Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:01:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets help push the ticket offers....  (Read 3053 times)

Gartom

• Forum Member
Lets help push the ticket offers....
« on October 26, 2010, 01:15:42 pm by Gartom »
Hi again,
I've been talking to Steve Uttley about making sure we advertise the ticket offers in the Free Press, and took the chance to ask what happened to the posters we used to see on the site to help advertise games.....

Well, the games will be advertised this week-hooray! and from now on the FP will feature stuff like this. Result !
Now, a few folk said they would help promote games by putting up posters. I think it would be a great idea if we have a group who could do this and get regular updates from DRFC. To kick off, we would go for A4 posters  - to ensure most folk can accomomdate, but lets see.
So, if we set something up, who is willing to get the e-comms stuff from Steve so we can get posting ?
All who enlist will go into a free draw for some tickets / signed photos etc to show our appreciation ( mine & Steve's) as we want to show folk we can help / push up match day attendances.
Ticket offers are a great start, so lets see how how we go.
OK, who is going to help us please ?
Can you email me as well as respond here so we get a feel for just how helpful the VSC folk can be !
Cheers, Gareth.....
gareth1955@hotmail.co.uk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re:Lets help push the ticket offers....
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2010, 01:24:15 pm by River Don »
Drop a bunch of leaflets off at the local takeaways and pizza places. Ask them if they wouldn't mind popping one  in the bag with every order.

Our company always got a very good response when we sponsored pizza takeaway boxes. It catches people at a moment at home when they've got time to look at stuff.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2010, 01:24:20 pm by Nudga »
I can dish out flyers again Gareth if we are going down that route.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2010, 01:27:39 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Sent you a PM with my EMail address.

Ill be happy to help out.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2010, 01:48:22 pm by not on facebook »
not that it will help much but got a aston villa season ticket holder who has moved to doncaster area two months back,to go to the millwall game for his first time at a rovers game.

i doubt he will never become a season ticket holder at KMS as fans dont jump clubs
like you can do with girlfriends,but i guess the villa lad might pop down again for midweek games or when villa are not at villa park.

says he is really looking forward to have a drink in that real ale toad brewery next to KMS,well thats a start for sure.

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2010, 03:02:44 pm by Gartom »
We are not thinking of printing leaflets at the moment - more a 'band of brothers' to print off A4 posters, display them in their shops /pubs /offices /clubs etc to really push the deals / fixtures.
We could get some printed if need be - and probably will do  -but first I wanted to gauge response to a poster display request.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2010, 03:56:09 pm by RobTheRover »
What would be great would be if a local printer (who happens to be a Rovers fan) offered to print up a thousand or so copies, so that folks could hand them out at workplaces, bars, postoffices, etc.

Just a thought....anyone with printing contacts care to take that one up?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2010, 06:38:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Drop a bunch of leaflets off at the local takeaways and pizza places. Ask them if they wouldn't mind popping one in the bag with every order.

That's a good call !!

I'm happy to distribute, but I haven't go the wherewithall to print.

dfo2010

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2010, 06:40:10 pm by dfo2010 »
Do you still need a norwich programe to get the millwall offer ???

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2010, 07:18:48 pm by Boomstick »
So what else are the club doing to market the offers other than the bare minimum? Facebook, free press and asking fans to make posters. Come on! Rovers arent non-league.
If thats the total advertisement for those games, and when the attendances are shite for those games (they will be), then the club can in no way shape or form moan.
I wonder what percentage of the Doncaster 300k plus population will be reached by those means. 10%? 15%.
Its very likely 90% of Doncaster dont know of the offers, and of those 10% that do know, 8% are probably season ticket holders. So thats 2% reached, and when they ring the ticket office up, it will be engaged or no one will answer.
I think the clubs 'marketing' will add around 30 extra fans to the gate at this rate.

Sorry, just saying like......

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2010, 07:57:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I know it's frustrating as I'm sure most of us have been racking our brains to come up with cost effective methods or reaching 90% of the borough.

I just keep thinking about the thousands who go through the doors of Frenchgate, Asda, Tesco's, Morrsions, Sainsbury's every week and the millions spent on shopping.

What about Dolly birds going round all the above and flogging tickets ? They could probably get around all of the major outlets at least once a week.

May also help if the players joined in. They don't do much in an afternoon so I'm sure they could fit some time in.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2010, 09:12:40 pm by Old Popsider »
How about a poster size calendar with a big picture of the KMS in the middle with the current seasons fixtures down either side of the picture with the results so far printed on it and maybe a end of season table from last season going across the bottom.

This could then be distributed around all the already suggested venues. Ask the Council and see if they would allow them to be put up in the foyer of libraries and council offices around the town.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 26, 2010, 09:22:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Or a big f*ck off Billboard on White Rose Way, with a naked Billy (from one of the calendar shots they've done) with a suitable caption ?

Caption competition... I'll kick off...

\"Come on see me at the Keepmoat and I'll blow your socks off !!\"

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 26, 2010, 09:25:29 pm by Superspy »
lol, without sounding completely homo, its a shame they couldnt do that with all of the shots from the calendar in different places around the town, like copps bruce forsythe pose (if you've seen the vid of the photoshoot you'll know what i mean). it would certainly get the town talking about the club, haha.

rovinrover52

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 26, 2010, 10:17:17 pm by rovinrover52 »
As I have said before aproach the supermarkets to put posters around. Asda attract 10000 people a day throgh the Doncaster store, Tesco and Sainsbury must be around the same. I don't know how many people go through Asda Carcroft. But it must be worth a try at least.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 26, 2010, 10:33:33 pm by not on facebook »
i keep on saying this about a free magazine A4 size that reaches a lot of pubs and
workingmens clubs in the donny area.

its called the entertainer and is all about entertainment in the doncaster region.
this goes out once a month,it might be once a week.

since rovers are in the entertainment trade why dont they have a couple of pages
in said rag with up comming fixtures and ticket offers etc etc etc.

have a face in the crowd compition and winners gets a signed shirt or whatever,that way fans will make a point of picking the rag up.

just a thought

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 26, 2010, 11:01:07 pm by andysly »
We've said it time and time again over the past three seasons that the playing ability has left the administrative side playing catch up. We have 2nd tier football with a 5th rate commercial aspect, why dont the twonks buck up, so many good ideas and energy on here and 606, yet it seems that the club stumbles around blindly.
Ticket prices should be a maximum £20, just giving one note is massive psychologically by the way. Last weekend would have had 12,000 at least i reckon at that money.
More promotional work to push offers like these 2 upcoming games.
Free ticket offers through local shops/pubs etc, eg spend £100 at Asda = ticket.
Ticket booth in town Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Especially Saturday when groups of lads are out on the lash, see ticket booth, lets go the match on impulse and buy tickets, they would never get on bus to go and buy, but would buy then get bus.
The ground should have at least 12,000 every week with right attitude to it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 27, 2010, 10:12:23 am by River Don »
oslorovers wrote:
i keep on saying this about a free magazine A4 size that reaches a lot of pubs and
workingmens clubs in the donny area.

its called the entertainer and is all about entertainment in the doncaster region.
this goes out once a month,it might be once a week.

since rovers are in the entertainment trade why dont they have a couple of pages
in said rag with up comming fixtures and ticket offers etc etc etc.

have a face in the crowd compition and winners gets a signed shirt or whatever,that way fans will make a point of picking the rag up.

just a thought

That's a very good point Oslo.

I bet a full page Ad in The Entertainer wouldn't be too expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't published by the FreePress as well. It must have a decent reach, as it goes out to most pubs in the area. Christ knows how many people actually look at it but it's worth a try.

Here's another thought. I wonder how much it costs to get an Advert in the busses? Not the large exterior posters, but the A4 & A3 sized Ads on the interior?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012