought \"Do they know its Christmas\" in 1984 on 7\" vinyl for 99p from woolies, and sold it for £1.50 to a mate at school.  The fact remains, Bob Geldof got the money from the original sale.

Jeez, I never knew we had such a puritanical gathering on here.

Is that a reflection of the type of school you went to?  :laugh:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 15, 2010, 12:43:41 pm by RobTheRover »
Aye, an approved school.

donny_91

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 20, 2010, 05:09:36 pm by donny_91 »
top has now got 4 hours left for anyone whos interested.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 20, 2010, 09:02:48 pm by Chris »
£349 and the reserve is still not met?!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 20, 2010, 09:39:51 pm by hoolahoop »
It hasn't made the reserve........jeez I wished I had the money to buy it. It's the lad's shirt , he won it fair and square and has every right to dispose of it as he wishes imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012