Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 08:57:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bryan Vaughan RIP  (Read 3475 times)

retford rover

• VSC Member
Bryan Vaughan RIP
« on July 28, 2011, 11:45:24 pm by retford rover »
With the site being down last night, could not post about the sad news, that we have lost another Rovers family member.
Bryan or Vaughany  to all who new him, from Armthorpe was a well known face on the away terraces with his son Darren,
 and travelled  on the Retford Supporters coach to away games for well over 20 years.
His flame coloured hair, only matched by his colourful language made him stand out, but the man was Rovers through and through, and we were proud to call him a good friend.
Despite his recent ill health, Bryan managed to make it up to Carlisle on Saturday, sadly this was to be his last match.
We will miss his cries of \"lets be having you\" in the service stations around the country, when it was time for the coaches to depart.
Our thoughts are with Bryans family and friends. the bus will be a different place without you mate.
God Bless    Rovers till the End. RIP

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Bryan Vaughan RIP
« Reply #1 on July 28, 2011, 11:56:23 pm by RedJ »
Can't say I knew him personally but a lovely bloke by all accounts.

My respects to the family.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 29, 2011, 12:39:01 am by VivaRovers »
Christ... as a former Retford Branch member and bus traveller, that is sad news.

Think you've got him to a tee there Paul, a definite Rovers' 'character'.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 29, 2011, 05:53:03 am by roversdude »
Sad news I used to work with Bry at Markham... gutted
thoughts are with family

Rcb2366

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 29, 2011, 11:10:09 am by Rcb2366 »
sad news, he always mixed mine and my brothers names up.

r.i.p bri

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 29, 2011, 11:26:41 am by Sheepskin Stu »
A genuinely nice bloke with a wicked sense of humour. Very sad news indeed.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 29, 2011, 11:43:59 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
Quote from: \"retford rover\" post=170541
With the site being down last night, could not post about the sad news, that we have lost another Rovers family member.
Bryan or Vaughany  to all who new him, from Armthorpe was a well known face on the away terraces with his son Darren,
 and travelled  on the Retford Supporters coach to away games for well over 20 years.
His flame coloured hair, only matched by his colourful language made him stand out, but the man was Rovers through and through, and we were proud to call him a good friend.
Despite his recent ill health, Bryan managed to make it up to Carlisle on Saturday, sadly this was to be his last match.
We will miss his cries of \"lets be having you\" in the service stations around the country, when it was time for the coaches to depart.
Our thoughts are with Bryans family and friends. the bus will be a different place without you mate.
God Bless    Rovers till the End. RIP

Didn't know him by name, probably know him by face.

Guessing he had ginger hair, did he have quite a reddish face?

RIP Bryan.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 29, 2011, 12:16:01 pm by inSODwetrust »
I didn't know Bryan personally, but I'm sure I stood very close to him at Belle Vue, and yes he was Rovers through and through!, And absoluteley hilarious with some of the things he came up with.

Am I right in saying he worked at The Star newsagent's in Armthorpe??

R.I.P Bryan, so very sad to hear of Rovers fans passings young and old, but hopefully this season Rovers will be just as good on the pitch as you were off it!

:scarf:

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 29, 2011, 12:53:51 pm by esdailles left foot »
Thanks everyone Bryan was my dad and everything you say was true, maybe not pc in these times but wore his heart on his sleeves and as paul says was rovers through and through. think seeing the lads trot out at wembley was one of the highlights of his life and i just know he's going to be watching every game from his own private box up there. the cremation is pencilled in for fri 5th aug at 10am at rose hill cantley then onto the social in armthorpe, everyone is more than welcome to attend RTID

Shornton

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 29, 2011, 02:06:47 pm by Shornton »
Hi, sorry for you loss.  Can i just ask did he used to work on the door at the social?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 29, 2011, 06:31:25 pm by Draytonian III »
A true Rovers character,his language may have been colourful at times but never aggressive,he use to like to \" comment / talk \" too opposition, players,ball-boys,programme sellers,etc at away grounds in his own imitable manner !!! R.I.P Vaughany

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 29, 2011, 07:44:48 pm by scuzzer »
RIP, a true gem of a Rover!

I didn't know the fella more than to recognise him and his humour but could see quite clearly that he was a hell of a character. Condolences to the family at this sad time.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 29, 2011, 10:49:31 pm by donnievic »
very sad and shocked to hear of his loss and will be sadly missed by all that knew him.wicked sense of humour as another name we had for him was bricktop (from snatch)and he wasnt afraid to say wot he thought.RIP BRY rtid

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 30, 2011, 08:09:25 am by idler »
There's not many characters about in these ultra pc days but Bryan certainly was one. You always knew
you'd see him at awy games and often hear him before you saw him and as you say he'd always have banter
and nobody was safe from his humour.
A sad loss.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 30, 2011, 01:58:12 pm by esdailles left foot »
Quote from: \"Shornton\" post=170644
Hi, sorry for you loss.  Can i just ask did he used to work on the door at the social?

he certainly did

retford rover

• VSC Member
Re: Bryan Vaughan RIP ( funeral)
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2011, 11:53:19 pm by retford rover »
I have been asked by Bryans family to let people know that the funeral was due to take place this Friday, but due to the dealy in the post mortem results, it has been put back we believe to sometime next week, i know a lot of people were hoping to attend, i will try to post when more news is known .

Capmeister

• Forum Member
Re: Bryan Vaughan RIP ( funeral)
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2011, 07:53:25 am by Capmeister »
Sorry to hear this news. Will be really odd not seeing him at the games. You just think of some people as a permament fixture at all games but particularly away from home where you tend to know more people. Can't really ever remember him ever moaning about poor performances or bad players but even if he did, he was there at the next game, come what may. To me, that's the measure of a true supporter.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012