Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:02:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relax everyone....  (Read 1973 times)

MartinB

Relax everyone....
« on February 20, 2011, 07:02:22 pm by MartinB »
Sure we have a terrible injury list, we are on a very bad run of form. But a bit of luck a few good performances and hopefully a couple of wins and the world will be rosy again. We have one of the best squads we have ever had, one of the greatest managers we have ever had and the best chairman we ever had. Please lets stop all the negativity.

2010-11         Championship   17th    
37 points so far.....reckon we could hit 60 still.

2009–10    Championship    12th    60 points
2008–09    Championship    14th    58 points

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Relax everyone....
« Reply #1 on February 20, 2011, 07:54:32 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"MartinB\" post=142648
Sure we have a terrible injury list, we are on a very bad run of form. But a bit of luck a few good performances and hopefully a couple of wins and the world will be rosy again. We have one of the best squads we have ever had, one of the greatest managers we have ever had and the best chairman we ever had. Please lets stop all the negativity.

I'm not convinced. I went to Swansea and saw the most toothless performance I've ever seen. We never threatened for the whole ninety minutes!

Sean has said himself that this is the worst squad he's had in the championship. The current squad in my opinion is not up to the standard required. The fact that we're not currently in the bottom three speaks volumes about the ability of Sean to get the best out of very little talent. The guy deserves a f**king medal. He really does.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 20, 2011, 08:06:23 pm by hoolahoop »

Martin, unfortunately we are very short on quality and results due to injuries that much is obvious. However I do agree with you, in that I do believe we will not only survive this awful run but will achieve a respectable amount of points but not as many as you have predicted.
Fortunately we are at our weakest and are currently losing to teams that even at full strength would have still troubled us greatly.
I hope that makes sense ? My prediction is a finish with approx. no more than 53 points i.e. only 16 points from the the next 15 games.
Position safe and 19th...........next season in the npower Championship.

Big lad up front

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 20, 2011, 08:48:54 pm by Big lad up front »
For all the success sean has had at this club,if we suvive this year it will be his greatest acheivement.

Its blatently obvious at the moment he hasnt a team to compete not only with the better teams in this division,but any of the teams in this division.

Just lets hope we can hang on in there for the next 4 weeks & then maybe we will then have some of the walking wounded back to try fight our way to safety.

Its not going to be easy on the eye thats for sure,but i`ve seen us in worse positions....................

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 20, 2011, 08:58:33 pm by mushRTID »
Lets embrace it. The injuries are done with now, lets just crack on.

The last 2 seasons, as great as they have been, have petered out at the end with nothing to play for. Look at Palace at Hillsborough last season. That kind of joy means as much as qualifying for the play offs, maybe that will be us?

Of course id rather have nothing to play for but its not looking like thats going to happen. Every point now is massive. We need to start digging in and earning a few draws, our form is constant L's at the moment with the lucky W thrown in the middle.

For the first time I will be anxiously looking out for the result of a game below us on Tuesday, we all know how quickly our 8 point lead can disappear if one of the teams below us starts to put a run together.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 20, 2011, 08:59:39 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=142654

Martin, unfortunately we are very short on quality and results due to injuries that much is obvious. However I do agree with you, in that I do believe we will not only survive this awful run but will achieve a respectable amount of points but not as many as you have predicted.
Fortunately we are at our weakest and are currently losing to teams that even at full strength would have still troubled us greatly.
I hope that makes sense ? My prediction is a finish with approx. no more than 53 points i.e. only 16 points from the the next 15 games.

I don't think we are short on quality, otherwise we would be in severe trouble right now, but we are short on quantity, and Sean has said the same thing. We have to pay to keep the quality and attract other quality players, without which you cannot compete at this level. The trouble is we don't have the size of squad to take the knocks we have at the moment. It is excessive at the moment, and we might have to put up with one or two \"Swansea\" performances against very good teams while we regroup and get a fit team of sufficient quality together. We have enough to survive this season, possibly with better than 19th.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 20, 2011, 09:01:54 pm by Barmby Rover »
Quote from: \"mushRTID\" post=142656
Lets embrace it. The injuries are done with now, lets just crack on.

The last 2 seasons, as great as they have been, have petered out at the end with nothing to play for. Look at Palace at Hillsborough last season. That kind of joy means as much as qualifying for the play offs, maybe that will be us?

Of course id rather have nothing to play for but its not looking like thats going to happen. Every point now is massive. We need to start digging in and earning a few draws, our form is constant L's at the moment with the lucky W thrown in the middle.

For the first time I will be anxiously looking out for the result of a game below us on Tuesday, we all know how quickly our 8 point lead can disappear if one of the teams below us starts to put a run together.

The reason why they are below us is because they can't put a run of any kind together, an 8 point cushion at the bottom is much, much more than it is at the top.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 20, 2011, 11:21:36 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Barmby Rover\" post=142657
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=142654

I don't think we are short on quality, otherwise we would be in severe trouble right now, but we are short on quantity, and Sean has said the same thing. We have to pay to keep the quality and attract other quality players, without which you cannot compete at this level. The trouble is we don't have the size of squad to take the knocks we have at the moment. It is excessive at the moment, and we might have to put up with one or two \"Swansea\" performances against very good teams while we regroup and get a fit team of sufficient quality together. We have enough to survive this season, possibly with better than 19th.

Sorry Barmby let me clarify , I meant to write ''available'' quality. I believe our 1st. team if all fit is or rather would be a top 8 side .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012