Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:08:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: O'Driscoll V Coterill II  (Read 4214 times)

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
O'Driscoll V Coterill II
« on February 14, 2011, 01:07:39 pm by inSODwetrust »
So, reports have it that the lengthy handshake and arguments at the end of the game were due to the previous meeting at Fratton Park, regarding the sending off.

As far as I can remember the challenge which brought on the red card was an absolute shocker and on another day could of been a career ending challenge, still, Coterill after the game at FP was adomant that the Rovers players (mainly Healy) were responsible for the red card been shown, and even said that in any other situation within the game Healy wouldn't dare run up to Dickinson (who recieved red card) and start pushing him and shouting frantically at him!

Now is it me or is this bloke an absolute fecking numpty? I'd hate too of seen his reaction if it was the other way round that day!

Which brings me on to another point, all these negative posts about O'driscoll's tactics and poor performances are a bit OTT in my opinion, because if the referee and his assistants actually decdided to do there job properly, Portsmouth may have had another player sent off, they may not of been as thuggish with their style of play, and we might of been able to play creative football.

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:O'Driscoll V Coterill II
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2011, 01:11:59 pm by Filo »
inSODwetrust wrote:
So, reports have it that the lengthy handshake and arguments at the end of the game were due to the previous meeting at Fratton Park, regarding the sending off.

As far as I can remember the challenge which brought on the red card was an absolute shocker and on another day could of been a career ending challenge, still, Coterill after the game at FP was adomant that the Rovers players (mainly Healy) were responsible for the red card been shown, and even said that in any other situation within the game Healy wouldn't dare run up to Dickinson (who recieved red card) and start pushing him and shouting frantically at him!

Now is it me or is this bloke an absolute fecking numpty? I'd hate too of seen his reaction if it was the other way round that day!

Which brings me on to another point, all these negative posts about O'driscoll's tactics and poor performances are a bit OTT in my opinion, because if the referee and his assistants actually decdided to do there job properly, Portsmouth may have had another player sent off, they may not of been as thuggish with their style of play, and we might of been able to play creative football.

HAVE! :silly:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2011, 01:31:08 pm by RedJ »
inSODwetrust wrote:

Now I think about it, I have to agree. I'm not blaming the shite performance solely on the officials, but they had a part to play. I know we need to toughen up, but some of the off the ball scuffles I saw were shocking. I'm surprised one of the Pompey players didn't end up getting t**tted.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2011, 02:39:03 pm by The Red Baron »
inSODwetrust wrote:

I'm not going to get wound up about the grammar because there's a lot of truth in what you say. Imagine, for a moment, that one of the officials had seen Rocha's assault on Sharp AND taken appropriate action? A long shot given the spinelessness of the crew we had on Saturday but always possible. Portsmouth would have played the majority of the game with ten men. That could have made a big difference to the outcome, especially as Rocha was their best defender.

In any case, the one time in the last few seasons we've attempted to fight fire with fire was at Scunny last season. Result- two men sent off and we ended up hanging on for a draw in a game we should have won comfortably.

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on February 14, 2011, 07:24:24 pm by VikingJames »
Filo wrote:
inSODwetrust wrote:

Idiot.

The guy has made a sensible and valid post, and that is all you can do. Go around looking for minor gramatical mistakes.

Can't wait until you next make a spelling error/typo in one of your posts.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2011, 07:34:45 pm by Wellred »
VikingJames wrote:
Filo wrote:
inSODwetrust wrote:

Idiot.

The guy has made a sensible and valid post, and that is all you can do. Go around looking for minor gramatical mistakes.

I think you might find it is grammatical actually.  ;)  ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on February 14, 2011, 07:43:35 pm by VikingJames »
I was waiting to see if Filo would spot the deliberate mistake.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2011, 07:49:58 pm by Jimmydee »
I can remember a couple of seasons ago when we played against Port Vale (away) the Vale bullied us off the park in the first half and the referee turned a blind eye to the assaults on the Rovers players and I'm sure that we were getting beat up to the half time whistle.
When we came back onto the pitch for the second half, we played the same style of aggressive play and give the Vale a good physical hiding and we won the game. It was a great transformation of a winning atitude that got us the 3 points.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2011, 09:20:42 pm by vaya »
Cotterill is obviously a cockend of the highest order. There's a fair chance though that the animosity on Saturday was lees to do with the game at Fratton Park, and much to do with his job and were the actions of a worried man.

Pompey hadn't won in ten games since December, and despite winning still sit beneath us. Now look at the 'dearth' of talent he has to play with - Halford, De Laet, Hreidarsson, Nugent, Lawrence, Kitson, Kanu...

A muppet, and incompetent.

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2011, 03:15:47 pm by kybone »
Filo is not the only one that gets annoyed by the use of the word 'of' where it should be 'have'. He did it three times and he's not the only one. I know its not football related but i cant understand how it is so difficult to grasp the use of your own language. Its not a minor grammatical error or shorthand, its just plain stupid. Where did you go to school man!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2011, 03:24:12 pm by The L J Monk »
kybone wrote:
Filo is not the only one that gets annoyed by the use of the word 'of' where it should be 'have'. He did it three times and he's not the only one. I know its not football related but i cant understand how it is so difficult to grasp the use of your own language. Its not a minor grammatical error or shorthand, its just plain stupid. Where did you go to school man!

It's possibly the same place you went.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2011, 03:28:33 pm by inSODwetrust »
kybone wrote:
[/b]

Hungerhill!

Oh, and by the way, the quote which is highlighted above is a question even if it is rhetorical, so should end with a '?' not a '!'

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2011, 03:41:01 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
Filo wrote:
inSODwetrust wrote:

Idiot.

Feel three, or should that of bean free!  ;)  :P

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2011, 04:09:52 pm by kybone »
Not using punctuation is just a way of writing in shorthand form pal. Using completely the wrong word is just lack of intelligence. You of absolutely no idea what you're talking about mate. Or should that be have absolu.... never mind mate if you haven't picked it up by now you probably never will.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2011, 04:14:14 pm by The L J Monk »
Paradoxically for you, your lack of punctuation means you're using completely the wrong word.

VikingJames

« Reply #15 on February 15, 2011, 04:23:48 pm by VikingJames »
If the post is unreadable and written out completely in text speak or something, then fair enough. But it is irritating to see Filo constantly on the prowl to correct people for the odd misspelt word or the odd instance of dodgy grammar, especially when he isn't the most eloquent poster himself.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2011, 04:29:37 pm by RedJ »
In a vain attempt to bring this back, somewhat, to the point, some t**t I heard at the Keepmoat at the weekend said, and I quote, \"we need a new manager, cos that daft, passionless Kitson doesn't give a balls about our side. He's just trying to get a better job at a club bigger than us. What kind of a manager would play a 5 man defence at home?\"

Something's wrong in the stands if the fans think a complete and utter Kitson like Coterill is better than SO'D. Certainly seems \"Rovers 'til we lose\" is the attitude with some \"supporters\".

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2011, 04:31:53 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
If the post is unreadable and written out completely in text speak or something, then fair enough. But it is irritating to see Filo constantly on the prowl to correct people for the odd misspelt word or the odd instance of dodgy grammar, especially when he isn't the most eloquent poster himself.

Mr Eloquent, speaks, all stop and listen eh?  ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #18 on February 15, 2011, 04:34:31 pm by VikingJames »
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

At no point did I say that.  :dry:

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2011, 04:37:15 pm by kybone »
Look mr Monk im not talking about writing degree standard text mate. lots of people on here leave out most the correct punctuation to speed things up. All i did was leave out a question mark at the end of my origional message. It didn't alter the meaning of the sentence. The point im making is that lots of people use 'of' instead of 'have' and it just doesn't make sense. Sorry if i've caused offense but it's the kind of mistake a primary school pupil would make.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2011, 04:41:14 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

At no point did I say that.  :dry:

At no point did I say that you said that either  :P

I don`t see what you`re getting worked up about, I only made a one word post, pointing out the correct word was \"have\"

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2011, 04:42:21 pm by RedJ »
In support of what he's saying, it sounds like we say \"of\" instead of \"have\" when we speak because of our dialect. It does irritate me a bit but I can see why it's done.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2011, 04:48:28 pm by Filo »
RedJ wrote:
In support of what he's saying, it sounds like we say \"of\" instead of \"have\" when we speak because of our dialect. It does irritate me a bit but I can see why it's done.

Sounds even dafter using your explanation

As far as I can remember the challenge which brought on the red card was an absolute shocker and on another day could instead of been a career ending challenge, still, Coterill after the game at FP was adomant that the Rovers players (mainly Healy) were responsible for the red card been shown, and even said that in any other situation within the game Healy wouldn't dare run up to Dickinson (who recieved red card) and start pushing him and shouting frantically at him!

Now is it me or is this bloke an absolute fecking numpty? I'd hate too instead of seen his reaction if it was the other way round that day!

Which brings me on to another point, all these negative posts about O'driscoll's tactics and poor performances are a bit OTT in my opinion, because if the referee and his assistants actually decdided to do there job properly, Portsmouth may have had another player sent off, they may not instead of been as thuggish with their style of play, and we might of been able to play creative football.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2011, 04:51:42 pm by The L J Monk »
kybone wrote:
Look mr Monk im not talking about writing degree standard text mate. lots of people on here leave out most the correct punctuation to speed things up. All i did was leave out a question mark at the end of my origional message. It didn't alter the meaning of the sentence. The point im making is that lots of people use 'of' instead of 'have' and it just doesn't make sense. Sorry if i've caused offense but it's the kind of mistake a primary school pupil would make.

Unfortunately Mr Bone you have misunderstood. I've no interest in the grey area that is question marks for rhetorical questions. However, what I am interested in is your failure to grasp the subtle difference between \"it's\" and \"its\". In its own right this is forgivable. However, when it's been flouted in a paragraph bemoaning the death of writing standards it comes across as a tad rich.

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 15, 2011, 05:10:57 pm by kybone »
Well as i've already stated Monk, this is a way of writing in shorthand without completely reverting to text speak. Not the same as not knowing the correct word to use at all. You could call it lazy as i do know how to use punctuation. I just choose not to sometimes when writing casually. Its quite acceptable on a message board. I was simply backing up the origional point that 'of' was the wrong word to use.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 15, 2011, 05:16:55 pm by RedJ »
Filo wrote:
RedJ wrote:

Sounds even dafter using your explanation

As far as I can remember the challenge which brought on the red card was an absolute shocker and on another day could instead of been a career ending challenge, still, Coterill after the game at FP was adomant that the Rovers players (mainly Healy) were responsible for the red card been shown, and even said that in any other situation within the game Healy wouldn't dare run up to Dickinson (who recieved red card) and start pushing him and shouting frantically at him!

Now is it me or is this bloke an absolute fecking numpty? I'd hate too instead of seen his reaction if it was the other way round that day!

Which brings me on to another point, all these negative posts about O'driscoll's tactics and poor performances are a bit OTT in my opinion, because if the referee and his assistants actually decdided to do there job properly, Portsmouth may have had another player sent off, they may not instead of been as thuggish with their style of play, and we might of been able to play creative football.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I didn't say it always made sense, did I? All I'm saying is it sounds like \"of\" when we say \"have\" so some mistakenly type/write the wrong word too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012