Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:03:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So whats the deal with Copps?  (Read 2247 times)

CJK

• Forum Member
So whats the deal with Copps?
« on February 19, 2011, 07:18:23 pm by CJK »
Named in the starting 11 and didn't make the bench according to reports. What happened? Injured in the warm up? If correct I've never heard of two players doing that in one season for the same club. Something is a miss with all these injuries it really is. Dickens out!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
Re: So whats the deal with Copps?
« Reply #1 on February 19, 2011, 07:58:44 pm by Surrey Rover »
Inclined to agree with some of that, this time last year we had Shackell break down in his come back match against Forest and that was the end of his season. In 35 years watching the club I've never known anything like it and the game is less physical now than it ever has been.

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 19, 2011, 08:00:07 pm by pkt_drfc »
Well i text Chris Mortley on Twitter bacause i heard copps had injured his hamstring chris replied no he has injured his calf

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 19, 2011, 08:05:14 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
hearing torn calf so could be out for season

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 19, 2011, 08:14:09 pm by The L J Monk »
In Sean's interview on the BBC he says Copps warmed up, went to kick a ball and \"felt his calf\". He's going for a scan on Monday. Also said Jimmy has fractured his metatarsal and Chambers hasn't felt right since his return.

He's not expecting anyone to be back for Tuesday night.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 19, 2011, 08:30:18 pm by wabtec »
Just spoken to dickens at strensham services copps torn calf out few weeks sharp 2 weeks martis and gillet nearly there

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2011, 11:17:53 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"wabtec\" post=142482
Just spoken to dickens at strensham services copps torn calf out few weeks sharp 2 weeks martis and gillet nearly there

Not sure how much we miss Gillet now that Keegan is here but for me Martis has been a big miss.  He has plenty of critics, but the likes of Scotland and Wickham would have known they were in a battle rather than being able to do what they pleased against the willing but lightweight Hird.  Copps will be a huge miss for us, at times this season he has been our sole threat and the only person who has even looked like linking up with Sharp.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2011, 11:30:09 am by timdrfc »
Heard Phil Brown on Sky yesterday say ''when i came in we had 1 or 2 hiding in the treatment room''   Is this a problem at our  club ?

We don't seem to be blessed with many players who have that fighting spirit  when the going gets tough, just my own observation

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 20, 2011, 01:45:58 pm by DonnyHodge »
Quote from: \"timdrfc\" post=142593
Heard Phil Brown on Sky yesterday say ''when i came in we had 1 or 2 hiding in the treatment room''   Is this a problem at our  club ?

We don't seem to be blessed with many players who have that fighting spirit  when the going gets tough, just my own observation

Id very much doubt any player would hide at the prospect of 90minutes championship football, especially the fringe lads.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012