Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:33:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yet another nutter!  (Read 2667 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Yet another nutter!
« on August 18, 2011, 04:50:27 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Another ill thought out letter to JR in Free Press - telling JR he is wrong to scrap the supporters memebership scheme and he was so upset he has joining the Scunthorpe ONE!!!

Probably another piss take but JR with his reply treated it seriously!

He reackons others from Thorne will do same ......

:byebye  K Shaw Thorne!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Yet another nutter!
« Reply #1 on August 18, 2011, 05:04:23 pm by German Rover »
Don't buy the free press till the strikes over support our local journalists, oh yeah and K Shaw you're a cock

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2011, 05:08:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Are we still in the supporters transfer window? That and the season ticket sale thread suggests so. I remember the days when you supported the same team from first match seen to last trip off the death bed. I blame Rupert Murdoch.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2011, 05:15:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Listening to radio sheff and a dingle comparing football supporting to a meal out if you dont enjoy you dont go back...

The mac D football fan only interested in success!

Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=176976
Are we still in the supporters transfer window? That and the season ticket sale thread suggests so. I remember the days when you supported the same team from first match seen to last trip off the death bed. I blame Rupert Murdoch.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2011, 05:16:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Probably written by Johnstons  because of the support from fans for the strike

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2011, 05:42:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Just sent him a response which leaves in no doubt what i think although I suspect he is mischief making!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2011, 07:42:34 pm by DRNaith »
When will the Free Press or John Ryan realise when a LUFC fan is writing in???:headbang:

King Barnes

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2011, 07:51:51 pm by King Barnes »
Free Press certainly won't - for as long as the REAL journalists are out on strike.
Sad but true.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2011, 10:43:20 am by Dimples-D »
When I read it yesterday I thought which knob head has written that. But the more I think about it, the more I think it is surely a wind up. Nobody can be that much of a knob.
Can they?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2011, 03:31:06 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=176978
Listening to radio sheff and a dingle comparing football supporting to a meal out if you dont enjoy you dont go back...

The mac D football fan only interested in success!

Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=176976

To be honest, I think that the dingle fan is right. If you don't like something you don't do it. He obviously doesn't like seeing his team playing football and getting beaten a lot. Some of us don't like seeing Rovers getting beaten a lot, but still enjoy watching the football and the afternoon \"at the footy\".

And he is right when he says it's like a meal, if you are constantly fed a shit sandwich you stop going to buy the shit sandwich. Our crowds have shown that to be the case at Rovers too. It's a balancing act - how far you're prepared to watch the team lose...against how much you enjoy watching footy at your local team.

I still think it's naive to think every Doncvaster resident should pay good money to watch a team who haven't won a league game at home since 1764. The \"supporters\" who are watching at the moment are obviously happy to do so and not too bothered by the results at the moment (Me included). People like success - you do, I do, and you can't pretend that you don't want Rovers to win the Champions League at some point, it's what we all go for, the chance that our team might win and we'll leave happy. Don't underestimate the power of winning sides to draw crowds, the days of there being naff all else to do on a saturday afternoon, thus meaning that belle vue had thousands of bored men in it, are over. Football clubs now have to fight for their fans, not the other way round.

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2011, 03:44:26 pm by en aitch »
Well - I used to have an ambition to see Rovers win at Wembley.

But, bizarrely I find myself agreeing with Benaldo.

I listened to Mr Hill on Dee Dah Heaven and I thought he talked a lot of sense about budgets and fans expectations and what, for a small club in the Championship, can be called success.

I don't like the Keepmoat, I don't like sitting at footbsll matches, I don't enjoy the \"matchday experience\" anymore. It's a lot of money to pay out if you don't like the setting - but if the team are winning the fans will return, whatever the league, and I think success for us is survival, anything more than that is a bonus.

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2011, 06:43:46 pm by BRMC_rover »
I grew up in Thorne/Browntown and knew of only 4 Rovers fans anyway. This was however back when we were having Saturday afternoons at the likes of Stalybridge and still at BV.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2011, 09:44:42 pm by jonrover »
I'd like to see Ryan show his support for the striking journalists by suspending his feature until there is a proper settlement to the dispute.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012