Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:27:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've had a dream  (Read 2586 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I've had a dream
« on September 16, 2010, 08:40:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Only a short dream this one. Reason being I couldn’t get to sleep in anticipation of seeing Yorkshire’s  number one football team return to the Keepmoat…. to take on L**ds.
I remembered my initial thoughts when L**ds were promoted last season. It was like looking forward to a party, and then finding out that someone you can’t stand was going to be there! Now the time has come to meet them face to face, and although the event is much anticipated, it will be a relief when it’s all over.

Match day arrives and it’s time to lock up your dustbins.  L**ds fans gather in the away end of the ground singing about Donny being a ‘shit town with no fans’ and more join in as they arrive soon after leaving their Doncaster homes.

Rovers kick off in the pouring rain, and both sides find it hard to stay standing on the slippery surface. After 13 minutes Oster works his magic, flicking the ball to Copps, who returns it back to OSTER just inside the area, goes round two L**ds defenders, is brought down, but scores before the ref has time to blow for a penalty.

HT Rovers 1 L**ds 0

Second half and the rain has stopped. L**ds are very physical and show why they have committed the most fouls in the Championship this season. Rovers however maintain their discipline and increase their score after 58 minutes when COPPINGER chips the ball in from a tight angle.
L**ds get even more physical but fail to break through Rovers’ solid defence. Rovers’s win the game but at a price as several players limp off at full time.

Rovers 2 L**ds 0

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Buzzberry

• Forum Member
Re:I've had a dream
« Reply #1 on September 16, 2010, 08:58:20 pm by Buzzberry »
As much as i would like your dream to come true, i don't see us keeping a clean sheet

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 16, 2010, 08:59:27 pm by epworth red »
Nice one BB got my money ready for laddys B)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 16, 2010, 09:02:22 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Any of your dreams come true?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2010, 09:19:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Any of your dreams come true?

I once backed Cambridge to win the boat race on the basis of a dream. They came second but luckily I backed them each way.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2010, 10:17:55 pm by Al4475 »
BB, once we get the jollities out of the way tomorrow night! Is your missus coming to support Roz at the Little Theatre next week? I reckon you should join her if she is mate - just for a giggle and a celebration with Mr.4475 about a certain footy result that you dreamed would occur! Ha!!  :laugh:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2010, 10:24:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I,d love to mate, but I'm on nights. :(
Sue tells me she's going on the 2nd Oct to see Roz in Girls night out.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2010, 01:08:52 am by RobTheRover »
My Mrs and her pals are coming to that too.  Look out for a gang of about 10 of them.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2010, 07:37:48 am by Al4475 »
That's great Rob - If you see me after the show (BB never does he always shoots straight off) I'll get you a drink for supporting the show - if you and your missus do end up with a gang of 10 there's free champagne too!

What night you coming? I'll keep an eye out for a rowdy gang of girls and a Rovers shirt! :laugh:

neil grainger

« Reply #9 on September 17, 2010, 08:41:14 am by neil grainger »
Normally I read the accounts of your dreams with great anticipation and I hang on your every word BB, as I know you have been spookily accurate in the past.

However I fear you are well wide of the mark this time mate.

I just can't see it raining this evening.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2010, 05:49:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Match day arrives and it's time to lock up your dustbins

Unfortunately it was bin emptying day today in our area so they have been left at their own risk all day, and guess what?........Our B*stards gone missing.  :angry:

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 04, 2010, 03:48:31 pm by Al4475 »
So BB and RTR, what did your Mrs' and their mates think of Girl's Night Out in Ibiza - any feedback?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 04, 2010, 05:58:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Hi Al, Sue and her mates thought it was hilarious! She said she could have done with a magnifying glass for the nude scenes, but then again she has been a bit spoilt in that area!

She wondered if you were doing another sequel, as they would all like to go and see it.

Her verdict is 'well done to all, great show'.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012