Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 03:50:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Charity fundraising for Help for Heroes  (Read 1016 times)

askernred

• Forum Member
Charity fundraising for Help for Heroes
« on April 23, 2011, 10:17:10 am by askernred »
[attachment=610]Commercialletter-WhiteHartFC.pdf[/attachment]

Morning all,

Just a quick PR post really for some upcoming fundraising events. You may have seen the news in this weeks Free Press and yesterdays Doncaster Star.

I am writing on behalf of the White Hart FC based in Askern, Doncaster who play in the Doncaster and District Sunday Alliance League.
It is our intention as a club to hike up the biggest Mountain in the UK-Ben Nevis, Scotland to raise much needed funding for the Help
the Heroes Foundation.
On the 28th May 2011, 25 people from White Hart FC and invited guests will make the trip from Doncaster to Fort William to tackle the
highest peak in the British Isles. Our goal is to raise a minimum £10,000 for the Help for Heroes Foundation.

We have also arranged a charity football match on Monday 2nd May @ Askern Villa's Welfare ground where we will be playing against a select 11 including Adi Moses ex Barnsley and England U21 international and Jim Dobbin. Kick off will be 12.30 and we are not charging for entry but asking for a donation on entry. There will be the local press there as well as Ben Parkinson who is presenting the Winning trophy, a local dance company to provide entertainment and refreshments will be available. We currently have raised just short of 5k but with this match and then the climb up Ben Nevis our target is to raise 10k. If you have nothing planned please feel free to come and enjoy the game.

Any donations can be made via the following link www.bmycharity.com/heroeshelpingheroes  

Many thanks for your time reading this and apologies i have not used the off topic area but there is obviously more traffic through here.

Please feel free to pass the message on to your employers and friends and help us to help the heroes who fight for our Country.

Many thanks again,

Askernred

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Charity fundraising for Help for Heroes
« Reply #1 on April 23, 2011, 10:24:06 am by mushRTID »
Nice one, just had an idea..why not get in touch with Mark Wilson and sort out a charity match just after the seasons finished??

Might get a few more to attend if there are rovers 1st teamers involved and you could split the profits between both your charities.

askernred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 23, 2011, 10:29:23 am by askernred »
To be honest i wouldnt know where to start. I have sent the letter to around 15 Premiership and Championship teams and the only one i have not heard back from is DRFC. I sent it to every e mail address i could find including the football in the community, commercial, media and general e mail and i have not even had a reply. I had written of any sort of response from the club in fairness and was hoping maybe the supporters might want to get involved either by sponsorship or just to come watch the game on bank holiday Monday.

askernred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2011, 08:23:06 pm by askernred »
Bump

TinyPortal © 2005-2012