Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:04:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Robbie Clark!  (Read 2229 times)

ljm-drfc

• Forum Member
Robbie Clark!
« on January 21, 2011, 07:26:54 pm by ljm-drfc »
Quits playing football to become a coach!

http://www.teamtalk.com/doncaster-rovers/6679199/Clark-swaps-playing-for-coaching

Best of luck to him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnybez

• Forum Member
Re:Robbie Clark!
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2011, 07:36:36 pm by donnybez »
Great to see him staying in the game

Best of luck to the lad

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2011, 09:38:52 pm by Viking Don »
Jeez, he's only 19. Surely he could have a crack at the lower leagues before quitting playing, from what I saw of him he's easily good enough for someone like York, and could still improve and go on to better things?

Good luck to him anyway.

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2011, 10:27:00 pm by fudgepacker »
Viking Don wrote:
Jeez, he's only 19. Surely he could have a crack at the lower leagues before quitting playing, from what I saw of him he's easily good enough for someone like York, and could still improve and go on to better things?

Good luck to him anyway.

It's a shame but you hear more and more about players who get dissolusioned with the game. Maybe he loves the Rovers that much he didn't want to leave :-)

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on January 21, 2011, 10:44:16 pm by VikingJames »
There is a free video interview with him on the OS story about it. He says it's just a temporary job for him for the next 2 months. The Rovers first team squad, his former team mates, are paying his wages for the next 2 months to support him into the next stage of his career. And if after 2 months he hasn't found a permanent coaching/playing role, then he'll stay with Rovers in the community as a coach.

Good gesture by the Rovers squad to support their former team mate and pay his wages for the next 2 months though.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2011, 11:00:23 pm by hoolahoop »
Fantastic gesture, don't you just love to hear positives like this , the Inca Trail, NSPCC et al coming from our club and players..........nice touch. :)

LiamDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 22, 2011, 12:15:40 am by LiamDRFC »
Fair play to the lad, he could have dropped down the leagues and so on. In terms of coaching, who better to learn from than SOD and ROK!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 22, 2011, 10:32:54 am by The Red Baron »
I don't think that story is correct. He is playing for Brigg Town at the moment- where he had a successful loan spell last season and he's hoping to sign for Gainsborough Trinity.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/rovers/Rovers-aces-help-Clark.6696498.jp

I think the story reflects immensely well on all concerned- SO'D, his team mates at Rovers and Robbie Clark himself. I hope he has a successful career in football.

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on January 22, 2011, 01:46:56 pm by VikingJames »
The Red Baron wrote:
I don't think that story is correct. He is playing for Brigg Town at the moment- where he had a successful loan spell last season and he's hoping to sign for Gainsborough Trinity.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/rovers/Rovers-aces-help-Clark.6696498.jp

I think the story reflects immensely well on all concerned- SO'D, his team mates at Rovers and Robbie Clark himself. I hope he has a successful career in football.

Erm...

Link

TinyPortal © 2005-2012