Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 02:03:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR on RS this morning re players  (Read 5868 times)

podrover73

• Forum Member
JR on RS this morning re players
« on May 16, 2011, 02:13:33 pm by podrover73 »
Not seen any mention on here but JR was on RS this morning talking about the possibility of bringing in about six players for next season.
Mentioned that Sean has been over to France to look at an Algerian guy, not sure if he is a defender.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: JR on RS this morning re players
« Reply #1 on May 16, 2011, 02:32:00 pm by wing commander »
He pops abroad to look at players every close season,remember those spanish lads he looked at the other year.We never sign them though..I suspect he needs to top up his duty free's..:->

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 16, 2011, 02:33:00 pm by Wellred »
Well if he has I hope we have done our homework this time and not brought someone over to play in a friendly and then find out we cannot sign him as he wouldn't get a work permit!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 16, 2011, 02:40:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
SOD also attended the Bournemouth v Huddersfield game on Saturday.  Donal Mcdermott anyone?  Free transfer and looked very good.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 16, 2011, 02:42:22 pm by The L J Monk »
Quote from: \"podrover73\" post=156852
Not seen any mention on here but JR was on RS this morning talking about the possibility of bringing in about six players for next season.
Mentioned that Sean has been over to France to look at an Algerian guy, not sure if he is a defender.

Does he wear a chapeau?

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 16, 2011, 02:53:19 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=156857
SOD also attended the Bournemouth v Huddersfield game on Saturday.  Donal Mcdermott anyone?  Free transfer and looked very good.

Much rather have Danny Ings.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 16, 2011, 03:12:48 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=156854
He pops abroad to look at players every close season,remember those spanish lads he looked at the other year.We never sign them though..I suspect he needs to top up his duty free's..:->

Thats what I thought when I read it,Scandinavia,Slovenia or serbia or wherever it was.Maybe it's his annual freebie Busman's holiday.I would'nt blame him.France this year?:)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 16, 2011, 03:15:32 pm by Drover »

That makes perfect sense,have a look at what the best of this seasons League one have to offer and then maybe visit a few family and old friends then off on a ferry to the frogs to do some scouting.:)

Or in the reverse order,France scouting first,Play-offs and family after.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 16, 2011, 03:19:43 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
He wants to look closer to home alot of Sheff U and Dingle players with all the problems they have financially would jump at the chance to play for us.

Most are local so would not have to change location another massive bonus.

Quote from: \"podrover73\" post=156852

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 16, 2011, 04:04:41 pm by Drover »
Sadly,even with the talk of Barnsley cutting the wage budget and Sheff utd already have cut their cloth(from what they have been used to),we still would struggle to offer their players more than what they are currently on.Look how much the club had to pull out the stops to get Billy and Shackell being offered Silly money?Having said that I wonder which of their players might have contracts up soon?I would be interested in Shackell obviously,Montgomery,Henderson(local lad and seems to be the type of player we lack that could give us another option up front)+Stephen Quinn.And I wonder where Bogdanovich will end up?we thought Akinfewa was a nomad,he has average nearly 1 yr a club?Would'nt say no but he a traveller and might end up getting nothing for him if he went on a good run with us.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 16, 2011, 04:39:53 pm by graingrover »
Blades carry a £12 million p.a wage bill into League one with them !!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 16, 2011, 04:47:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Also said Sean was looking at keeping Stevie Brooker on some sort of \"pay as you play\" contrct

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 16, 2011, 05:02:47 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=156859

While we're at it don't Bournemouth have a highly rated left back who is out of contract and attracting Championship interest, Wiggins?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 16, 2011, 06:12:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
It must be time for season ticket renewals. I've heard all this somewhere before?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 16, 2011, 06:47:58 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"Dagenham.Rover\" post=156873
Also said Sean was looking at keeping Stevie Brooker on some sort of \"pay as you play\" contrct

Im pleased at that,I suggested it a couple of weeks ago on here.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 16, 2011, 07:00:14 pm by RedJ »
I'm also pleased at that. I think he deserves a final chance, and I feel this is the best way to be fair to player and club.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 16, 2011, 07:00:56 pm by benaldo »

Brooker will be broke by the end of next season then.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 16, 2011, 07:15:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I think its a damn good idea, no great risk to the club whilst giving us another option,also giving Steve a chance to prove his fitness to us or any other interested party

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 16, 2011, 08:19:13 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=156885

Brooker will be broke by the end of next season then.

Don't know about broke, there's a chance he'll be malnourished.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 17, 2011, 12:08:16 am by Standanista »
I hope Brooker does well next year, but I'm more worried about SOD. Has nobody told him that there's no duty free these days between Dover and France?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 17, 2011, 01:54:03 pm by jonnydog »
Todays news blows the Brooker thing out of the water. But I am pleased to hear a possible 6 players coming in, think its about time (if it happens).

Come on then, who would be everyones 6 to bring in, who are within out budget/wage bill?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 17, 2011, 01:59:44 pm by Superspy »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=157025

Come on then, who would be everyones 6 to bring in, who are within out budget/wage bill?

Are those 2 terms mutually exclusive? :laugh:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 17, 2011, 02:03:02 pm by wing commander »
I would try and bring in Kilkenny for one,if Cardiff go up i would maybe make a cheeky enquiry to Koumas,also have a look at Mirfin from Scunny..Adam Rooney is a good shout for a enquiry..Then i would be looking for defenders but havent got much of a clue there,and after this season neither have rovers.lol

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 17, 2011, 06:16:49 pm by TheRev »
A guy I work with in Derby is James Hanson's uncle (Bradford City).
Allegedly he's been approached by us, Hamilton (must be a red and white hoops fetish) and a couple of league 1 sides.
All Bradford's players are for sale according to this guy and we have been in touch.....

A struggling league 2 side to the Championship anyone?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 17, 2011, 06:23:34 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"TheRev\" post=157063
A guy I work with in Derby is James Hanson's uncle (Bradford City).
Allegedly he's been approached by us, Hamilton (must be a red and white hoops fetish) and a couple of league 1 sides.
All Bradford's players are for sale according to this guy and we have been in touch.....

A struggling league 2 side to the Championship anyone?

been reading in todays local newspaper that Bristol city's player of the season is Albert Adamoah 'captured in the last season from struggling League 2 side Barnet.....' and now trying to get into the Ghanaian national team

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 17, 2011, 07:11:25 pm by benaldo »
LeFondre has been knocking them in this season for fun. Also, how about Kilgallon? He's miles better than any centre back we've got...but not worth 2 million quid! A fit Nicky Maynard would be a half decent replacement for Sharp if he went for good money.
Other than that, perhaps 6 good players. I doubt that's what Rovers will end up with though due to a tight budget. It's such a shame that greedy footballers have ruined football with their stupid wage demands or else most players in the championship would probably give Rovers a look - for the way SOD tries to get the team to play and develops players (well, some of them). Bloody FIFA!! I can't wait until Platini gets in and then introduces a wages cap system.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 17, 2011, 07:23:33 pm by esdailles left foot »
Quote from: \"Kenny_Senior\" post=156859

as long as he's under 5'8\" or he won't fit the mould

herouk87

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 17, 2011, 09:17:30 pm by herouk87 »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=157073
A fit Nicky Maynard would be a half decent replacement for Sharp if he went for good money.

And i suppose we can get Matt Mills back to replace Sam Hird if he goes soon

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 17, 2011, 10:42:59 pm by Viking Don »
And Wellens is coming back to replace Wilson.

EDIT: If we can sell him for decent money like.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 18, 2011, 05:19:20 am by idler »
I live near to where Hanson lives. No thanks, some of his alleged drinking habits miight not go down well with SOD. He's also been known to have mysterious injuries preventing him playing/training.:(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012