Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:18:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea  (Read 1186 times)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Swansea
« on February 14, 2011, 10:16:14 pm by southwestexile »
Against the better judgement of my head and wallet, I'm heading to Swansea on Saturday in the hope that we could return to being a footballing team and I get to watch a contest of quality and guile.

Trouble is, last time I was in Wales for a league game we grabbed a goal at Ninian Park only in response to 7 from Cardiff.  Ahhh, Ninian Park!

However, even if we get tonked on Sat, things can't be as gloomy as those days.  'Hit it long to Leo!\"

And Ipswich is the first game of the rest of our season (vomit at will)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:Swansea
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2011, 10:44:52 pm by BobG »
I remember well that game at Ninian park SWExile. That was the game when I turned to a Cardiff supporting mate of mine to ask if he thought, like I was starting to suspect, that certain players in Rovers shirts that day were purposely trying to increase Cardiff's score. he thought they were. It wasn't long afterwards I bumped into whoever was the Manager at the time (it wasn't Gob on a Stick. Was it Ward?) in the earl. I asked him that very same question. And he told me that they absolutely and undoubtedly were. He was incensed by the antics of that SW Manchester clique.  I asked him if I could quote him. When he said I could, I got on to my mate at The Guardian about it. He was all over it. But the lawyers wouldn't let him publish anything :(

Cheers

BobG

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2011, 08:28:36 pm by southwestexile »
dark days indeed

but going on hal-time tonight I mght get to witness more than 7?

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2011, 08:49:16 pm by DMnumber4 »
See you there  :silly:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012