Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:31:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to go sean  (Read 20302 times)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Time to go sean
« Reply #180 on August 22, 2011, 12:00:06 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=178255
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=178252
Yes when he's trying to strengthen the squad, that's correct but at the minute he's trying to just get bodies in and plug gaps. If we hadn't of got these youngsters on loan we wouldn't even of had enough subs. Every player he signed in the summer improved our squad.

Keep it up fella. Everything you have written on all 9 pages and on all the various issues is bang on right.

Very true Cussy. Dicko has took all the clueless muppets to the f**king cleaners just by knowing something about the game. Very pleasing indeed.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on August 22, 2011, 12:22:24 pm by MrFrost »
So anyone who has a different opinion or isn't a SOD fan is a clueless mupppet??
I'll say it again. 3 wins in 8 months.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on August 22, 2011, 12:22:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Irish Branch\" post=178245
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=178239
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=178238
I'll
The players when fit who would come straight into the first team squad ie. 16 players would be Billy Sharp, James Hayter, Ryan Mason, Brian Stock, James Coppinger, Shelton  and Martin Woods all would have prove they are ready for the first team.

So the general concensus appears to be that the players who come back are much better than current incumbents, thats not a good position to be in. Many times SOD has said that he would only bring a player in if he was as good or better than what we have, so its still SOD at fault ( or whoever sanctions these deals). Personally i could not care less if SOD stays or goes ( by whatever means ), there is little to excite in the style of play he has always advocated, and 1 thing i know for certain is whatever the result of any match against DRFC i like being excited.

Pre season and the first game of the season Billy Sharp,James Hayter, James Coppinger and Ryan Mason were in the starting eleven al four have been injured this season so expect those four to get back in the starting eleven. Jimmy at his best is better than Dumbaye defensively so he would be back in. Now I did say 16 so Brian, Shelton and Martin would have to prove they are back to full fitness to compete with the present incumbent in their role.
So therefore Naylor , Gillet and Oster would have competition for their place in the side also Brown C, Barnes(will he still be here after 6 months) and Bennett will be also fighting for starting place. I wish now we had this competition for places.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on August 22, 2011, 12:40:05 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=178300
So anyone who has a different opinion or isn't a SOD fan is a clueless mupppet??
I'll say it again. 3 wins in 8 months.

Dry your eyes Frosty it might never happen.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on August 22, 2011, 12:54:31 pm by PACMAN »
Yawn...........................are we still talking about this??? Face facts, JR won't be sacking SOD anytime soon, even if we go down I suspect his job is safe!! We're all entitled to our opinions, right, wrong or indifferent but the only one that matters in this respect is John Ryan's, and rightly so!!:chair:

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on August 22, 2011, 01:15:15 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=178252
Yes when he's trying to strengthen the squad, that's correct but at the minute he's trying to just get bodies in and plug gaps. If we hadn't of got these youngsters on loan we wouldn't even of had enough subs. Every player he signed in the summer improved our squad.

If that is true then why did Bennett not start on Saturday, as by popular concensus he is the new \"coppinger\". Its ok saying the squad has been improved, and strangely i agree with that,but, hand on heart i cannot say SOD transfer activity pre season or since has set my heart racing.

Who ever returns to the starting 11 in due course, i doubt they are \"Streets\" better than current incumbents, therefore the problems now faced will remain ( except DRFC will have more fit bodies to call on ).

As for the 4 million it would cost to get in these \"Good\" players i go on about, will it not cost equally that amount if DRFC drop out of championship.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on August 22, 2011, 01:26:43 pm by dickos1 »
It's going to be difficult for him to set hearts racing when he has no money to spend, wouldn't you agree? Just because Bennett never started on sat doesn't mean we have 16 fit players does it? I'm not saying I agree that Bennett should of been on the bench, cos I don't but that's the managers choice and every manager in the country will make decisions that their supporters don't agree with. That's their job.
Still doesn't change the fact that without the 2 loan players we wouldn't of been able to put out a full squad.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on August 22, 2011, 03:27:41 pm by CusworthRovers »
Copps is poles apart from Bennett. Copps is more a playmaker and link player and is a SOD disciple. Kyle is all pace, raw, unorthodox at this moment in time.

Just because Copps never played doesn't mean Kyle is the natural replacement. Whilst I would like to see Kyle play, the manager must pick a team that can gel, play to our strengths and hopefully get a result. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't.

Irish Branch

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on August 22, 2011, 03:29:27 pm by Irish Branch »
Brown
  Friend  
  Hird
  Naylor
  Oster
  Spurr  
  Barnes
  Baxendale
  Bennett  
  Bouhenna      
  Dumbuya    
  Gillett
  Keegan  
  Radford  
  Sullivan
  Woods

There are the 16 players who would have been available last week, no injuries and no loanees., so why not a line up similar to this :-
                 Woods
       Hird ----Naylor----Friend
Dumbya----Baxendale----Gillett----Oster---Spurr
                 Bennett
                 Brown

Subs therefore Barnes,Keegan, Radford, Bouhenna, Sullivan.

Easy this Management game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on August 22, 2011, 04:03:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
Keegan and Bouheena were both injured thats why we did not have 16 players available hence two short term loanees.

Irish Branch

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on August 22, 2011, 05:48:40 pm by Irish Branch »
Well you are privi to information i am not Steve. I know Keegan was ok though, because i was talking to him. However that still would not alter line up, just the Subs.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on August 22, 2011, 06:00:05 pm by idler »
SOD said that he had a list of 5 players that he wanted and ended up getting none.
Maybe some or all of those coming in and we might have had a better start.
Fans only ever hear a part of what is happening at a club yet jump in with both
feet making statements. I'm not happy with our start but we were as good or better
than our opponents in the first four games. I won't be there tomorrow but I'll
certainly be there Saturday however we get on against Leeds.:scarf: .

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on August 22, 2011, 06:06:17 pm by Viking Don »
If we haven't got the funds to allow Sean to do his job then we can't moan if/when we get relegated. The lad can only do so much and almost every club with our resources gets relegated from this league, some clubs with far more resources.

Get real people, Sean has and still is doing an amazing job, and I bet other clubs are looking at him more than they are most of our players. If he had the funds we'd win the league and be in Europe in two years.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012