Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:32:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Possible Offer for STH's?  (Read 1813 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Possible Offer for STH's?
« on April 20, 2011, 11:09:56 am by Dutch Uncle »
First of all I think JR and the club's initiative for the Palace game is very good. I don't think STH's should be moaning - your match day experience hopefully will be the better for it. Also on another thread a poster made a good comparison by comparing the STH's position to someone who bought in a shop before Christmas and grumbles at people getting it cheaper in the new year sales.

However, if the club wish to show some goodwill to STH's how about all 2010-2011 season STH's being offered a free ticket for the next home cup match? Of course this might be 2 or more years down the line. These matches are often badly attended anyway, and  also of course it might just be the next home draw is Man U or somesuch but that's the risk the club would be taking.

The offer could also be refined somewhat - e.g. 2010-11 STH's who renew for next season get 2 free tickets

If people think this idea has any merit, maybe Gartom or some other insider could pass it on

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
Re: Possible Offer for STH's?
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2011, 11:59:00 am by CusworthRovers »
Not sure what the situation would be with it being FA (if we were to say the FA Cup), however I support this idea 100% and it always makes me think/pause when I buy home tickets for Carling/FA Cup games. For some reason I always feel like I'm being double charged (which I obviously know I'm not).

Great idea and definitely one that benefits the ST holders ie keep your seats and already paid for, inc of ST. I would also say for the duration of the cup run.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2011, 12:19:43 pm by vaya »
Can we just pick out own rewards? Is it like Swop Shop?

I need a gearbox for a 1600 Mark 5 Cortina. Swop for an iffy pair of DMR V8s and a third round League Cup ticket.

Ta.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2011, 12:22:37 pm by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"vaya\" post=152085
Can we just pick out own rewards? Is it like Swop Shop?

I need a gearbox for a 1600 Mark 5 Cortina. Swop for an iffy pair of DMR V8s and a third round League Cup ticket.

Ta.

It will be reward enough, if we stay up this season.:thumbsup:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2011, 12:23:55 pm by CusworthRovers »
If that's the case, if they give me free home cup tickets, I'd be willing to put up 'Striker' footy game, a Starsky and Hutch toy car and a pair of Val's old blue knickers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2011, 12:33:24 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=152089
If that's the case, if they give me free home cup tickets, I'd be willing to put up 'Striker' footy game, a Starsky and Hutch toy car and a pair of Val's old blue knickers.

No deal if they`re not soiled! :laugh:

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2011, 02:40:16 pm by London_Rover »
if you are STH though you get your own seat. You are first in the queue anyway for any glamourous cup tie ticket.  First in the queue too for the away fixtures.  You get 5% off your transactions at the Club shop.  Your average price per game is less too.

Overall it is a a bloody good offer a ST.  

It would be churlish for us to get despondent about a one-off game that means so much to the club we all love

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 20, 2011, 06:02:52 pm by Metalmicky »
If not already mentioned, why not free entrance to one of the pre-season friendlies.............

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2011, 06:03:49 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"London_Rover\" post=152151
if you are STH though you get your own seat. You are first in the queue anyway for any glamourous cup tie ticket.  First in the queue too for the away fixtures.  You get 5% off your transactions at the Club shop.  Your average price per game is less too.

Edited because you aren't allowed to say anything is going wrong at the moment. Although, interestingly, you are allowed to poke fun at someones disability. This forum is the home of some idiots.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2011, 06:12:46 pm by DonnyRTID »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=152189
Quote from: \"London_Rover\" post=152151

Overall it is a a bloody good offer a ST.  

It would be churlish for us to get despondent about a one-off game that means so much to the club we all love

Without wishing to sound churlish, it's not been just one game that's been subsidised by the club this season has it? Also, I can't remember the last time a game (no matter how glamourous) was sold out. - Was it the Arsenal match? OR the first match in the Keepmoat against Huddersfield? Or was it the \"Official Opening of the stadium\" match against Man Utd? Anyway, whatever it was, YES the benefits of a season ticket to the holder are clear (normally), but the numerous cut price games this season - Oh, and no cup run, and shite football to boot - have rendered the savings or purpose of this seasons ticket almost totally redundant. I really hope the club managers can all wait until they have calmed down from the emotions that led to this decision and then look at a way of rewarding the season ticket holders. After all, it's them that pay up front every year, come to almost every match, and put up with the utter tripe of a footballing display this season. I just think it's crass to reward people who don't honestly give a toss about Doncaster Rovers, with a free day out.
Perhaps instead of the knee jerk behaviour that marks the way this club is run sometimes, the management will sit down, have a breath, a coffee, count to ten, recite Beowulf, run round the block a couple of times, then look at a way of doing things in a bit more organised fashion; and with a bit more forethought, next season.

Yes, everyone on here (Well, this forum at least) wants Rovers to win on Friday, but after the dust has settled, some things at the club need looking at. We all know what they are, it's just a shame the internet tool responsible for communicating with the public on facebook has added telling the customers to shut the feck up (allegedly) to the already p!ss poor way the club conducts its PR. This season has been far from a good one for Rovers, both on, and off the pitch unfortunately.

I wish you'd shut the feck up.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 20, 2011, 06:16:50 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"DonnyRTID\" post=152191

I wish you'd shut the feck up.

Why? Because he has less right to express an opinion than you do?

Love or loathe facebook it is widely used, and the way the Club has responded recently to a number of Season Ticket holders via widely viewable messages has been nothing short of disgraceful.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 20, 2011, 06:24:06 pm by DonnyRTID »
\"Why? Because he has less right to express an opinion than you do?\"

No, because every thread he comments on, he picks holes in it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012