Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:51:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brooker  (Read 1715 times)

RedandWhiteHoops

• Forum Member
Brooker
« on February 07, 2011, 02:46:47 pm by RedandWhiteHoops »
Just read his piece on DROS after the Millwall game.  He sounds very positive and hopeful to build his fitness further and start holding down a regular place.  Its great that he is so positive and sounds like he can see a future with Rovers especially given he managed a good length of time on the pitch without any injury/reaction.  I for one think he can make a difference and hope to see him line up with Billy for a few more starts.  With full match fitness and some confidence I think he and Billy could be a lethal combination.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
Re:Brooker
« Reply #1 on February 07, 2011, 03:50:32 pm by BRMC_rover »
Hope so but I cant see it. The only example iv seen of a good player come back from such a long injury and perform well is David Dunn. Its a shame, football career's dont tend to be so forgiving these days. Hope im proved wrong though.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 07, 2011, 04:01:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
In the absence of Hayter, I could see Brooker doing a job similar to the way we used to use Mark McCammon - an outlet where we could boot it up the field to a big strong feller to control, with the body strength to fend off defenders and keep possession either to take it forward himself, or laying off to bring other players into play.

Not the same as Hayter's game, but just as legitimate and effective.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 07, 2011, 04:29:59 pm by RedJ »
We could even link it in to the pass and move like we do now really(obviously the hoof and run if we're really penned in and he's the only outlet). He did it well against Burnley linking with Billy and the midfield.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 07, 2011, 05:38:11 pm by Viking Don »
Pleased for Steve, he was bound to be happy whatever the result after two years without a start. He says he just wants to get back to how he was, let's all hope he can as it'll be like a new signing.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 07, 2011, 07:39:47 pm by RedJ »
And maybe we should treat him as a new signing again. That's the way I'm starting to view him lately.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012