Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:26:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wednesday fans spitefull  (Read 3194 times)

Yargo

• Forum Member
Wednesday fans spitefull
« on June 22, 2011, 10:26:41 am by Yargo »
Or just ignorant

Edit by user 21 Jun 22:30  http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=151738

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Yargo

• Forum Member
Re: Wednesday fans spitefull
« Reply #1 on June 22, 2011, 10:29:30 am by Yargo »
Well that link didnt work,delete it please

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 22, 2011, 10:57:11 am by hoolahoop »
I've read the topic basically they would like to see us fail, we're a 'jumped up' club without fans, we're going down, we have a gobby Chairman etc...........bloody pathetic .
Oh nearly forgot both our fans and Chairman think we are better than them.
WE ARE of course now grow some Owls.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 22, 2011, 11:18:28 am by MachoMadness »
Which board is the topic on? And what's it called? Could use a good laugh!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 22, 2011, 11:34:31 am by jucyberry »
Reading the thread, it doesn't seem to me to be much different to any thread on any forum about any close rival team.. We have all read threads that sound similar, it is in man's nature to gloat at anothers misfortunes especially if he isn't doing so well himself..

Not everyone was biased, there are a couple of fair minded posts but the main bone of contention seems to be because of JR's comments, not about the team its'self..

After all, isn't this something that could have so easily have been written by Norfolk for instance? I have read him saying it more than once.

''The thing is about attendances is it's nothing to do with being big headed or arrogant. It's just a fact that the support for Rovers is atrocious. They've never had it so good, and they can't be arsed. As a town, Doncaster isn't interested. They don't even have the excuse that they're a small town. Isn't Doncaster the largest town not to be a City in the UK? Or something like that?''

Let them get it out of their system and turn the other cheek.... It's not as if we have to deal with them this season is it?

P.s, there is no smiley face because I'm not mean enough to gloat at anothers misfortunes..(I'm not a man haha).

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 22, 2011, 11:40:18 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"jucyberry\" post=162854
'The thing is about attendances is it's nothing to do with being big headed or arrogant. It's just a fact that the support for Rovers is atrocious. They've never had it so good, and they can't be arsed. As a town, Doncaster isn't interested. They don't even have the excuse that they're a small town. Isn't Doncaster the largest town not to be a City in the UK? Or something like that?'

Just under 290,000 people in the boro, If 5% were fans who came week in week out, we'd get gates of 14,500, a man can dream.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 22, 2011, 11:47:29 am by rtid88 »
The lack of support in the town is horrendous really!! I know we are going through a bad time as a town and people are struggling but I cannot believe that out of that 290,000 we cannot get another 5-6,000 down at the ground. I bet there are nearly as many Rovers exiles that come to a game now then local residents.

The way we are going I will be suprised if JR will even bother forking up the money in a year or two and I am sure if he went he would be soon followed by the keepmoat 2!!

I myself nearly did not get a season ticket for the coming season due to money troubles but in the end I could not resist and was down at the ground on Saturday to pay up for another season!!

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 22, 2011, 11:50:09 am by jucyberry »
I know if I lived up there and could afford to I would come to evry home game, and bring Ty with me too. But I don't and I can't lol.

Sadly I think there is more chance of finding the Holy Grail under the old pop stand at Belle Vue than there is of suddenly an extra 4k of Doncastrians suddenly realising what they are missing.

Unfortunately, try as  hard as he might JR is no Kevin Costner, and whilst it might be for the loyal, the Keepmoat is no field of dreams for the masses.

I can totally understand his frustration.

Seems to me that as has been said a thousand times before it's the little ones that need cultivating.. I would have thought that most adults in the area are blase now because all the drama is over the ashes have blown away and the pheonix has been risen for a good few years...Rockets up bums aside there is nothing as dificult to combat as shere apathy.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 22, 2011, 11:55:10 am by Drover »
Alot of the Wendies fans I've spoken to over recent seasons during our fixtures have been very complimentary of us and often admit they are currently a poorly  run club,the same cannot be said about the Blunt fans i've met,most of them are very arrogant and have recently gone into hiding in the woodwork.It's all good banter and The thread maybe a good chance to goad them particularly jealous fans.:laugh:

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 22, 2011, 12:05:03 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"Drover\" post=162859
Alot of the Wendies fans I've spoken to over recent seasons during our fixtures have been very complimentary of us and often admit they are currently a poorly  run club,the same cannot be said about the Blunt fans i've met,most of them are very arrogant and have recently gone into hiding in the woodwork.It's all good banter and The thread maybe a good chance to goad them particularly jealous fans.:laugh:

Certainly a strange one, for me it was the complete opposite, all the blades fans i know were obviously pissed off at relagation but said good luck to the rovers, whereas the Sheff W fans i know were bitter when they got relagated, but like you said its all part of the banter. :thumbsup:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 22, 2011, 12:21:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Doncaster has more than its share of sporting activities that distract potential football followers. What other town has a Championship football team, a professional Rugby league team, an ever expanding Rugby Union team, a top flight ladies football team, AND a  world class racecourse?
Not to mention one of the most famous and popular venues for pub life in the country, a centre of excellence for travelling revellers from all over the country....including Sheffield.
This alone is a massive distraction, and a cash exhausting pastime for thousands of potential local football fans.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 22, 2011, 12:25:10 pm by RedJ »
Monday, Tuesday, who the f**k are Wednesday?

They can be spiteful bas**rds. Of course there's a lot of people that always want the little guy to succeed in a fairy tale type manner, but then there's always people wanting them to fail. T'fowls fall into the second category in this case.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 22, 2011, 12:27:10 pm by vaya »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=162856
Quote from: \"jucyberry\" post=162854
'The thing is about attendances is it's nothing to do with being big headed or arrogant. It's just a fact that the support for Rovers is atrocious. They've never had it so good, and they can't be arsed. As a town, Doncaster isn't interested. They don't even have the excuse that they're a small town. Isn't Doncaster the largest town not to be a City in the UK? Or something like that?'

Just under 290,000 people in the boro, If 5% were fans who came week in week out, we'd get gates of 14,500, a man can dream.

It's 290,000 in the Borough, but in the Venn Diagram world of football a fair proportion of these fall into the catchment areas for historically bigger clubs (emphasis on historically) which is one of the major issues the club has to tackle.

A fair proportion don't fall into nominal catchment areas, but still 'support' other teams, usually whichever Premiership shirt they've decided to get up off their fat feckless Sky-watching backsides to purchase this year.

These people should treated like the Elephant Man in all public places. Soon put a stop to that.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2011, 12:28:45 pm by deebee »
Thats the answer then JR and the KM 2 should buy all the pubs in the town and shut them.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 22, 2011, 12:35:36 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"deebee\" post=162867
Thats the answer then JR and the KM 2 should buy all the pubs in the town and shut them.

Especially the Drum and the other one in Bentley that's always full of Leeds fans when Donny play them (the name escapes me)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 22, 2011, 12:45:20 pm by MachoMadness »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162865

They can be spiteful bas**rds. Of course there's a lot of people that always want the little guy to succeed in a fairy tale type manner, but then there's always people wanting them to fail. T'fowls fall into the second category in this case.

Because they're a historically big club now sitting in little Donny's shadow. It was a bit like United fans this season. They always rooted for us until it emerged we were better than them, then the \"tinpot club\" stuff was being thrown about, usual crap about attendances, my dad's bigger than your dad etc.

If the Owls and the Blades were in the Prem next season, we'd be their 2nd favourite team, no doubt about that.

As far as our own attendance, we're just never going to realistically compete. We're lucky in a sense that we've been so astutely run to compensate for our lack of support. If we can maintain this level, it's going to rise, but until the next generation of fans start coming through we're probably going to have to make do with what we've got.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 22, 2011, 12:50:24 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"MachoMadness\" post=162879
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162865

Because they're a historically big club now sitting in little Donny's shadow. It was a bit like United fans this season. They always rooted for us until it emerged we were better than them, then the \"tinpot club\" stuff was being thrown about, usual crap about attendances, my dad's bigger than your dad etc.

If the Owls and the Blades were in the Prem next season, we'd be their 2nd favourite team, no doubt about that.

As far as our own attendance, we're just never going to realistically compete. We're lucky in a sense that we've been so astutely run to compensate for our lack of support. If we can maintain this level, it's going to rise, but until the next generation of fans start coming through we're probably going to have to make do with what we've got.

Emphasis on \"historically\", as was said before. Funny how United came to dislike us so quickly, and funny how when they tried to create a rivalry with us around Christmas time nobody on this end of the M18 gave a shit :laugh:

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 22, 2011, 02:15:06 pm by Yargo »
Sorted out the link,its now directing to their site that contains the story or

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=151738

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #18 on June 22, 2011, 02:18:48 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
:perhaps our crowds are low coz folk are bored of ths stuck record. Cant this discussion be held on the leeds and sheffield forums instead where at least they will get the pleasure of feeling auperior. Seriousley this is so boring and detracts from us  enjoying the clubs achievments.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 22, 2011, 02:26:37 pm by RedJ »
Reading that thread really wound me up. And THAT'S why I hate the local clubs - all think we don't belong here. Maybe we don't historically, with us generally being a 3rd and 4th tier side, but obviously we are good enough considering the fact that... hmm.. which of the 4 main South Yorkshire clubs are in League One? Oh, the Sheffield ones. Really hate fans who think the way displayed on their thread.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 22, 2011, 02:44:31 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Can't believe some of you are getting your knickers in a twist over this kind of rubbish. Who cares what fans of other clubs think of us. We're in this division because we've earned the promotions to get here and we've been good enough to stay up every season - not because of how many floating bobbies we can get into the stadium each week.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 22, 2011, 03:00:21 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162874

Especially the Drum and the other one in Bentley that's always full of Leeds fans when Donny play them (the name escapes me)

Bay Horse?

Its almost as bad as Bentley Colliery Cricket Club (Jet), where they only pack the place out when either Leeds or Man Utd are on the SKY screen.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 22, 2011, 03:01:45 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=162915
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162874

Bay Horse?

Its almost as bad as Bentley Colliery Cricket Club (Jet), where they only pack the place out when either Leeds or Man Utd are on the SKY screen.

That's the one!

I miss the days when you had to support your local side cos it was the only way you'd see football.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 22, 2011, 05:57:54 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162906
..... which of the 4 main South Yorkshire clubs are in League One? Oh, the Sheffield ones. Really hate fans who think the way displayed on their thread.

And you're doing exactly the same there mate :angry: Its about time Armthorpe were taken seriously.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 22, 2011, 06:12:50 pm by MachoMadness »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162882

Emphasis on \"historically\", as was said before. Funny how United came to dislike us so quickly, and funny how when they tried to create a rivalry with us around Christmas time nobody on this end of the M18 gave a shit :laugh:

I just remember how the Blades fans were proud as punch to get a lucky 97th minute draw against little tinpot Donny Rovers in the new year. That tells its own story, I think. They can posture all they want, but Wednesday and United would kill to have just one of our first team.

We're here on merit, and they're there on merit (or lack thereof). Our underdog status made us beloved, now we've shaken off that tag the so-called \"big clubs\" don't like it. I personally don't see how Wednesday of all clubs can claim to be sleeping giants anymore, they haven't been in the Prem in over a flippin' decade.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 22, 2011, 06:37:25 pm by graingrover »
amaziiiiiiiiiiing that there are so many posts under that thread ... poor sods .. they really have bitten the dust!

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 22, 2011, 06:43:34 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=162906
which of the 4 main South Yorkshire clubs are in League One? Oh, the Sheffield ones.

As I said to my Millers-fan mate Firthy the year we came up, \"It's gonna be great, all 4 main South Yorkshire clubs in the second flight!\"

(\"Let's all laugh at Rotherham!\": :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

;)

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 22, 2011, 06:59:04 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"graingrover\" post=162974
amaziiiiiiiiiiing that there are so many posts under that thread ... poor sods .. they really have bitten the dust!

I think it's great, 5 years ago a topic on Donny would never have got such a reaction.  Shows we're getting their backs up, must be doing something right!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 22, 2011, 07:14:17 pm by RedJ »
This is starting to become a joke thread :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012