Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 04:41:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wrong mr clough  (Read 2171 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
wrong mr clough
« on December 26, 2010, 08:43:52 pm by watto-drfc »
Derby manager Nigel Clough insisted the club did all they could to avoid the Boxing Day clash with Doncaster being called off.

The Rams were forced to postpone the clash with Rovers just two hours before kick-off after two power generators, which were drafted in after the main generator failed at Pride Park on Christmas Day, malfunctioned.

Clough was left frustrated that his side were unable to face a weakened Doncaster side, but insisted there was nothing more the club could have done to ensure the game went ahead.

He admitted: \"Sometimes these things are out of your control.

\"We are disappointed it's off but I imagine Doncaster will probably have been delighted with the news because they have several players ruled out by injury or illness.\"

Derby's next game will be away to arch-rivals Nottingham Forest on Wednesday and they will be without skipper Robbie Savage, who still has a one-match ban to serve.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:wrong mr clough
« Reply #1 on December 26, 2010, 08:46:59 pm by Filo »
watto-drfc wrote:
Derby manager Nigel Clough insisted the club did all they could to avoid the Boxing Day clash with Doncaster being called off.

The Rams were forced to postpone the clash with Rovers just two hours before kick-off after two power generators, which were drafted in after the main generator failed at Pride Park on Christmas Day, malfunctioned.

Clough was left frustrated that his side were unable to face a weakened Doncaster side, but insisted there was nothing more the club could have done to ensure the game went ahead.

He admitted: \"Sometimes these things are out of your control.

\"We are disappointed it's off but I imagine Doncaster will probably have been delighted with the news because they have several players ruled out by injury or illness.\"

Derby's next game will be away to arch-rivals Nottingham Forest on Wednesday and they will be without skipper Robbie Savage, who still has a one-match ban to serve.

Now i`m no sparky but why is a recently built stadium relying on generaters, why is n`t it connected to the mains supply, maybe there`s a sparky on here that can explain

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2010, 08:55:14 pm by RedJ »
So the arseholes don't have to pay the lecky companies, I'd assume, and to get out of games they're not really up to. Call me cynical, but it's not that unbelievable.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2010, 09:17:50 pm by Boyhood dreams »
Why would derby not want to play us today? We aren't full strength, and we havent been able to train proper for god knows how long.

Maybe some of you, should take off the blinkers and grow up FFS  :evil:

Why are football fans so biased? Haven't you the balls to see things balanced?

Sir Me - Derby Fan

« Reply #4 on December 26, 2010, 09:30:56 pm by Sir Me - Derby Fan »
We now have Robbie Savage suspended for the Forest game. Today wasn't done deliberately for sure as Savage was trying to get booked from the first minute in the Reading game so he could be suspended against you and play against Forest. We will miss him massively on Wednesday.

Additionally we will now have to swap the team around and play Green in Savage's defensive midfielders role which makes Green unnoticeable really which is a great shame as he is very effective playing in the three attacking midfielder roles.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 26, 2010, 09:31:10 pm by vaya »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
Why would derby not want to play us today? We aren't full strength, and we havent been able to train proper for god knows how long.

Maybe some of you, should take off the blinkers and grow up FFS  :evil:

Why are football fans so biased? Haven't you the balls to see things balanced?

You're right. I personally do my best to see both sides - I often turn up at the KMS and go and sit with the away fans and cheer for the opposition, just to make sure I don't get narrow minded supporting Rovers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 26, 2010, 09:39:50 pm by Filo »
Sir Me - Derby Fan wrote:
We now have Robbie Savage suspended for the Forest game. Today wasn't done deliberately for sure as Savage was trying to get booked from the first minute in the Reading game so he could be suspended against you and play against Forest. We will miss him massively on Wednesday.

Additionally we will now have to swap the team around and play Green in Savage's defensive midfielders role which makes Green unnoticeable really which is a great shame as he is very effective playing in the three attacking midfielder roles.

Then why was n`t the problem sorted 28 hours earlier when it occurred?

As for Greeny, you don`t need to tell us how good he is, we made him the player he is today!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 26, 2010, 09:43:58 pm by vaya »
Derby - the new Chester.

Finally decided the only way get ahead is to slowly buy the entire team from underneath us.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 27, 2010, 08:25:26 am by Rovers Return »
Sir Me - Derby Fan wrote:

Ha Ha! You are trying to tell us about Greeny. :laugh:

As for the generators, I would imagine that from a safety issue that an alternative power supply would be needed for safety reasons should the grid go down and that is why the game could not go ahead.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012