Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:05:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Refund for palace - an interesting phone call  (Read 4187 times)

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
Refund for palace - an interesting phone call
« on April 26, 2011, 02:21:58 pm by DonnyHodge »
Well ive just had a very interesting voicemail from doncaster rovers football club.

As id paid for my palace ticket in advance of the free offer. \"Sir\" John Ryan has deemed i am entitled to a refund. So thats Saturdays tickets paid for with cash to spare, so the rest will be spent in the club shop!

All you other non ST holders who paid prior to the offer, expect the same shortly.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: Refund for palace - an interesting phone call
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2011, 02:26:22 pm by keyser_soze »
Yep, had the same call today. Wonder how many other tightwads have taken em up on it?

DonnyHodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2011, 02:41:45 pm by DonnyHodge »
Hope that isnt a dig. Its merely a level the playing field act by the chairman. When moneys tight, effectively rewarding those fans who had paid in advance of the gesture by effectively granting them free tickets for saturday, is something which should be applauded. As ive already said the club will be getting the money back from me, and more besides, through merchandise in the club shop. (£10 towards next season shirt!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2011, 02:48:19 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"DonnyHodge\" post=153546
Hope that isnt a dig. Its merely a level the playing field act by the chairman. When moneys tight, effectively rewarding those fans who had paid in advance of the gesture by effectively granting them free tickets for saturday, is something which should be applauded. As ive already said the club will be getting the money back from me, and more besides, through merchandise in the club shop. (£10 towards next season shirt!)

Don`t get me wrong on this one, I don`t want rewarding and supported the gesture, but it`s not levelling the playing field is it, he`s refunding the 20 odd quid that people have paid up front for that one game, not exactly making it level for the STH`s that paid 400 odd quid in advance is it?

Like I say, it does n`t bother me, but I know there`s plenty out there that it does bother and I think that will be reflected in next season`s season ticket sales

snods big brother

« Reply #4 on April 26, 2011, 05:44:35 pm by snods big brother »
Quote from: \"keyser_soze\" post=153541
Yep, had the same call today. Wonder how many other tightwads have taken em up on it?

I am one of the tightwads that have taken them up on the offer of a refund :thumbsup:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2011, 06:11:42 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=153548

Don`t get me wrong on this one, I don`t want rewarding and supported the gesture, but it`s not levelling the playing field is it, he`s refunding the 20 odd quid that people have paid up front for that one game, not exactly making it level for the STH`s that paid 400 odd quid in advance is it?

Like I say, it does n`t bother me, but I know there`s plenty out there that it does bother and I think that will be reflected in next season`s season ticket sales

You really need to be careful posting negative comments like that Filo.

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2011, 07:01:09 pm by shaun from thorne »
I aggree with you filo,we pay up front because we support our club but it does stick in the throat a bit when they give refunds to probbably non rovers supporting public.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2011, 07:04:59 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=153548

If this one act by JR has a reflection on ST sales then our fans are far more more fickle than I thought. I believe they will whinge, moan and threaten not to buy but at the end of the day they ARE our supporters and anyone prepared to fork out for a ST last season will quickly put this out of their mind........SURELY ?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2011, 07:15:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"shaun from thorne\" post=153592
I aggree with you filo,we pay up front because we support our club but it does stick in the throat a bit when they give refunds to probbably non rovers supporting public.

How do you figure that one out?  Go on, really enlighten me into your thought process, if one exists.

These people getting refunds are the regular non-sth suppprters who buy early, hence bought before the free ticket announcement.

Jeez wept.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2011, 07:21:04 pm by Filo »
Rob, these people paid up front like STH's did but they get a refund, you pay your money, you take your chance, but not in this case

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2011, 07:35:02 pm by danrover82 »

Doens't make sense! They're obviously rovers supporting public to have paid for the ticket in the first place in order to get a refund.

I suppose its a gamble STH get when buying. How many moan when they get first choice of tickets for away games and cup games, discount in club shop and have the same seat week in week out?  Thats the benefits most people buy one for. Not the saving of 2 or 3 games in the season or they are just as tight as the people others are moaning about on here, no?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 26, 2011, 07:58:23 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=153606

Doens't make sense! They're obviously rovers supporting public to have paid for the ticket in the first place in order to get a refund.

I suppose its a gamble STH get when buying. How many moan when they get first choice of tickets for away games and cup games, discount in club shop and have the same seat week in week out?  Thats the benefits most people buy one for. Not the saving of 2 or 3 games in the season or they are just as tight as the people others are moaning about on here, no?

I think the expression \"being taken for granted\" springs to mind.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 26, 2011, 08:13:24 pm by danrover82 »
Every business in the land takes its loyal customers for granted. Football is probably the worst for it.  You will never leave your club and to move forward they have to get new fans through the gates.

I'm not saying what Rovers are doing is right or wrong but STH's do get benefits and getting bigger crowds would be better all round.

Plenty of fans have probably been to every game on a pay as you go basis through no other option financially. They dont get the same beneifts, even though they've been to same number of games. I'm sure STH wouldn't be losing sleep over them.  

No matter what the club does, some people will always lose out and the club will potentially alienate fans.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 26, 2011, 08:27:43 pm by hoolahoop »
Mortgage loans are often offered at lower rates than those available to existing customers this is no different as an analogy.............WE NEED MORE STH's NOT LESS.
See the product and you may well buy it has to be the way forward ; notwithstanding an obvious need to enhance the product.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2011, 07:08:56 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"danrover82\" post=153615
Every business in the land takes its loyal customers for granted. Football is probably the worst for it.  You will never leave your club and to move forward they have to get new fans through the gates.

I'm not saying what Rovers are doing is right or wrong but STH's do get benefits and getting bigger crowds would be better all round.

Plenty of fans have probably been to every game on a pay as you go basis through no other option financially. They dont get the same beneifts, even though they've been to same number of games. I'm sure STH wouldn't be losing sleep over them.  

No matter what the club does, some people will always lose out and the club will potentially alienate fans.

Apart from the banks any company who takes its loyal customers for granted is only heading one way. I think you will find in business your most important customers are the ones you already have. Any company that sets its sights purely on obtaining new business and ignores its core business are fools.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 27, 2011, 08:41:04 am by bobjimwilly »
I'm a loyal season ticket holder - how come I don't feel hard done by? :blink:

I get to see every home game at, on average over the season, a cheaper rate than non-sth's.
I don't have to queue on a match day and get to keep the same seat every game
I get priority on tickets for cup games and away games
I get 10% off in the club shop.
And this season we have also been able to get money off tickets for our non-sth friends for certain games.
and if I recommend a friend I can earn half the cost of their season ticket back!

really, how are we being hard done by?

:headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 27, 2011, 09:27:21 am by Filo »
My point in this thread is, STH`s holders pay their money up front before the offers come along, you`ve paid your money, thats the chance you take. Likewise the people that paid for their ticket also took their chance before the freebie offer came along, why should they be treated differently to STH`s? why are they looked after?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 27, 2011, 09:39:07 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=153689
My point in this thread is, STH`s holders pay their money up front before the offers come along, you`ve paid your money, thats the chance you take. Likewise the people that paid for their ticket also took their chance before the freebie offer came along, why should they be treated differently to STH`s? why are they looked after?

Don't be such an ungrateful git and stop bloody moaning.

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 27, 2011, 09:57:40 am by jmt »
You pay your money upfront and you get to guarantee your seat next to your family or friends, that's a bigger thing than saving a few quid, in my view. I really do not understand these so called \"fans\" if you had a business that was struggling you would try anything to promote, get more interest in your product,we need more fans, and John and the board are trying all they can to do this!:headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 27, 2011, 10:01:36 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153694

:thumbsup:

I`m not moaning, just pointing out that the people that bought tickets for that game before the freebie offer should not have got a refund, just like STH`s never got a refund. Like I`ve said before I have n`t got a problem with the offers, I paid my money and I took my chance, just like these people did, the only difference is my chance cost me 400 odd quid and the people that bought a ticket for this game`s chance cost 20 odd quid

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 27, 2011, 10:05:58 am by Wellred »
You have got a pm

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 27, 2011, 10:12:32 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=153698
You have got a pm

replied

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 27, 2011, 10:21:26 am by benaldo »

Careful, don't upset the know-it-alls on here by suggesting you have a valid opinion.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 27, 2011, 10:24:26 am by Wellred »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=153702

Careful, don't upset the know-it-alls on here by suggesting you have a valid opinion.

Ahh but that very much depends on the valid opinion. If it is not agreeable to the happy clappers then I'm afraid that opinion is not valid. It is not an opinion it is a negative comment.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 27, 2011, 10:30:30 am by benaldo »
I sometimes weep softly into my pillow at night at the blinkered views of some of the happy clappers on here. It's like a bad episode of Star Trek with the Borg landing in Doncaster and hoovering up the south stand en mass to shouts of \"Geddddiiittt Daaaaarrrrrnnnnnn\", then returning them all mumbling \"Rovers Good.....everyone else bad.........no say the bad words about the Rovers being run like the Phoenix club\".

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 27, 2011, 11:23:29 am by Thinwhiteduke »
There should be no refund to anyone who paid in advance of the offer.

All it does it state some who paid in advance can have their money back, whilst other who did the same (Season Ticket Holders) can not.

One rule for some one rule for others.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2011, 12:04:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
I disagree. Season tickets are a totally difference kettle of fish I'm afraid. And, if that policy was in place, how on earth would you calculate how much a season ticket holder should be refunded?

Any season ticket holders who think the club should not give out refunds in this situation are being both blinkered and selfish IMO.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2011, 12:08:46 pm by Filo »
Blinkered and selfish I am then!

Those people that bought a ticket in advance were obviously happy to pay for their ticket, just like a season ticket holder was, I don`t see the difference, apart from the amount of money paid out!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2011, 12:09:47 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=153724
I disagree. Season tickets are a totally difference kettle of fish I'm afraid. And, if that policy was in place, how on earth would you calculate how much a season ticket holder should be refunded?

Any season ticket holders who think the club should not give out refunds in this situation are being both blinkered and selfish IMO.

There isn't a policy in place though is there. These decisions seem to be made willy nilly.
If you really stop and think about it. It is you who is being blinkered. As a matter of interest are you a season ticket holder?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2011, 12:10:59 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"bobjimwilly\" post=153724

I`m not saying a STH should be refunded, I`m saying that the people that paid for a ticket in advance of the offer should n`t be refunded, they were happy to pay in the first place!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012