Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:50:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hallehluya- Our \"marketing\" dept have woken  (Read 3075 times)

Yargo

• Forum Member
Hallehluya- Our \"marketing\" dept have woken
« on November 04, 2010, 10:05:00 am by Yargo »
Well fancy that,was at the ticket office yesterday and finally a poster has been put up publicizing the reduced ticket offers,yes someone managed to get off their arses and put up a poster, well done.Has anyone else spotted a poster anywhere else or is said poster the only one of its kind appearering in public?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Re:Hallehluya- Our \"marketing\" dept have woken
« Reply #1 on November 04, 2010, 11:04:38 am by DonnyRTID »
There was one in the Free Press last week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 04, 2010, 05:56:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
But not this week on the eve of the game !!??

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 04, 2010, 06:48:11 pm by deebee »
You must have a page missing. In todays free press there is a/ A full page advert
B/ Apage on the pride of Rovers a neww weekly article promoting the club and team
And C/ A feature by the Lord John Ryan Telling of the offers and trying to get the people to the matches . What more can be done. Add to that regular adverts on Trax Fm

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
Re:Hallehluya- Our
« Reply #4 on November 04, 2010, 06:54:58 pm by Boyhood dreams »
deebee wrote:
You must have a page missing. In todays free press there is a/ A full page advert
B/ Apage on the pride of Rovers a neww weekly article promoting the club and team
And C/ A feature by the Lord John Ryan Telling of the offers and trying to get the people to the matches . What more can be done. Add to that regular adverts on Trax Fm

Automated txt messages, and emails. A bloke or a few blokes in town promoting the club. Posters in shops there's a lot of local businesses in Donny willing to promote Rovers, but Rovers don't distribute posters to them.

There's loads of marketing ideas. I haven't got all night to suggest them all  :angry:

One simple way, send a letter to all the fans on the database?

Rocket science?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 04, 2010, 06:54:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Someone must have nicked the page out of my Free Press !

Sorry I've missed that one and, on the other thread I applauded JRs forum.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 04, 2010, 06:58:51 pm by Boyhood dreams »
I never usually buy the free press, but I will do for the fans forum. I'm glad JR can see a direct link to the fans is the best way.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 04, 2010, 11:06:44 pm by mushRTID »
I recieved that redline email the other day for the first time in what seems like years!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 04, 2010, 11:14:45 pm by BobG »
Lucky you! I haven't had one for over a year now.

BobG

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 05, 2010, 10:46:42 am by bobjimwilly »
mushRTID wrote:
I recieved that redline email the other day for the first time in what seems like years!

I got that email too - maybe its the start of a beautiful relationship between marketing and the CRM?  :woohoo:

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 05, 2010, 10:50:13 am by Gartom »
I asked that we have a 'demo' to show CRM was capable of doing something useful - and to use the special offer on tickets as a test case....I got the email - Yee-Hah!....but sad to see it was not a 100% success. Might be worth a poll on here to see just how many missed out....still if nothing else it shows more work to be done on the CRM system....Hmmm.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 05, 2010, 10:56:37 am by Filo »
Maybe those who never got it should check their spam folder, thats where mine went

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 06, 2010, 09:39:46 am by Yargo »
Filo wrote:
Maybe those who never got it should check their spam folder, thats where mine went

Just one question,why are you and others that have contributed to this thread so obssesed with what happens over a computer?Where are the posters publicizing the reduced ticket offers?What do the people do that are payed to \"market\" the club

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 06, 2010, 10:35:29 am by Filo »
Yargo wrote:
Filo wrote:

Just one question,why are you and others that have contributed to this thread so obssesed with what happens over a computer?Where are the posters publicizing the reduced ticket offers?What do the people do that are payed to \"market\" the club

Obsessed! not me!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 06, 2010, 10:46:38 pm by BobG »
Definitely not received here Filo. Not in any folder. Pity. I miss the rubbish that redline that used to send out - occasionally.

They're not cheap bits of kit tose CRM systems. Even a basic one is an awful lot of quids. Then there's the annual support and maintenance which ought to be no more than 15% of the license fee pa but probably is more like 25%. And the things are magic. all it needs is someone interested enought o wnat to use it. Someone like a marketing professional perhaps? They'd know all about the use of that technology. Oh. Silly me. We don't have those do we?

BobG

Gartom

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 06, 2010, 10:49:36 pm by Gartom »
Bob,
Send me your email / address details so I can sort this with Marketing. Email me - gareth1955@hotmail.co.uk.
I got my first email in ages last week....wont go into the detail....but lets see how we do. Cheers, GT

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 06, 2010, 10:54:06 pm by BobG »
Email sent Gareth.

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012