Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:54:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Millwall / Swansea offers  (Read 3032 times)

dfo2010

• Forum Member
Millwall / Swansea offers
« on October 26, 2010, 05:40:20 pm by dfo2010 »
Great offer and good value but ...................

No mention of the fact that you need a norwich programe ( im sure you do for the Millwall offer ).

Says you can buy tickets on line ......... Might just be me , but i just tried and no option for the offer or an option for a child ticket . Just says number of tickets , so i put 4 . Came up as £64 ( £1 per ticket for paying on my card ) and £44 for swansea . so even though its 1 transaction you get charged 8 times £1 per ticket . And before i get hammered . it does still give great value for money . But again just little things that are letting us down . So it looks like a trip on the bus to the keepmoat for my tickets .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Savvy

• Forum Member
Re:Millwall / Swansea offers
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2010, 05:51:45 pm by Savvy »
dfo2010 wrote:
Great offer and good value but ...................

No mention of the fact that you need a norwich programe ( im sure you do for the Millwall offer ).

Says you can buy tickets on line ......... Might just be me , but i just tried and no option for the offer or an option for a child ticket . Just says number of tickets , so i put 4 . Came up as £64 ( £1 per ticket for paying on my card ) and £44 for swansea . so even though its 1 transaction you get charged 8 times £1 per ticket . And before i get hammered . it does still give great value for money . But again just little things that are letting us down . So it looks like a trip on the bus to the keepmoat for my tickets .

Therin lies part of the problem!

dfo2010

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2010, 06:41:22 pm by dfo2010 »
what ?? the fact that i have to go on the bus ???

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2010, 06:45:18 pm by The L J Monk »
Why don't you just phone up?

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2010, 06:51:22 pm by Savvy »
dfo2010 wrote:
what ?? the fact that i have to go on the bus ???

No the fact that for as long as I can remember, this club was pay on the day for all bar a few exceptions, when games were made all ticket. The point being that there are fans who are not prepared to do the extra leg work just to get to the game on a Saturday or mid-week whenever!

As it stands with the attendances that we are getting, there is no reason why you couldn't make it pay on the day for the majority of matches. The main stumbling block appears to be the SMC's refusal to allow pay on the day turnstyles. Before someone mentions it, a tin of white spray paint and a stencil with \"reserved\" would cover the season ticket holder situation.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2010, 07:37:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As it stands with the attendances that we are getting, there is no reason why you couldn't make it pay on the day for the majority of matches. The main stumbling block appears to be the SMC's refusal to allow pay on the day turnstyles. Before someone mentions it, a tin of white spray paint and a stencil with \"reserved\" would cover the season ticket holder situation.

They don't have to go that far to experiment whether there is a desire/need to have an unreserved seating area.

Made me laugh when Dave Morris said the size of the queues at the ticket office didn't warrant a pay on the gate turnstile.

May be that's because those who would benefit are not prepared to queue. Has he ever bothered to ask those in the queue whether they would prefer to go straight in ?

I have already put this scenario to the club.

North East corner can be segregated to accomodate 'pay at the gate' fans. There would be limited numbers in that corner,  750 ish as a guess.

Anyone who wants to pay on the gate and sit where they like in that area, go directly to those turnstiles. When it's sold out that's it.(You would have to go back to ticket office)

If on the other hand, people prefer to queue to chose a seat, then no change to now.

Another advantage that a wider unreserved pay on the gate system would give you, is being able to buy tickets at other outlets at your convenience. However the club will say that being able to chose your seat online already provides this convenience !

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2010, 07:46:37 pm by mushRTID »
Everyone seems to say 'is it that hard to queue at the office before the game?'

Its not, no. But thats not the point. If there are people out there who dont come now but would if they could go straight to the turnstyle and pay on entry then it has to be worth doing.

I think we need this asap, even if it adds 50 people on to the gate its worth it!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2010, 07:48:27 pm by mushRTID »
Oh and looking to next season, I have already seen that talks are in place for the installment scheme but I dont think a free ticket to a cup game or pre season friendly would do any harm to season ticket sales!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2010, 08:06:03 pm by bobjimwilly »
mushRTID wrote:
I think we need this asap, even if it adds 50 people on to the gate its worth it!

Erm, if it only added 50 people onto the gate, it wouldn't be worth it.

Not trying to be cocky here, because I genuinely don't know, but how many other Championship clubs accept cash at the turnstiles?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2010, 09:22:05 pm by Superspy »
bobjimwilly wrote:
mushRTID wrote:

Erm, if it only added 50 people onto the gate, it wouldn't be worth it.

why not? do you think the costs of implement such a system would be high?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2010, 10:39:41 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Simple thing that would really push sales. Ticket office in town.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2010, 10:46:28 pm by andysly »
Coventry was cash at turnstile, every other game I've been with a ticket.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 27, 2010, 05:02:17 pm by RobTheRover »
There is unfortunately zero chance of getting cash at turnstiles reinstated.

The positive is that the popular view that there are huge queues at the ticket office on matchdays is a complete MYTH!

I remember queueing at the popside turnstiles to pay my money for over 20 minutes on occasions.  The queue at the KMS ticket office is 5 minutes or less on a busy day.

If anyone ever tells you that its queueing for tickets that puts them off going, please put them straight.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 27, 2010, 05:36:40 pm by Wellred »
yawn, this is now getting extremely boring.
For all those who want to go back in time.
Yes it was fantastic having to queue at Belle Vue getting your feet soaking wet and ruining your shoes when stood in huge great puddles.
Oh for the good old days.......................my arse.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 27, 2010, 07:00:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The positive is that the popular view that there are huge queues at the ticket office on matchdays is a complete MYTH!

Rob, I understand Dave Morris statement saying the same.

But if folk are not willing to queue, that's why there's only small queues. Plus, has anyone asked those who do queue on matchdays whether they would prefer to go straight to a turnstile ?

The basis of our debate on the subject is we keep rejecting the idea. Therefore to kill the debate once and for all why not experiment as a one off. (Yes there may be some logistical issues that need overcoming)

If it doesn't work, the club releases the results and we put the thing to bed.

If, on the other hand, it surprisingly delivers better than expected results, can the club afford to ignore it ??

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 27, 2010, 08:31:07 pm by MrFrost »
Padge_DRFC wrote:
Simple thing that would really push sales. Ticket office in town.

The club had a shop in town that sold tickets. It closed down because no one went in.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 27, 2010, 08:35:24 pm by NigelJ »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

Rob, I understand Dave Morris statement saying the same.

But if folk are not willing to queue, that's why there's only small queues. Plus, has anyone asked those who do queue on matchdays whether they would prefer to go straight to a turnstile ?
The basis of our debate on the subject is we keep rejecting the idea. Therefore to kill the debate once and for all why not experiment as a one off. (Yes there may be some logistical issues that need overcoming)

If it doesn't work, the club releases the results and we put the thing to bed.

If, on the other hand, it surprisingly delivers better than expected results, can the club afford to ignore it ??

And queue at the turnstile instead, as the operator has run out of change? The logistics, and associated costs (eg additional insurance costs, extra stewarding costs, printing of tickets, which may be unused, but still have to be reconciled, facilities for keeping cash in turnstile booths, float to be accounted for in each booth, etc, etc) make it a non-starter.

PLEASE, GIVE IT A REST!  :angry:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 27, 2010, 10:56:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just seen JRs video appeal. That's the sort of thing I've been hoping he'd say.

That's the sort of thing that we could do with playing on the TVs in the Frenchgate centre (with a few clips of the goals ofcourse !)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 27, 2010, 11:32:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just been looking back over the attendances in the last couple of seasons. Picking out relatively similar home games during October/November

09/10
v Bristol  9572
v QPR     10821

08/09
v Swansea  9534
v Ipswich 10823

With these offers how many we be happy with ? Should we be looking at to deem it a success ?

Would 10000 Rovers fans (4000 non ST holders) be reasonable ?

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 28, 2010, 12:39:53 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Just been looking back over the attendances in the last couple of seasons. Picking out relatively similar home games during October/November

09/10
v Bristol  9572
v QPR     10821

08/09
v Swansea  9534
v Ipswich 10823

With these offers how many we be happy with ? Should we be looking at to deem it a success ?

Would 10000 Rovers fans (4000 non ST holders) be reasonable ?

For the Bristol City game 09/10 tickets were only £15.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012