Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 04:29:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cross Selling Opportunities missed  (Read 2391 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Cross Selling Opportunities missed
« on December 27, 2010, 04:28:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Must say not very impressed with the ticket office!
I observed a real lack of engaging with the customer and no real effort to build a rapport with the customer!
More disturbing was the lack of effort when looking at cross sell opportunities.
A customer who was purchasing tickets for a group of four for the Ipswich game and of course was told that it was off.
The sales staff clearly was going to keep it to that but I happen to mention the Scunthorpe which will likely be on due to increase in temperatures and although a sale was not secured she said she would check with her son and come back.
A further customer purchased two tickets for Scunthorpe game at a costly £56, thus an ideal opportunity to mention the magic 8 or half ST opportunities but NOTHING!
I believe the staff lack basic sales training and no doubt the club are losing thousands as a consequence!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Re:Cross Selling Opportunities missed
« Reply #1 on December 27, 2010, 04:37:24 pm by SkellowRover »
Oh my mistake, i got excited 'cos i thought it read \"Cross dressing opportunities missed\"  :laugh:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 27, 2010, 04:52:25 pm by drfcsteve »
There needs to be a complete change of culture at the ticket office, everytime I go in I get the feeling that the people working there see it as more of a sort of admin job, people go in, hand them money, they print off a ticket etc. They need to be actively selling tickets and the products the club have put on offer like the magic 8 and half season tickets, why not look at if putting them on commission would help, these things aren't gonna sell themselves and if the ticket office isn't gonna push them than who is! Am I right in thinking the ticket office is the SMC staff and not DRFC? If so obviously this presents another stumbling block/lack of incentive for the staff as they probably won't have the passion to help the club do well that we all have, another reason they need some sort of incentive/ targets/commission, rewards for upselling etc.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 27, 2010, 04:56:19 pm by RedJ »
Yeah, the ticket office staff are mainly shite. The one who we bought a season ticket from in the summer was excellent, and suggested we head down for the PSFs etc, and even tried to get us down to the Stanley game. Shame we couldn't afford (or not, depending on how you look at it).

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 27, 2010, 05:03:48 pm by RedJ »
SkellowRover wrote:
Oh my mistake, i got excited 'cos i thought it read \"Cross dressing opportunities missed\"  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

snods big brother

« Reply #5 on December 27, 2010, 05:09:41 pm by snods big brother »
Do you really think there will be a change in attitude whilst the ticket office works for the SMC and not for the football club?

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 27, 2010, 07:55:12 pm by DMnumber4 »
I had a similar experience today at the club shop. Having being bought gifts for Christmas that weren't quite right, i took them back naturally.

One was a hoody which i didnt have a reciept for (but nowhere else does Rovers merchandise obviously) and was told that i couldn't have a credit note or voucher and was told by a hard faced shop assistant that i had to decide there and then on an exchange.

Unfortunately the sizes were small or XXL, what about the average bloke, or is that all i am?

I asked when the next delivery of stock would be and surprise surprise: \"dunno erm, no word on that.\"

So i took my money and who knows if i'll be going back to put money in the club. As much as I'd like to, it begs the question of the clubs priorities, whether it's loyal fans like myself or Jonny come lately's who go to one game every five years.

Moan over.

JS-Drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 27, 2010, 08:10:03 pm by JS-Drfc »
hahaha! :lol: top post!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 27, 2010, 08:24:39 pm by RedJ »
DMnumber4 wrote:
I had a similar experience today at the club shop. Having being bought gifts for Christmas that weren't quite right, i took them back naturally.

One was a hoody which i didnt have a reciept for (but nowhere else does Rovers merchandise obviously) and was told that i couldn't have a credit note or voucher and was told by a hard faced shop assistant that i had to decide there and then on an exchange.

Unfortunately the sizes were small or XXL, what about the average bloke, or is that all i am?

I asked when the next delivery of stock would be and surprise surprise: \"dunno erm, no word on that.\"

So i took my money and who knows if i'll be going back to put money in the club. As much as I'd like to, it begs the question of the clubs priorities, whether it's loyal fans like myself or Jonny come lately's who go to one game every five years.

Moan over.

Am I wrong in thinking it's SMC who employ the club shop staff? All our staff including ticket office staff are rubbish.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 28, 2010, 09:11:39 am by Donnywolf »
Am I wrong in thinking it's SMC who employ the club shop staff? All our staff including ticket office staff are rubbish.[/quote]

I cant answer your question .... but I can question your statement because I for one do not think they are ALL rubbish

I have had no cause to complain about either the Shop staff or the Ticket Office Staff and I am sure the majority of people who buy from the shop or the Ticket Office will have done either

In any organisiation there will be glitches for sure and some problems for some people but was have to keep this in proportion. There is also support for Ticket Office amongst these thread above so it cant just be me !

Not promoting other items at the same time or suggesting alternatives is perhaps unfortunate and down to that persons motivation at that time - who knows they may have been distracted by a personal problem ? Certainly that has surely happened to most of us too

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 28, 2010, 09:31:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
DMnumber4 wrote:

I don't see how that matters.  The club should be doing all it can to ensure the long serving 'loyal' fans are kept happy and treat them as an equal customer, no special treatment.  If anything those who go less often should get more attention to capture their support on a more common basis.  Mind sound harsh but STH etc should get less attention as they've been captured already, just give them a good level of service nothing more.

The club still has a lot to learn and this thread brings up good points and things that would not be hard to implement.  In the ticket office for example, loads of stuff up on the walls.  What is needed is one big poster with the upcoming games on and a prices from (insert lowest price).  Captures the attention much better as when you go in at the moment you have to look for info.  It should be there for all to see, nothing complicated just a simple large poster.

These should be up all over town but they are not.  It's not hard to get the message out I find it bizarre that they won't do it.  Marketing when I buy tickets wouldn't work for me but for many it does and the point is good in that they should be saying \"we also have a game against blah on blah date, from blah price would you be interested\".  99 out of 100 may say no but if one says yes you've achieved the aim.  Not difficult at all.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 28, 2010, 09:40:26 am by idler »
My nephew who lives in Germany bought his father(my brother) two tickets for the Middlesborough game. Due to most of the people who would normally have gone with him being unavailable, I suggested swopping his tickets and sitting with us. I gave him the nearest seat number to us that isn't a season ticket holder. He contacted the ticket office and duly changed two East Stand tickets v Middlesborough for one West Stand ticet v Middlesborough and one v Barnsley. Both in the seat near us and he also got a refund as his original tickets were adult rather than OAP.
It was sorted in five minutes and all of us were very impressed with the staff. Addmittedly I gave him the seat number to ask for but I'm sure that they would still have managed nonetheless. :)
I am an exile STH so any away or cup tickets are bought over the phone and I have never had a problem yet. The staff have always been couteous and I usually have a word about ticket sales or local weather, they always seem interested.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 28, 2010, 11:50:15 am by NigelJ »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can't see why people are moaning at the ticket office for not forcing ticket offers on people. Well actually I can see why, and its moaning for the sake of, erm, moaning!

The vast majority of normal folk know in advance what they want to purchase and don't need to be told about offers and stuff. They just want to go in, pay for what they want and leave with their purchase, just like you would in a supermarket.

I know I'm a bit of a miserable old bas**rd, but I get annoyed when I go into shops and people who work there come up to me and start pestering me on what I want to buy.

Likewise, I find it annoying when I get to the till in Tescos or Sainsburys and I get asked if I would like a club card or a gift card, etc. All you want to do is pay for your products and leave.

As regards the suggestion that the TO staff just see their job as an admin job, they probably do. Lets be right, just because you don't go in there and get a full conversation about Coronation Street or the quality of Mildred's Bacon Butties down t'road, is hardly a problem. I'm sure you'd find it far more annoying if there was a long queue of people because the staff were chatting more than they were serving.

Stop moaning.

Agree 100% on all of that.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 28, 2010, 12:19:57 pm by hoolahoop »
DONNYWOLF wrote:
Am I wrong in thinking it's SMC who employ the club shop staff? All our staff including ticket office staff are rubbish.

I cant answer your question .... but I can question your statement because I for one do not think they are ALL rubbish

I have had no cause to complain about either the Shop staff or the Ticket Office Staff and I am sure the majority of people who buy from the shop or the Ticket Office will have done either

In any organisiation there will be glitches for sure and some problems for some people but was have to keep this in proportion. There is also support for Ticket Office amongst these thread above so it cant just be me !

Not promoting other items at the same time or suggesting alternatives is perhaps unfortunate and down to that persons motivation at that time - who knows they may have been distracted by a personal problem ? Certainly that has surely happened to most of us too[/quote]

Have to agree BIG J, I have never had a problem in buying/returning tickets or buying/returning merchandise nor have I EVER seen anybody else have a problem except when they are either rude or impatient.
I understand that from time to time there may be glitches or administrative errors but these are by and large unintentional and usually resolved politely.
Happy Christmas to all at both the TO and the Club Shop btw.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 28, 2010, 12:57:08 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Point is information to consider, alot of people don’t follow things as closely as we do and may not know about special promotions/ up coming fixtures.

Ultimately I may have got the club extra four on the gate with giving that info out.

On another subject the Scun game is heading for disaster given the crowd figures (approx 7k) and it’s down to the club to give us an update per day to manage expectations.

Christ its T shirt weather out there today and if this continues surely the game will be on.

Rigoglioso wrote:
I can't see why people are moaning at the ticket office for not forcing ticket offers on people. Well actually I can see why, and its moaning for the sake of, erm, moaning!

The vast majority of normal folk now in advance what they want to purchase and don't need to be told about offers and stuff. They just want to go in, pay for what they want and leave with their purchase, just like you would in a supermarket.

I know I'm a bit of a miserable old bas**rd, but I get annoyed when I go into shops and people who work there come up to me and start pestering me on what I want to buy.

Likewise, I find it annoying when I get to the till in Tescos or Sainsburys and I get asked if I would like a club card or a gift card, etc. All you want to do is pay for your products and leave.

As regards the suggestion that the TO staff just see their job as an admin job, they probably do. Lets be right, just because you don't go in there and get a full conversation about Coronation Street or the quality of Mildred's Bacon Butties down t'road, is hardly a problem. I'm sure you'd find it far more annoying if there was a long queue of people because the staff were chatting more than they were serving.

Stop moaning.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012