Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:51:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: red Ed looks like beaker  (Read 4812 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
red Ed looks like beaker
« on March 26, 2011, 04:25:19 pm by Boomstick »
Beaker was famous for his monosylabic gasps of worrisome fear and complete inability to stay in control of simple things. So the resemblance does not stop at looks

Beaker

Red Ed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: red Ed looks like beaker
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2011, 04:42:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Those resemblences are truly uncanny. Apart from the hair colour. And the ears. And the nose. And the size of the eyes. And the mouth shape. Quite remarkable of you to have spotted that! Your talent for comedic perception is clearly on a par with your ability to skilfully analyse political arguments.

Who was it who said that there has never yet been a quality comedian with right-wing views? He'd obviously never heard our own little chuckle bunny Boomstick had he?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2011, 05:05:09 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"BillyStubbsTears\" post=148005
Who was it who said that there has never yet been a quality comedian with right-wing views? He'd obviously never heard our own little chuckle bunny Boomstick had he?

Jim Davidson, anyone?

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2011, 05:08:27 pm by donnyjay »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=148008

Jim Davidson, anyone?

He said quality. And comedian.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2011, 05:10:53 pm by Boomstick »
oh I'm so sorry to poke fun at your leader. In no way shape or form should the great leader of the trade unions be made to look like a muppet, even though he does (and in fact speak like one). He is obviously  very powerful and in control at all times.
Until it comes to a cup and saucer, he can't quite fathom that concept.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2749946/Energy-Secretary-Ed-Miliband-spills-tea-over-his-shirt-and-tie-during-community-discussion.html

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2011, 05:11:16 pm by RedJ »
:laugh: didn't see the word \"quality\"

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2011, 05:13:19 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Boomstick\" post=148010
oh I'm so sorry to poke fun at your leader. In no way shape or form should the great leader of the trade unions be made to look like a muppet, even though he does (and in fact speak like one). He is obviously  very powerful and in control at all times.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2749946/Energy-Secretary-Ed-Miliband-spills-tea-over-his-shirt-and-tie-during-community-discussion.html

Well, 1, the Sun's a shite paper, and 2, it's actually quite easy to spill your tea..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2011, 05:16:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=148008

Jim Davidson, anyone?

Oh aye, I forgot about him. Walking round on stage saying \"Nick, nick nick\" and doing a crap Jamaican accent for Chalky White. It's a wonder we didn't have an epidemic of burst sides in the 1970s and 80s.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2011, 05:17:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Boomstick\" post=148010

Poke fun all you like my friend. It's what makes the world go round. Just try to be funny when you do it.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2011, 05:23:01 pm by Boomstick »
You are really touchy when it comes to your precious labour party, its quite sad really. I just knew when I made the post you would be the 1st to reply. Thankyou for not dissapointing me.:thumbsup:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2011, 09:07:36 pm by CusworthRovers »
My wife reckons you can tell how good a film is by how many tissues you get through when watching it... Funnily enough, I have a similar ranking system.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2011, 09:18:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"Boomstick\" post=148016
You are really touchy when it comes to your precious labour party, its quite sad really. I just knew when I made the post you would be the 1st to reply. Thankyou for not dissapointing me.:thumbsup:

Not in the slightest. I just react violently to w**k humour. Tell me a funny joke about Labour and I'll laugh my cock off.

Winston Churchill on the finest Labour leader in history for example. Churchill thought Atlee had zero presence and personality and put him down like this.

\"An empty taxi pulled up at No 10 yesterday and Clement Atlee got out.\"

\"Clement Atlee is a modest man. Which is good because he has much to be modest about.\"

Clever, biting humour, getting to the point of a person's defects. Not some random pair of photos with a \"Labour Leader Is A Spacker\" type punchline.

Now. Go and practice a bit more on your humour. Here's a potentially rich theme. Ed Miliband's hair & seagull shit. I'll leave you to work out the comedic premise.

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2011, 10:14:09 pm by donnyjay »
My favourite Churchill quotes are when he told that moose that he'd be sober in the morning and 'Oh Yes'.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2011, 10:37:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"donnyjay\" post=148035
My favourite Churchill quotes are when he told that moose that he'd be sober in the morning and 'Oh Yes'.

He's a goldmine of quotes, some funny, some profound, some very good advice. Not bad for a Liberal/Tory t**t

\"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.\"

\"I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks.\"

\"If you are going through hell, keep going.\"

\"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.\"

\"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack.\"

My favourite, a propos of this thread is:

\"When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home.\"

But maybe the most profound of all is:

\"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.\"

Or maybe this one...

\"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.\"

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2011, 10:45:36 pm by donnyjay »
I was listening to the cricket during the week and Michael Holding came out with something that reminded me of Churchill.

He said 'The problem with common sense is that it isn't all that common'.

Don't know if that's his own but it made me smile.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2011, 10:55:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Quote from: \"donnyjay\" post=148041
I was listening to the cricket during the week and Michael Holding came out with something that reminded me of Churchill.

He said 'The problem with common sense is that it isn't all that common'.

Don't know if that's his own but it made me smile.

I had a similar experience at BV several years ago when the proverbial Old Bloke Behind Me murmured, \"Oh f**king hell, here we go again. Bang, bang, bang. Can't we do owt more f**king subtle?\" as Cusack's tactics got too much for him.

I beleive Churchill was the first to use that particular phrase in response to Bomber Harris's approach to war.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2011, 11:55:34 pm by BobG »
\"U Boats are those dastardly villains that sink our ships while submarines are those brave and glorious craft which sink theirs\"

The bloke must have laughed himself to kip just about every night. He was a comedic genius. Oh, and he weren't too bad at a couple of other things too. Heard the one about supping with the Devil? He made that one on the floor of the House.

Cheers

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 27, 2011, 02:04:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
Not like you to contribute to a thread supporting BST Bob. Mind you I'Ve just got in pissed so I could be wrong. Hopefully I'll be sober in the morning.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 27, 2011, 02:48:53 am by BobG »
Me? I love BST! Intelligent, acerbic, wise and informed. Can't ask for much more.

I'm not pissed. Am half deaf though. Been to a gig tonight.

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 28, 2011, 06:39:33 am by RobTheRover »
I didnt know Justin Bieber was playing out your way, Bob.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 28, 2011, 10:48:23 am by BobG »
Ha ha! Rock mate. 70's rock.

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 02, 2011, 10:00:58 am by Glyn_Wigley »
My favourite Churchill quote:

Nancy Astor - \"Winston, if I were your wife, I'd put poison in your coffee\"

Churchill - \"If I were your husband, I'd drink it\".

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Churchill
« Reply #22 on April 02, 2011, 10:27:42 am by The Red Baron »
He was also spot on about that farce that is the \"Alternative Vote.\"

\"the most worthless votes given for the most worthless candidates.” Churchill said AV “adds new features of caprice and uncertainty to the conduct of each individual election… Imagine making the representation of great constituencies dependent on the second preferences of the hindmost candidates. The hindmost candidate would become a personage of considerable importance, and the old phrase, ‘Devil take the hindmost’ will acquire a new significance.”

Whatever your political allegiance, vote NO to AV on May 5th.

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Churchill
« Reply #23 on April 02, 2011, 10:35:31 am by RedJ »
Never thought I'd find myself aligning myself with a Tory Prime Minister (well, two, it would seem) but in this case I'm prepared to do just that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012