Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:08:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SUPPORTERS CLUB AGM  (Read 3267 times)

retford rover

• VSC Member
SUPPORTERS CLUB AGM
« on July 20, 2011, 06:26:25 am by retford rover »
Just a reminder that the Supporters Club have their AGM  this Thursday night, at the Earl of Doncaster. Bennetthorpe  Doncaster  7.30  all fans are welcome.
Sean O Driscoll and dave Morris coming along
we will be presenting a cheque for £5000  towards new heart monitors for the players.
come along and see what Sean has to say,  question and answer session follows main formal part of meeting
:)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: SUPPORTERS CLUB AGM
« Reply #1 on July 20, 2011, 08:50:23 am by silent majority »
Paul, I'll be there, let me know if you need anything.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 20, 2011, 10:04:03 pm by retford rover »
cheers mate
all fans welcome

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 20, 2011, 10:59:24 pm by Wokingviking »
Paul, don't the supporters need heart monitors more than the players?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 21, 2011, 04:46:38 pm by Al4475 »
Mrs4475 and me'll be there - do we need to show VSC/Alliance membership or owt to get in?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 22, 2011, 09:49:23 am by roversontheup »
I couldn't get to the mtg last night.  Anyone got an update of key info please?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 22, 2011, 11:08:05 am by graingrover »
I don' think the Supporters' club and Vikings are the same thing at all so I guess you will need your Supporters' club membership card.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 22, 2011, 11:57:44 am by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"roversontheup\" post=169391

Odriscol kind of said everything that's been on here last few days
I.e the French cb probally won't sign due to language
Vine probally will on loan as qpr willing to pay everything

There were some interesting bits
Joe murphy we lost him due to wage demands
Sharp can go for 3.25 million as we already accepted that from saints (I was sure jr said it would have to be over £5m)
No chance of us signing mills even though he wants to come
He handed a list of players he wanted and none were signed
He would lack clarity in the direction of the club between him and board

I think that was about it
It was same old Sean very smart and articulate
But he did seem to really labour on the point about knowing where the club was going which concerned me
As I wonder based also on his comments a couple of weeks ago if there is a problem between him and board regarding not been given full picture. Ie they were able to find money for matt killgalon when Sean was told there was no money

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 22, 2011, 12:07:30 pm by DRFC-PERKINS »
Quote from: \"yapper1901\" post=169412

Sharp can go for 3.25 million as we already accepted that from saints (I was sure jr said it would have to be over £5m)

But he did seem to really labour on the point about knowing where the club was going which concerned me
As I wonder based also on his comments a couple of weeks ago if there is a problem between him and board regarding not been given full picture. Ie they were able to find money for matt killgalon when Sean was told there was no money

This is quite concerning, I thought JR and SOD had a good relationship? Maybe its the beginning of the end?

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 22, 2011, 12:10:38 pm by mutleyrover »
Not signing the French CB because of the language barrier seems a little amateur to me.  Surely he will soon pick up the language if he is a good enough player to imnprove our team.

Time for the board to give Sean the clarity on the direction the club is going. Its clear to all that disappointing season ticket sales make it difficult for the club to move forward.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 22, 2011, 12:52:09 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=169414
Not signing the French CB because of the language barrier seems a little amateur to me.  Surely he will soon pick up the language if he is a good enough player to imnprove our team.

Time for the board to give Sean the clarity on the direction the club is going. Its clear to all that disappointing season ticket sales make it difficult for the club to move forward.

I don't think Sean is too bothered how much he has. I think it's more to do with actually Boeing what he has got and it being final. Rather than signing x player then finding out there is more money and he could have signed y player

Regarding French kid totally agree but Sean was pretty adamant even though he sees him as a great player for future

Chrisd_123

« Reply #11 on July 22, 2011, 01:27:06 pm by Chrisd_123 »
I'm really getting fed up of these stupid decisions SOD makes. What on earth did they go scouting abroad for, and then invite a player on trial, and then let him stay for nearlly a month to realise \"oh he can't speak English\"?
If he's a good player, he's a good player, end of. Language is hardly gonna make much of a difference, i'm pretty sure he'd learn the basics fairly quickly.
God help the Premiership team who ever takes a punt of taking SOD.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 22, 2011, 02:47:02 pm by Wellred »
How dare you criticise GOD sorry SOD.
Aren't we supposed to trust him?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 22, 2011, 03:09:23 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Chrisd_123\" post=169441
I'm really getting fed up of these stupid decisions SOD makes. What on earth did they go scouting abroad for, and then invite a player on trial, and then let him stay for nearlly a month to realise \"oh he can't speak English\"?
If he's a good player, he's a good player, end of. Language is hardly gonna make much of a difference, i'm pretty sure he'd learn the basics fairly quickly.
God help the Premiership team who ever takes a punt of taking SOD.

He did explain himself a little better than that. He said the main difficulty was in dealing with him in training and that its almost impossible to communicate at all. In a game situation he's fine but he can't get a tactical situation over to him at all.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 22, 2011, 05:24:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anything else of significance said from Dave Morris?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 22, 2011, 05:32:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
Dashing Dave was very happy with the new polystyrene cups he bought for the water cooler in his office.  That was about it.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 22, 2011, 05:36:28 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sean's point don't exactly inspire confidence does it?

Language barrier did not stop us signing Jimmy O'Connor did it? I mean, he's a Brummie.

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 22, 2011, 06:33:20 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"DonnyBazR0ver\" post=169476
Anything else of significance said from Dave Morris?

Never really got asked any questions. I think people have learned he just talks sh*t
The only thing of note was he expects some news on keep moat after the west life concert. As he is under the impression the concert has been a massive loss money wise

He also said season tickets are down 8% on last year. But most clubs are down 18%
A question was asked if the 8% is actually a real figure when you take into account the scout scheme
Ie if we are giving tickets away half price are we not down slot more. But he just said he won't have that info till start of season
He did seem to give the impression that scout thing would run next year and also the spread payment would as it's been a great success

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 22, 2011, 07:27:07 pm by DonnyEl »

No chance of us signing mills even though he wants to comeHe handed a list of players he wanted and none were signed

Wonder why, if he wants to come, is the budget that stretched? or are Saints playing hardball due to the Billy situation. Or maybe we're waiting to get him on a free next summer. Would certainly provide cover if nothing else

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 22, 2011, 10:24:11 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Saints have been a bunch of donkeys over Simon Gillet as well so I reckon they are just trying to make anything as awkward as possible and get as much out of it as possible and not just with us

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 22, 2011, 10:30:15 pm by yapper1901 »
Quote from: \"DonnyEl\" post=169492

No chance of us signing mills even though he wants to comeHe handed a list of players he wanted and none were signed

Wonder why, if he wants to come, is the budget that stretched? or are Saints playing hardball due to the Billy situation. Or maybe we're waiting to get him on a free next summer. Would certainly provide cover if nothing else

Sod says it's all down to budget. I think he could have got him for nought (he didn't say that but gave that impression) but he said he wouldn't play every game and we havnt got the budget to have him develop with us signing spurr

I got the distinct impression he believes he has back up in the squad already and due to him having such a limited budget
He would only sign guarentee first team players. Unless Its like Bennett who he got on cheap wages

yapper1901

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 22, 2011, 10:34:38 pm by yapper1901 »
One more dave Morris point
On the point of matt mills sell on fee he was asked if it would be given too Sean
Now he didn't answer it fully but he kind off said Sean had his budget before the matt was sold and I can only guess
This money will be used to make the short fall of the season tickets up

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 24, 2011, 11:27:28 am by graingrover »
Interestingly nothing changes whatever business you are Managing ( professionally) . If you do not have a 3-5 year Plan ... either nobody knows where he wants to go or everybody thinks the business should be going somewhere else. How can Millionbaires who have made their money through business not demand their football clubs be run along professional lines too... including planning for the future in a professional way?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 24, 2011, 09:25:24 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"mutleyrover\" post=169414

Not the first time regarding a foreign player,remember that blonde forward built like a brickhouse from Europe somewhere,did'nt sean go and watch him and invite him over for trials and expected to sign in Jan window,only to say they found out we could'nt sign him because he was still contracted to another club?
Maybe it's Sod's way of getting an all expenses paid trip abroad once in a while.:laugh:

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 24, 2011, 09:39:05 pm by Drover »
Quote from: \"DRFC-PERKINS\" post=169413

This is quite concerning, I thought JR and SOD had a good relationship? Maybe its the beginning of the end?

Cannot help wondering if thats why SOD never used Kilgallon much?to make a point to the board?If you don't give the money when I tell you the targets I want but you have later then,its likely to be going to be less useful?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012