Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 10:08:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: X-Factor Final result:  (Read 6648 times)

Savvy

• Forum Member
X-Factor Final result:
« on December 12, 2010, 07:51:18 pm by Savvy »
Matt to win hands down best chanter this year! Close call with Wand Erection, but best man wins in the end!!!  

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GM-MarkB

Re:X-Factor Final result:
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2010, 09:24:05 pm by GM-MarkB »
The result is, thank fcuk, that it's over for another year !

Was in Asda in Thursday and over the tannoy they were droning \"Get your X-Factor T-Shirts to wear while you watch the Final this weekend\"

For fcuks sake.... :blink:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2010, 09:27:58 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I think it was Karl Marx who said that \"Religion is the opiate of the masses\".

If he was alive today he'd probably alter that viewpoint.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2010, 11:02:51 pm by jucyberry »
GM-MarkB wrote:

Was in Asda in Thursday and over the tannoy they were droning \"Get your X-Factor T-Shirts to wear while you watch the Final this weekend\"

Don't celebate too soon Mark, just when you think it is safe to go back to ITV that other talentless tripefest (and thats just Holden and Morgan) BGT will appear.. :(  :(  :(

I-was-there1976

Christmas number 1
« Reply #4 on December 13, 2010, 08:08:25 am by I-was-there1976 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQQ9S05hT88

Hope that X Factor doesnt make it

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2010, 09:49:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Sheepskin Stu wrote:
I think it was Karl Marx who said that \"Religion is the opiate of the masses\".

George Orwell would also change that line in 1984:

\"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a bunch of gormless chuffs sat watching talentless tosspots on a talent show...forever.\"

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2010, 10:07:48 am by jucyberry »
I honestly don't understand why the public is so obsessed with this sort of programme, even more incomprehensible is the ammount of people wasting cash 'voting' it's like brainwashing on an immense scale...

They seem to think they vote for the winner, that it's their vote that won it...The reality is over weeks the programme is worked and edited to push the most bankable personality to the fore..

The sooner te gullable masses realise they are being played the sooner these rubbish programmes might fade away.

It's lazy tv. no more no less, whole weekends taken over to the biggest pantomime since Dick Whittington...

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2010, 06:24:14 pm by Savvy »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Sheepskin Stu wrote:

George Orwell would also change that line in 1984:

\"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a bunch of gormless chuffs sat watching talentless tosspots on a talent show...forever.\"

Gormless? Well I suppose its each to his/her own isn't it? As for talentless, I think that each of the final 3 for the last two years are more than a match for whats held out as musical talent over here and in America!  

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 13, 2010, 07:24:53 pm by CusworthRovers »
Although the majority of the current chart talent is easy to compare too, as it's all ex Pop Idol, X Factor

GM-MarkB

« Reply #9 on December 13, 2010, 08:26:52 pm by GM-MarkB »
jucyberry wrote:
GM-MarkB wrote:

Don't celebate too soon Mark, just when you think it is safe to go back to ITV that other talentless tripefest (and thats just Holden and Morgan) BGT will appear.. :(  :(  :(

I'll wire my knackers to the mains before I watch that sh1te.

'Er Indoors 'moans' that i've always got the Sports channels on.....some people just don't understand  :P

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 13, 2010, 08:44:36 pm by Savvy »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Although the majority of the current chart talent is easy to compare too, as it's all ex Pop Idol, X Factor

Not sure that I'd agree with the majority, but perhaps the programme does serve a purpose by acting as conduit to showcasing british talent.

If people don't like it, I can't understand why they don't just turn the telly over.

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 13, 2010, 09:34:16 pm by Ian H »
Does anyone actually know anyone that admits to having voted for any of these performers - be it I'm a Celebrity, or Cum Dancing or X-Facta or BGT?

I found myself listening to the radio where some \"Media Expert\" was talking about the \"voting demographic\" ..... it's just bloody tragic that someone has studied it ... cue our own master statistician BST!   lol

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2010, 09:48:44 pm by jucyberry »
Not me for sure, I have more sense than money.....

And from the reports I have been reading those votes meant diddly squat anyway.. As always Cowell and co had their own agenda.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2010, 09:52:22 pm by BLIR »
jucyberry wrote:
I have more sense than money.....

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:P  ;)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 13, 2010, 11:13:07 pm by Mike_F »
I've got more money than sense and I'm skint. I still won't waste a penny voting for people who I've necer met to win competitions I don't care about which will have absolutely no influence on my life.

On the other hand I have just spent 79p downloading Surfin' Bird because somenody else I have never met set up a group on facebook and told me to, so my opening six words hold firm!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 14, 2010, 09:11:05 am by bobjimwilly »
Mike_F wrote:
I've got more money than sense and I'm skint. I still won't waste a penny voting for people who I've necer met to win competitions I don't care about which will have absolutely no influence on my life.

On the other hand I have just spent 79p downloading Surfin' Bird because somenody else I have never met set up a group on facebook and told me to, so my opening six words hold firm!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 14, 2010, 10:16:44 am by MrFrost »
Now I don't usually care for X Factor as I generally think it is a bag of shit.
However, I think Matt Cardle is really good and a different kind of artist to the usual crap the show produced.
A decent cover of an excellent song for a change as well.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 14, 2010, 12:11:58 pm by CusworthRovers »
I've never intentionally watched X Factor or any of the others. However it's always on in the house with the rest of the clan. Added to that it's all over the media and current conversations at work or in social circles.....therefore it's hard to say I have no knowledge.

That said, Cardle is a decent singer, but once the novelty factor wears off he will sink into obscurity and it will be quick. He reminds me of that guy who won a few years back and sank into forgotten-ness (hence I cannot remember his name).

To make it on/take it further, after this show you need to be very young, very giddy and a pin up (that's all that's required)......Cardle doesn't really fit into that mould. I bet One Direction get further than Cardle until they become forgotten until the next boy band arrives.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 14, 2010, 12:29:16 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Matt Cardle = Will Young.

..and therefore, after the initial hype, will vanish into obscurity.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 14, 2010, 12:48:19 pm by CusworthRovers »
Cardle 27 now.......Young 22 (when he won).

That's a massive gap, especially when you ask the young-uns. Although you have a point, Cardle needs to target the older generation and he might just make it like Youngy

There's still 2 others that have vanished who were older than teenybops

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 14, 2010, 01:19:44 pm by eastender »
CusworthRovers wrote:

That said, Cardle is a decent singer, but once the novelty factor wears off he will sink into obscurity and it will be quick. He reminds me of that guy who won a few years back and sank into forgotten-ness (hence I cannot remember his name).

Steve Brookstein,Shayne Ward,Leon Jackson take ya pick they've all gone missing and Matt Cardle will go the same way for sure.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 14, 2010, 01:34:32 pm by Dimples-D »
I watch the auditions for all the idiots, but as soon as boot camp starts I leave it alone.
I know the finalists from newspaper reports but I have not heard any of them sing.
The only one I can remember from auditions is Cher.

As for people voting.... WHY?  What motivates someone to actaully text and vote????

Talent?  The real talent are the people who write, sing and play their own music. Not parrots that just do as they are told. ie X Craptor contestants.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 14, 2010, 01:44:22 pm by MrFrost »
Cardle can play and write. He was in an indie band a short time before he went on X Factor. I've heard some of their stuff. It's not bad.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 14, 2010, 02:12:02 pm by Dimples-D »
MrFrost wrote:
Cardle can play and write. He was in an indie band a short time before he went on X Factor. I've heard some of their stuff. It's not bad.

This is them..

http://www.myspace.com/sevensummersband

I'll give you he can play and sing, but write? Nah the songs are shite.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 14, 2010, 02:28:18 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Search out a pleasant little Marilyn Manson ditty on YouTube called 'User Friendly', the two line chorus, and the last minute or so, sum up perfectly what Cowell probably thinks of X Factor acts and the dumb general public who vote and watch.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 14, 2010, 04:56:03 pm by Savvy »
Dimples-D wrote:
I watch the auditions for all the idiots, but as soon as boot camp starts I leave it alone.
I know the finalists from newspaper reports but I have not heard any of them sing.

As for people voting.... WHY?  What motivates someone to actaully text and vote????

Talent?  The real talent are the people who write, sing and play their own music. Not parrots that just do as they are told. ie X Craptor contestants.

Since when as being able to write been a pre-requiste to making it in the music industry and where is this real talent you speak of?

Is it the \"Im only going to break break break your heart (repeat ten times)\" or the \"I've got a feeling that tonights going to be be a good night\" (repeat ten times) style stuff that so called artistes are spurting out!!!

Most of the songs in the charts  must have taken all of 5 minutes to construct, and contain less than 50 or so lyrics!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 14, 2010, 05:12:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Dimples-D wrote:

I suppose that means that world renowned tenor Pavarotti was talentless also. The cheating sod didn't play any instruments while performing nessum dorma, and he didn't even write it! What a phony!

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 14, 2010, 05:13:57 pm by Dimples-D »
Savvy wrote:
Dimples-D wrote:

Since when as being able to write been a pre-requiste to making it in the music industry and where is this real talent you speak of?

Is it the \"Im only going to break break break your heart (repeat ten times)\" or the \"I've got a feeling that tonights going to be be a good night\" (repeat ten times) style stuff that so called artistes are spurting out!!!

Most of the songs in the charts  must have taken all of 5 minutes to construct, and contain less than 50 or so lyrics!

The real talent are the thousands of bands throughout the past 50 or 60 years that have written and performed their own music.
I do agree that a lot of the stuff in the charts is repetative crap, but unfortunately repetative crap sells.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 14, 2010, 05:17:07 pm by Dimples-D »
Bentley Bullet wrote:
Dimples-D wrote:

I suppose that means that world renowned tenor Pavarotti was talentless also. The cheating sod didn't play any instruments while performing nessum dorma, and he didn't even write it! What a phony!

Don't be a ding bat, you know what I mean. Of course there are exceptions to the rule.
You could add Elvis to that list along with many others.
Liam didn't write any of the early Oasis stuff but that doesn't mean he has no talent.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 14, 2010, 05:26:43 pm by Dimples-D »
at the end of the day music is all about personal taste. some people think that U2 are the best band of all time and others think they are sh*te.
As Paul Heaton of Beautiful South (biggest selling UK band of the 90's) once said, \"For every person that likes our music there are 9 or 10 that don't.\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012