Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:29:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sublime pass  (Read 1773 times)

3gP

• Forum Member
Sublime pass
« on October 16, 2010, 05:51:03 pm by 3gP »
Unless i've missed something, yet to see mention of John Oster's pass for the equaliser!
Not sure if the \"Beeb\" will have the time to show us tonight, if we get our usual coverage!
Sorry if someone has posted about it + credit to \"Billy\" because it still needed putting away!
Row F meant \"ducking and diving\" due to the crossbar, especially when the play was at the far end!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

3gP

• Forum Member
Sublime pass?
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2010, 05:51:44 pm by 3gP »
Unless i've missed something, yet to see mention of John Oster's pass for the equaliser!
Not sure if the \"Beeb\" will have the time to show us tonight, if we get our usual coverage!
Sorry if someone has posted about it + credit to \"Billy\" because it still needed putting away!
Row F meant \"ducking and diving\" due to the crossbar, especially when the play was at the far end!

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re:Sublime pass
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2010, 05:56:15 pm by DonnyNoel »
Agreed, a fantastic pass and an example of why we need to get Oster further up the field whenever possible. There was no angle whatsoever to play that pass but the curve on it took it perfectly into Billy's path. Even better than the assist/finish between those two for the goal at Coventry.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 16, 2010, 05:56:17 pm by mushRTID »
It was so good it was worth repeating.  :)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 16, 2010, 05:56:39 pm by Drover »
Seth Bennett picked up on the fact that Copps urged Oster to come for the pass which then led to his pass to King Billy.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 16, 2010, 07:55:21 pm by RobTheRover »
To me it looked as thought Rob \"The Liability\" Jones should have dealt with it but misjudged it and allowed it over his ugly, boney head.  The BBC will show us better tonight.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 16, 2010, 08:04:49 pm by Lesonthewest »
It was a fantastic pass. When you have a player like Oster in your team just give him the ball, something we almost totally omitted to do first half due to the obsession of launching it into the channels and conceding possession, when we did get it to feet Oster opened them up. Saying that I thought we were terrific second half with Coppinger, Dumbaya & Sharp running them ragged. Great win, good performance, but I still think we need to find a more settled defensive partnership, because had we played a side with better strikers than Scunnys we could have been looking at a defeat today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012