Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:21:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to go sean  (Read 20169 times)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Time to go sean
« on August 20, 2011, 04:09:26 pm by German Rover »
Sorry to say this but it's time for Sod to it's now 15 games since we won in the league, hanks for everything Sean but do the good thing and go

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Time to go sean
« Reply #1 on August 20, 2011, 04:16:16 pm by esdailles left foot »
This has been coming for some time now, we've done nowt since we sold mills and wellens. injuries of course are a factor but a lack of plan b from our management team is blatantly obvious.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2011, 04:17:08 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Totally agree sometimes things just need a change, a new manager with a bit of passion, and a bit more attacking minded.

djoftherovers1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2011, 04:17:24 pm by djoftherovers1 »
Totally agree sometimes things just need a change, a new manager with a bit of passion, and a bit more attacking minded.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 20, 2011, 04:18:32 pm by Chris »
If we had the money required to sack SOD and to bring in someone else then we might aswell spend that money on improving our depleted squads.

Think before you post.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 20, 2011, 04:20:21 pm by River Don »
This is all shite.

Just who would you prefer? Who could do a better job?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 20, 2011, 04:21:08 pm by RedJ »
The only person I can think of who I'd like is Tisdale, and we wouldn't get him.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 20, 2011, 04:21:30 pm by esdailles left foot »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=177472
If we had the money required to sack SOD and to bring in someone else then we might aswell spend that money on improving our depleted squads.

Think before you post.

spend money on our squad! think before you post

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 20, 2011, 04:21:46 pm by ian1973 »
Sean has a plan b unfortunately it involves going back to plan a.

Ive stopped going not only because of SOD but hes one of the main reasons.

Went to the West Ham game last week and the thing what really grates is why the hell do we have every man back at an oppostion corner?

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 20, 2011, 04:25:09 pm by redwine »
These threads really do f**k me off, even more than our current form.

I'm so glad I don't have you lot in any trench near me. First sign of trouble and you go running off, moaning and whinging. We need the Dunkirk spirit more than ever. Pull together for a common cause. Where's the pig headed defiance that you need to support your football team through thick and thin.

I'm as upset about the start we have made as anyone but what is whinging going to achieve. We have our backs to the wall but if you think like this we are done before we get on the pitch.

Funny really because I though we were all Rovers 'til we die, not Rovers 'til we have a run of defeats.

Grow some backbone and support YOUR team because this is the time they need it

I-was-there1976

« Reply #10 on August 20, 2011, 04:26:27 pm by I-was-there1976 »
Man City also have every player back at corners and  Mancini is also a dull manager with negative tactics

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 20, 2011, 04:28:20 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"esdailles left foot\" post=177480
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=177472

Think before you post.

spend money on our squad! think before you post

Erm, what?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 20, 2011, 04:29:55 pm by DonnyNoel »
He can stay for me. Dont get me wrong I'm extremely concerned by the way we ended last season and started this season but when you get rid of a manager you have to ask:

1 - Could we get someone in to get more from the current players?
2 - Could we get someone in to successfully bring in a load of new faces?

As our finances limit the answer to question 2 then I look at question 1. Are there any better managers out there who would come to this group of players and improve them? I can't think of any realistic targets with the track record of succeeding on less than a shoestring budget unless Adkins was still at Scunny. Also consider as we can't strengthen the squad we also can't radically overhaul the way we play either, which further limits the options to replace SOD.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 20, 2011, 04:30:24 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"redwine\" post=177484

I'm so glad I don't have you lot in any trench near me. First sign of trouble and you go running off, moaning and whinging. We need the Dunkirk spirit more than ever. Pull together for a common cause. Where's the pig headed defiance that you need to support your football team through thick and thin.

I'm as upset about the start we have made as anyone but what is whinging going to achieve. We have our backs to the wall but if you think like this we are done before we get on the pitch.

Funny really because I though we were all Rovers 'til we die, not Rovers 'til we have a run of defeats.

Hardly the first sign of trouble is it?

Remind me again when was the last time we actually won a league game?

Funny really because I thought we were all Rovers 'til we die? We are all Rovers 'til we die. I can't remember seeing \"We are SOD followers 'til we die?\"

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 20, 2011, 04:35:30 pm by esdailles left foot »

i've forgotten more about donny rovers than you'll ever know, like the man says we support rovers but not necesarrily o'dismal

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 20, 2011, 04:37:36 pm by redwine »
I see we have Mr Poisitivity on here (masquerading as Wellred)

To use your argument about this not being the first time we have been in trouble I agree with......I remember those days from the 60's and 70's when we had to apply for re-election to the league.

In that case we've always had trouble :)

I'm still here and will be . Whilst ever Sean is here he is a Rover and there will get my backing.

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 20, 2011, 04:42:26 pm by Rover13 »
To the person who said don't go anymore in sorry but call your self a fan win or loose it's still your team ! Why support a team to then stop going because don't like something if it be manager or because loosing

Alonzo Drake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2011, 04:43:21 pm by Alonzo Drake »
What mindless twaddle! The worst injury crisis in the club's history, and our emergency loan players expected to perform immediately in a complex system. You also forget, the top of the league was playing the bottom of the league.

One or two of the posts above are obviously inflammatory, looking for a response such as this -- but the others who are serious, why don't you go and follow Barnsley, Leeds, or the Owls and Blades, as you seem to like winning teams.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 20, 2011, 04:44:18 pm by redwine »
Quote from: \"esdailles left foot\" post=177497

i've forgotten more about donny rovers than you'll ever know, like the man says we support rovers but not necesarrily o'dismal

In that case I'll withdraw as I can't possibly compete with your massive brain and superior knowledge of all things rovers related

:laugh:

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 20, 2011, 04:45:48 pm by esdailles left foot »
Quote from: \"redwine\" post=177505
Quote from: \"esdailles left foot\" post=177497

Funny really because I though we were all Rovers 'til we die, not Rovers 'til we have a

run of defeat

well at least we agree on something

In that case I'll withdraw as I can't possibly compete with your massive brain and superior knowledge of all things rovers related

:laugh:

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 20, 2011, 04:47:27 pm by ian1973 »
Quote from: \"Rover13\" post=177502
To the person who said don't go anymore in sorry but call your self a fan win or loose it's still your team ! Why support a team to then stop going because don't like something if it be manager or because loosing

Read the post again,i said hes ONE of the main reasons finances,changes in family circumstances and work are among the others.
Because someone has a life outside DRFC doesnt make me any less of a supporter than you,and when SOD gets the sack il definetly be back.
Been watching rovers since 82 so i dont think il be changing teams any time soon do you:thumbsup:

Rover13

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 20, 2011, 04:54:28 pm by Rover13 »
Fair enough if because of money i just think it's bad that part of reason is because of manager  your  saying when Sean is out  you will defo be back But your not there to support manager your there for team regardless manager

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 20, 2011, 05:01:19 pm by ian1973 »
Quote from: \"Rover13\" post=177510
Fair enough if because of money i just think it's bad that part of reason is because of manager  your  saying when Sean is out  you will defo be back But your not there to support manager your there for team regardless manager

Sod is just the final straw why i dont go.

Think hes just far too negative think the game what convinced me was when we had to win at Cheltenham to go up and it seemed as though he sent the team out for a point not a win.
Its ok having principles to play football but it doesnt help when its costing us games.Even when weve had full squads with fit good strikers we seem to want to walk it in.
Another thing what really turned me against him was his inability to see how bad Lewis Guy was!!!!!!!!!!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 20, 2011, 05:04:29 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"redwine\" post=177499
I see we have Mr Poisitivity on here (masquerading as Wellred)

To use your argument about this not being the first time we have been in trouble I agree with......I remember those days from the 60's and 70's when we had to apply for re-election to the league.

In that case we've always had trouble :)

I'm still here and will be . Whilst ever Sean is here he is a Rover and there will get my backing.

I also remember the days in the 60's and 70's when times were bad and I am still here but unlike you I have a mind of my own and am not just a blind follower.

To use your argument of \"Whilst ever Sean is here he is a Rover and there will get my backing\"

Did you think the same when Ken Richardson was in charge? Because isn't that what you are saying?
You will back whoever is in charge at DRFC?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 20, 2011, 05:08:47 pm by StocksArmy »
We need to inject some sort of bite into our team. Far too much negativity about the place at the minute. Its like were feeling sorry for ourselves! The team is crying out for Brian Stock, JOC, Martin Woods, Sulli and I don't even have to name the other one. I think it is fair to say until we get any of these back things will just stay the same.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 20, 2011, 05:11:14 pm by rtid88 »
Plus negativity from a large percentage of the fan base!!

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 20, 2011, 05:11:47 pm by Fal »
I'm sorry but i also do agree that SOD needs to go, i have been a massive fan of his style of play and can only thank him for getting us this high in the football league pyramid but the shocking run of results this year has been ridiculous.

We are getting found out more at home and he doesn't seem to change anything? Tactics the same, losing leads because he decides to sit back and bring defenders on and he has never learned that doing that comes back to bite him in the arse.

I know i am going to get stick for my comments but at this moment i don't care..

AntoDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 20, 2011, 05:12:00 pm by AntoDRFC »

Funny, losing every week pisses me off more than these threads. . .

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 20, 2011, 05:13:38 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=177525
Plus negativity from a large percentage of the fan base!!

KEEP FIGHTING!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 20, 2011, 05:14:45 pm by hoolahoop »

Exactly, unfortunately we have too many fans (not supporters) who think that we are far bigger a club than we actually are. Grow a spine some of you please.

There are some 42 yes 42 games to go and the chance of grabbing a good % of those points when we are 'up and running' with our top players again
12 points lost  and 126 to go

No, I for one, am definitely in the SO'D is a genius gang . As for some of you whingers well tell me what you would do with the current AVAILABLE players ?

Four weeks ago you were ALL praising the work of the management and Board for possibly getting together the best squad this club has had for over 50 years ffs! :angry:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012