Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:08:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question about this Saturday and next Tuesday....  (Read 2023 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Question about this Saturday and next Tuesday....
« on February 09, 2011, 05:10:27 am by PDX_Rover »
My Dad passed away suddenly and very expectedly on Sunday.  Any regulars at the Ridgewood in Edenthorpe will know him... Brian Button. My wife, my baby boy and I are flying home Thursday and I'm hoping to take in the Pompey and Ipswich games. Anyone know if it's tickets in advance or will there be pay on the day.  A good Rovers fix will take my mind off everything....

RobTheRover... fancy meeting up matey?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re:Question about this Saturday and next Tuesday....
« Reply #1 on February 09, 2011, 06:05:11 am by idler »
You should be able to queue up for a ticket on the day but it would be better to ring on Friday. Buy the tickets over the phone and collect the tickets from reception before the Pompey game. It would cost an extra 50p per ticket for paying by card but you would only queue once, and it's usually a smaller queue.
Sorry about your dad by the way.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 09, 2011, 12:29:05 pm by Filo »
Condolences Mark, My dad passed away on the morning of the Leeds home game 3 years ago, all day I was beating myself up over whether I should go to the game that night or not, in the end I went, I`m glad I did, it brought me out of the haze I had been in all day, we buried him in the morning 9 days later, Rovers had a game that night as well, we had the wake at a local pub and by 6-00pm everyone had gone home, my cousin had mentioned earlier in the day he was going to the game that night and was I going, I told him that I would probably not as I would be well pissed by then, anyway he said that his mate was driving, and if I wanted to go give him a ring, got home at 6-30pm and at 6-45pm was on the way to the game, again i`m glad I went and I know my dad would have said get yersen off, so off I went

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 09, 2011, 12:58:44 pm by inSODwetrust »
I knew Brian, mainly when I was younger growing up as I lived a couple of houses from him in Edenthorpe, and also played alot of football with him on the local park, because he liked to keep fit and go jogging alot also. He'll be missed and condolences to the family.

I hope Rovers perform well, and I hope you enjoy the games you are attending.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2011, 11:33:09 pm by BobG »
Blody hell Mark. Thats unpleasant news. I shall miss him never mind you and your family. How's your Mum? Give her my best if it's the right thing to do?

Cheers

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2011, 08:28:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Hi Bob,  You're probably thinking of my Stepdad, Tony.... He's fine :)  It's my biological Dad who passed away.  But your kind wishes are welcome.

Hope all is well in the shires good sir.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012