Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 11:16:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Dilemma  (Read 1558 times)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Season Ticket Dilemma
« on February 11, 2011, 08:11:39 am by DaveDRFC »
Was all set to renew my season ticket last week then discovered work are contemplating buggering about with my shift pattern, meaning I may need to be more flexible and perhaps work more weekends. I now don't know what to do, whether I should buy a ticket anyway and just go to the games I can and potentially lose out, or just pay on the day for games I can get to.

I was also considering moving to the South Stand to get cheaper tickets but now with this I will probably have to wait a while so more than likely any available decent (high up) seats will have gone.

What would others do in my situation? It would probably make more sense to not bother this season but we all know football and common sense do not go hand in hand!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

deebee

• Forum Member
Re:Season Ticket Dilemma
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2011, 08:16:49 am by deebee »
Get a season ticket in the south stand.
a/ its cheaper so even if you do not make every game maybe you could lend it to a mate for a small fee.
b/you can join the be a club scout scheme and get some money back.
c/ you guarantee your seat at a fixed price (no catagory game problems )
d/ you get ST offers.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2011, 01:33:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'd get a season ticket mate. Even if you missed 3 or 4 games I'm sure it would still have worked out cheaper, come the end of the season, than buying matchday tickets.

another advantage to add to the list above is you can get priority on away tickets aswell
e.g. Barnsley & Leeds (sheff u and wensdeh will be in League 1 of course  :laugh:  )

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2011, 01:38:26 pm by VivaRovers »
It depends on what your priority is Dave... if its getting the seat you want and ensuring it for the whole season then a cheaper season ticket is your best bet.

If its saving pennies and not spending more than you have to there's the Magic 8 tickets, which is what I do now I'm unable to attend the majority of midweek home games

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2011, 02:03:15 pm by 5minstogo »
I wouldn't get a season ticket and just come and go as you please.  That way you can choose where you want to sit on a match by match basis.  You never know what sort of whinging wand you could end up sat near with a season ticket.

This was the first season in ages I've not had a season ticket and can honestly say I've not regretted it all.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2011, 02:34:21 pm by DaveDRFC »
5minstogo wrote:
I wouldn't get a season ticket and just come and go as you please.  That way you can choose where you want to sit on a match by match basis.  You never know what sort of whinging wand you could end up sat near with a season ticket.

This was the first season in ages I've not had a season ticket and can honestly say I've not regretted it all.

You can do that in the East Stand anyway as it's never full! That's another reason why I'm not sure if moving to the South Stand is a good idea as at the moment I can float about anywhere there is a space in the East Stand, and it's good if you have mates coming as you can just tell them to buy a ticket anywhere and you are still able to sit together.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2011, 04:01:04 pm by RedJ »
Why not buy one and then the games you have to miss, see if one of your friends wants to go in your place?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012