Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 05:36:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time for SOD and ROK to go  (Read 13929 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Time for SOD and ROK to go
« on February 15, 2011, 10:07:43 pm by godlike1 »
As most of you will know I'm not afraid to add my controversial comments on here but tonight when I heard my dad snap and swear at the lack of emotion or ability to change anything tonight I knew the time is right for the man we have called a hero

Kn my eyes he has been the one distraction the squad and club could have done without this year with the will he won't he go saga. If anything the honourable thing would have been for him to take sheff u job so we could appoint someone with some time to keepmomentum going

Instead we have a team with no heart no confidence and feeling sorry for itself. There is only one way we are going unless jr and co dig deep to bolster the squad again or get rid of sod and ROK. With crowds losing faith in the team with the latest performances and getting lower in numbers part in tribute to rovers inane and invisible marketing abilities I can only see jr doing one thing which he had no hesitation in doing to penny when we made poor teams look good on more than one occasion

New manager vacancy advert in the telegraph in the mornfor rovers me thinks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Re:Time for SOD and ROK to go
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2011, 10:09:36 pm by German Rover »
hate to say this but I agree with you, thanks for everything but its time to go

I-was-there1976

« Reply #2 on February 15, 2011, 10:12:49 pm by I-was-there1976 »
No chance

Sod s replacement is at Southampton and it would cost JR too much. He will at least get til December next season

So be prepared for lots more \"keeping shape\" \"not chasing the game\" systems to keep you on the edge of your seats

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2011, 10:19:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolute clowns those of you who think this.  How can we cope with so many out?  I just wonder what you expect.  SOD has warned all season if we lost key players we'd have problems and he's spot on.  Too many players not up to this level that's for sure.

askernred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2011, 10:20:33 pm by askernred »
Some comments from Facebook:

O'driscoll's time has come i think, its been good while it lasted but it seems to have gone stale and he has lost the players. Stock and Billy fighting at training, sitting players down and telling them come what may if he had a fit 1st eleven they would never play while he is there! Thanks for everything Sean but for us to keep punching above our weight in the Championship things need to change fast. RTID!!!

Please go sean and take your players with ya

O'driscolls got to go!!!!!!

Sean fcuk off

Sean fcuk off hird go play for askern thomas see ya lg1 john ya blew it with mr invisible bramall. Still goin norwich away tuesday like

Some seem to have lost the faith, i will sleep on it instead of letting my head speak now. Its certainly a worrying time and the first comment above is how i feel right now but the big question is who do we bring in as manager should JR decide the bullet is due???

Your thoughts people???

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2011, 10:25:41 pm by Filo »
Fickle! like those that left before half time!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2011, 10:27:15 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
godlike1 wrote:
As most of you will know I'm not afraid to add my controversial comments on here but tonight when I heard my dad snap and swear at the lack of emotion or ability to change anything tonight I knew the time is right for the man we have called a hero

Kn my eyes he has been the one distraction the squad and club could have done without this year with the will he won't he go saga. If anything the honourable thing would have been for him to take sheff u job so we could appoint someone with some time to keepmomentum going

Instead we have a team with no heart no confidence and feeling sorry for itself. There is only one way we are going unless jr and co dig deep to bolster the squad again or get rid of sod and ROK. With crowds losing faith in the team with the latest performances and getting lower in numbers part in tribute to rovers inane and invisible marketing abilities I can only see jr doing one thing which he had no hesitation in doing to penny when we made poor teams look good on more than one occasion

Oh f**k off.

Have you seen the state of our injury list??

The only thing you can question really is the loaning out of Fairhurst for situations such as this.

Whats switching Managers now going to achieve? After all, show me what it has done for the two Sheffield Clubs.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2011, 10:28:12 pm by vaya »
askernred wrote:
Some comments from Facebook:

O'driscoll's time has come i think, its been good while it lasted but it seems to have gone stale and he has lost the players. Stock and Billy fighting at training, sitting players down and telling them come what may if he had a fit 1st eleven they would never play while he is there! Thanks for everything Sean but for us to keep punching above our weight in the Championship things need to change fast. RTID!!!

Please go sean and take your players with ya

O'driscolls got to go!!!!!!

Sean fcuk off

Sean fcuk off hird go play for askern thomas see ya lg1 john ya blew it with mr invisible bramall. Still goin norwich away tuesday like

Some seem to have lost the faith, i will sleep on it instead of letting my head speak now. Its certainly a worrying time and the first comment above is how i feel right now but the big question is who do we bring in as manager should JR decide the bullet is due???

Your thoughts people???

Facebook seems to be the first port of call for the illiterate and educationally sub-normal?

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2011, 10:33:52 pm by Townender »
Face book is for those that cannot get on here, as for the SOD must go comment, a new manager would still have the same injury list, be patient, normal service will be  resumed as soon as possible. Or should I say service temporarily unavailable, which seems to happen a lot these days.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2011, 10:37:24 pm by bobbymax »
Filo wrote:
Fickle! like those that left before half time!

I stuck it for almost an hour so I'm only half fickle, but quite honestly I wouldn't have bothered at all if I'd known the team before I set off.

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on February 15, 2011, 10:42:08 pm by VikingJames »
Agree 100% with BFYP. SOD has his hands tied, simple as.

Rover By The Tyne

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2011, 10:56:21 pm by Rover By The Tyne »
So if SOD goes then our injury list will disappear then? No i don't think so. Without SOD the backbone of a squad we have will crumble further and every game without a  manager we will be thrashed.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2011, 11:03:50 pm by RobTheRover »
Spot on, Adam.

God I hate knee-jerk reactionists.  They will be the first to be singing SODs name when the injury crisis subsides and results start to turn our way again.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2011, 11:10:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Has O'Driscoll taken us as far as he can? It's possible. There are several things about his management that I dislike. He hasn't done too great getting us good squad depth, behind the first eleven its a team of League 1 players at the very best. He's clearly forgotten to put 'Defensive Training' on the schedule for the past several months too. But should we sack him? I don't think so. The injury list is massive, so many key players out, and let's not forget where O'Driscoll has gotten us to. Who would we even replace him with? I doubt Roberto Di Matteo is going to come here so we'd probably get somebody unproven at this level and at this stage of the season, where we are, we don't need that risk.

SOD will leave this club when a bigger club comes in to poach him, and not sooner. I expect and hope that is true anyway.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2011, 11:12:05 pm by drfcsteve »
What a load of b*llocks all this is.

We're missing our first choice goalkeeper, 2 first team defenders, 2 first choice midfielders and all our strikers.

How is sacking the manager going to improve anything?

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 15, 2011, 11:30:08 pm by donnygreenjeans »
godlike1 wrote:

What a load of b*llocks your post is, firstly you haven't said you you would want to replace SOD, also you mentioned about the distraction but it's not SOD's fault that clubs want him, every player including JR were happy and relieved that he stayed with the rovers so why would JR sack him?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 15, 2011, 11:32:18 pm by MrFrost »
Has SOD lost the dressing room though? Very possible, and have he has, then why has he?
The same thing happened with Dave Penney, and we parted company with him.

I'm sick of hearing about our injury list. I'm not denying it is a problem, but maybe we should ask the question why a team of proffesional athletes are picking up so many injuries and so frequently.

There is no excuse for the level of tonights performance, injuries or no injuries. I'm not one for booing, but thats what the performance deserved. Someone must man up and take responsibility for that disgrace on show tonight. There was more fight there when we went down 8-0 at home to Forest in 1997.

DRFCDANNY

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 15, 2011, 11:35:08 pm by DRFCDANNY »
sack him he has lost the plot.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 15, 2011, 11:38:12 pm by benaldo »
I don't know if we'd be better off without SOD, but I do suspect he's lost the dressing room. Not a nice situation to be in for him. Let's face it, he's tried twice to leave the club in the past year, so is his heart really at Doncaster Rovers?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 15, 2011, 11:44:24 pm by mushRTID »
benaldo wrote:
I don't know if we'd be better off without SOD, but I do suspect he's lost the dressing room. Not a nice situation to be in for him. Let's face it, he's tried twice to leave the club in the past year, so is his heart really at Doncaster Rovers?

His heart isn't at DRFC that is obvious in my opinion. Lots won't agree.
That's not the issue at this moment in time though. You can say 'I'm sick of hearing about injuries' all you like, that is why were in this mess!

I blame that dirty Scunthorpe t**t who put stock out myself, it all started then.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 15, 2011, 11:50:34 pm by donnygreenjeans »
benaldo wrote:

When did he try to leave twice? i can't remember SOD trying to leave, i can remember him being interviewed for the Burnley job but the two clubs couldn't agree a compensation package and regarding the sheff utd job i believe that rovers gave SOD permission to talk to them!

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 15, 2011, 11:53:27 pm by Boycie »
These performances will continue until we get the injured players back, one thing we must do is get in the loan market and try and get some decent replacements in, I know its easier said than done but the majority who played tonight are not good enough.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 15, 2011, 11:55:24 pm by benaldo »
donnygreenjeans wrote:
benaldo wrote:

When did he try to leave twice? i can't remember SOD trying to leave, i can remember him being interviewed for the Burnley job but the two clubs couldn't agree a compensation package and regarding the sheff utd job i believe that rovers gave SOD permission to talk to them!

And there's me thinking that a bloke going for two job interviews wants to stay in his current job!

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 15, 2011, 11:55:53 pm by donnygreenjeans »
DRFCDANNY wrote:
sack him he has lost the plot.

Another load of b*llocks post, who would you bring in then? and before you reel of numerous names think about (a) the new managers wagers and (b) conpensation if he is at another club

Chrisd_123

« Reply #24 on February 15, 2011, 11:57:51 pm by Chrisd_123 »
I'm not for one minute saying sack SOD as i don't agree with it one bit. BUT.....How far/bad do we have to get or how low do we have to go before some people would start questioning him? Sometimes i get the feeling SOD seems to be untouchable even when he does get it wrong from time to time and is never really questioned.

Yes the injuries are stupidly bad but as for CBs we dont have a good one at the club. Injuries or no injuries it makes no difference we are shit at the back. You can throw out the arguement that they need to get a steady partnership formed and they havn't been able to but the likes of Thomas, Hird, Lockwood, Souza etc are simply not good enough for a team even wanting to fight for midtable in this league.

Tonight just proved how much Brian Stock controls our team. Get Him, Sharp, Gillett and Dumbuya back asap and we'll be fine. As for SOD OUT....No way. Not yet anyway.

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 16, 2011, 12:00:57 am by donnygreenjeans »
benaldo wrote:
donnygreenjeans wrote:
benaldo wrote:

And there's me thinking that a bloke going for two job interviews wants to stay in his current job!

So going for an interview automatically says you want to leave? If he tried to leave (as you've said) then why didn't SOD quit or resign when brian laws got sacked at Burnley?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 16, 2011, 12:05:58 am by benaldo »
donnygreenjeans wrote:
benaldo wrote:
donnygreenjeans wrote:
benaldo wrote:

So going for an interview automatically says you want to leave? If he tried to leave (as you've said) then why didn't SOD quit or resign when brian laws got sacked at Burnley?

Because he was too expensive for them, as you already mentioned............

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 16, 2011, 12:13:32 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Incredible comments and not worth a response .....
 :woohoo:

Curious Orange

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 16, 2011, 12:19:42 am by Curious Orange »
Yes, time for our greatest ever manager to clear off. He's had so much more money to spend than anyone else in the division and all we have is 16th place to show for it. He's clearly lost the dressing room (to the treatment room). And there's so many talented managers out there lining up to manage mighty Doncaster.

We barely deserve to be where we are given that we are a small club with a bunch of terrible, ungrateful, johnny-come-lately 'fans' who cannot wait to start moaning when things aren't going well and there isn't a promotion push on the cards.

There is nothing to be achieved by getting rid of the manager and if by some disaster we get relegated I would still want him in charge next season because we are lucky to have him.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 16, 2011, 12:19:53 am by godlike1 »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
godlike1 wrote:

Oh f**k off.

Have you seen the state of our injury list??

The only thing you can question really is the loaning out of Fairhurst for situations such as this.

Whats switching Managers now going to achieve? After all, show me what it has done for the two Sheffield Clubs.

So are you all saying then that thanks to SODs encouragement of our youth players that given dire injusrty crises that we can hope that some of the younger players can try and grab their opportuninity and turn the experience of playing in the reserve team .....................ermo ok forget that bit, follow other players who have been given a chance..........................erm no forget that bit too.

Ok you could then say where would you play the players when we have been doing so well? fair point but at least they would be mixing it more with the first team than they currently seam too

Are you also saying that its a good job SOD has a reserve team ..................erm no forget that as well otherwise the players would have a chance to get some match practice prior to being chucked back into the main team. oooooooooooooo thats right SOD doesn't like reserve teams as it add's to injuries...........................erm well that has worked well hasn't it? not just this but last season with Shackle coming back too soon and knackering himself.

My first e-mail was meant to be provocative to see what others genuinley think and to be honest the more i delve into his managerial style the more i find holes when things go wrong without much hard work.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012