Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 11:17:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we actually doing ok?  (Read 5401 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re:Are we actually doing ok?
« Reply #30 on February 07, 2011, 10:01:13 pm by hoolahoop »
Nudga wrote:
For me this Rovers team is too careful. If the team were set out to be a bit more gutsy then we could/should have 9 to 12 more points on the board. The triangles are lovely to watch sometimes but it enables the other side to re-group and then we hit a brick wall. Maybe with the injuries we can't do this but i'd like to see more bravery and then the home crowd would respond as well. But then, that's just my preference on how I like to see a team play.

You have just hit the nail on the head, not so much weakness of personnel more weakness in the tactical way we play out these 'end' games .
As for demotion, of course I would accept it, I lived with it all through my youth but NO, I would NOT prefer it.
SO'D is far too safe and that weakness comes out quite plainly in both the timing and type of substitutions he favours.

Come on SO'D..........BE BRAVE.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re:Are we actually doing ok?
« Reply #31 on February 08, 2011, 05:50:39 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I don't think it's that SO'D favours the smaller size of player so much as the attributes that he does require, (intelegence and can play his system) are much the same as more successful teams, but the players who have those attributes AND a physical presence are those on big bucks at clubs with the money.

I don't think for one minute SO'D wouldn't want players with the physical piece, just that we can't compete to get them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012