Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:35:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Alliance £10,000 Draw  (Read 3175 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Rovers Alliance £10,000 Draw
« on October 22, 2010, 08:19:23 pm by deebee »
I have had a letter today to invite me to a stadium tour next Friday at 11am, where my name will go into a hat with everyone else that is on the tour.Ten names will be drawn and those ten will then go on the pitch at the Millwall game and one pulled out of the hat for the ten grand. I have been a member of the Alliance since day one but go on holiday at 8am that Friday which means I cannot take the tour so will not be in the hat for the draw. This must apply to other alliance members who for no fault of thier own cannot attend eg:- work commitments or expats etc;-. Also I was told by the guy that keeps ringing me up to join ( although I am already in ) that your name goes in the hat for each month you have been a member , 12 times for twelve months 11 times for 11 months etc this makes it fair so any one joinoing just before the draw would only have 1 chance. This all now seems to have gone out the window. Has anyone got any advise ? is anyone else in the same boat? If this is how its going to be then my subscription stops now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re:Rovers Alliance £10,000 Draw
« Reply #1 on October 22, 2010, 08:52:26 pm by Donnywolf »
Sorry Deebee you've been FRAMED !

RobboRover

« Reply #2 on October 22, 2010, 10:21:03 pm by RobboRover »
I too had a letter today inviting me to  a tour a week on Tuesday which I can't attend due to work committments. They say ten people will be drawn that day as well, but it seems unfair that the only way to take part in the draw is by attending the tour. When I took out my memebership the 'BIG DRAW' was an attraction as well as helping the club but it seems unfair that we have to miss out because of work. Not that many people are free at 1.30 on Tuesday lunchtime. I too am reconsidering my membership.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 23, 2010, 07:32:37 am by Donnywolf »
DONNYWOLF wrote:
Sorry Deebee you've been FRAMED !

Seriously though I WONT be cancelling my Membership whether or not I can get to the Stadium Tour

I have won nothing (yet) - I did not get any tickets last Season when everyone else seemed to get theirs ok. This Season I DID get them but being a STH akready I dont \"gain\" financially from getting them and of course have to give them away. I dont benefit from the saving in the Club Shop as I get a discount via being an STH holder and I am unlikely to benefit from savings on Hospitality

... BUT I will benefit when I renew my STH - I will have a chance to win \"something\" every week in the future and I feel \"good\" to be able to support the Alliance in its aims and for 2.25 a week that seems a bargain to me. Count me IN

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2010, 09:35:22 am by deebee »
I to joined with the principal of helping the youth team. I also run a Rovers lottery agency buing 5 tickets each week personaly on top of my Alliance membership. My protest is the unfairness of the draw that I have paid in for a year and will not be included in the draw just because I cannot attend the tour. I will probably stay in aswell but I still want to have my moan.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2010, 10:10:46 am by Dagenham Rover »
I've got the same tour as you Derek I will be going as circumstances dictate as you well know  :(  However if I did make it to the pitchside at the Millwall game I would have to get someone to push my hospital trolley down there  :laugh:

Its totally wrong its not what people were told when joining and basically unfair on people that have paid in and can't get to there allocated weekday tour.

I know unemployment is rife at the moment but I would have thought it doesn't take a genius to work out that the people paying into the Alliance scheme are probably the ones in employment and could well be working during the week.

I like the 10% off the season ticket bit though  :)

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2010, 10:52:02 am by deebee »
Great to know you can make it . Will you take a photo of me with you on the tour? and like wise if your name is drawn out I will take a picture of you to the Millwall game.We are also supposed to get our name in the hat for each month we have been members I don't know who's bright idea this was but it realy is going to create a lot of bad feeling.

NathanDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2010, 05:49:37 pm by NathanDRFC »
Has anyone been on one of these \"tours\" yet? I haven't had my letter inviting me yet, I presume they are doing more next week but it'd be good to find out if it is compulsory to attend in order to be in the draw.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 27, 2010, 06:07:35 pm by Wellred »
I have had mine Nathan and I am on a different date.

DRFC85

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 27, 2010, 07:37:52 pm by DRFC85 »
Could someone post the phone number you have to call to arrange it? Seem to have misplaced my letter. I'm also working so going to give them a call.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 27, 2010, 07:43:29 pm by RobTheRover »
My nephew has had his letter, and its on a date he is working.  As its a new job he's just got he's loathe to have to miss a day so early, so he called the Rovers up to ask about it.

Apparently you dont have to be there in person to be drawn out, and he was assured his tickets will be in the draw in his absence.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 27, 2010, 08:57:00 pm by deebee »
I have now been assured that every Alliance member will be in the draw. So what all this narrowing down the numbers and tour business is a load of cobblers to me.
Also while on the subject has anyone anywhere heard of anybody in the last twelve months winning the money can't buy prizes promised on the leaflet and at the launch night ie:- Rovers photographer for a day, corporate package, training ground trips and being part of the match media team etc:- ect:- cos I haven't and I keep a very close eye on it. Also I would like to know how much of our money has gone to helping the youth team , which is why the Alliance was set up in first place.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 27, 2010, 11:30:42 pm by Prez »
Thats good to know, i like many others cant attend the tour due to work. Would have been more helpful if we have had a bit more notice to attend.

Keith Myath

« Reply #13 on October 27, 2010, 11:47:41 pm by Keith Myath »
I've had no letter, oh well  :(

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 28, 2010, 09:44:38 am by silent majority »
Didn't get my letter either.

Although what I did get is a telephone call from some girl wanting to sell me the benefits of joining the Alliance. To be honest the sales pitch was very poor and full of many mistakes, I can't see anybody joining on the strength of that.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 28, 2010, 10:31:36 am by Dagenham Rover »
deebee wrote:
I have now been assured that every Alliance member will be in the draw. So what all this narrowing down the numbers and tour business is a load of cobblers to me.
Also while on the subject has anyone anywhere heard of anybody in the last twelve months winning the money can't buy prizes promised on the leaflet and at the launch night ie:- Rovers photographer for a day, corporate package, training ground trips and being part of the match media team etc:- ect:- cos I haven't and I keep a very close eye on it. Also I would like to know how much of our money has gone to helping the youth team , which is why the Alliance was set up in first place.

You mean to say that I don't have to cart that big cardboard cutout of you round the stadium on Friday  :laugh:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 28, 2010, 12:14:58 pm by Donnywolf »
silent_majority wrote:
Although what I did get is a telephone call from some girl wanting to sell me the benefits of joining the Alliance. To be honest the sales pitch was very poor and full of many mistakes, I can't see anybody joining on the strength of that.

Yes I did too and this has cropped up before

They are being used to cold call Season Ticket Holders to see if they may be interested in joining the Alliance.

Surely that just needs some cross referncing by someone. I could sort something similar in a flash at work using \"flags\" in a database

My girl (probably the same) was unaware I was already a Member of Alliance but then moved the goalposts to offer me a free Months subscription if I recommended someone to join the Alliance

Whist on the subject and because I may be dumb (and to see if anyone ever does read my posts) where do I find how to join The Rovers Lottery ? There seems to be Results and other mentions on DROS but I could not actually find the rules / regs / prices and joining details.

Link in top left on here broken

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 28, 2010, 08:22:46 pm by deebee »
If you in the Alliance you are also in the Lottery. If you want extra ring the main switch board and ask for Suzzanne Uttley who will tell you how to join.

dfo2010

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 28, 2010, 08:32:10 pm by dfo2010 »
where are you from Donnywolf as im a lottery agent ?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 28, 2010, 11:12:05 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes, use Dan above, or alternatively click the big starburst at the top of every page on this site!!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012