Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:38:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Time to go sean  (Read 20301 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Time to go sean
« Reply #30 on August 20, 2011, 05:15:27 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=177530
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=177525
Plus negativity from a large percentage of the fan base!!

KEEP FIGHTING!

and that is the problem. WE DON'T HAVE AN OUNCE OF FIGHT IN THE TEAM.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 20, 2011, 05:15:52 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"Fal\" post=177526
I'm sorry but i also do agree that SOD needs to go, i have been a massive fan of his style of play and can only thank him for getting us this high in the football league pyramid but the shocking run of results this year has been ridiculous.

We are getting found out more at home and he doesn't seem to change anything? Tactics the same, losing leads because he decides to sit back and bring defenders on and he has never learned that doing that comes back to bite him in the arse.

I know i am going to get stick for my comments but at this moment i don't care..

Fair enough but can you show me a better way? Given our means what would you do?

I'd stay with Sean.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 20, 2011, 05:19:01 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=177532
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=177530
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=177525
Plus negativity from a large percentage of the fan base!!

KEEP FIGHTING!

and that is the problem. WE DON'T HAVE AN OUNCE OF FIGHT IN THE TEAM.

Alright. Keep playing then.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 20, 2011, 05:27:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This has been coming for some time now, we've done nowt since we sold mills and wellens

Agree. Bag O Shite! Never replaced Kitchen & O'Callaghan. In fact it's been coming since Jeffrey left. I told thi'!

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 20, 2011, 05:29:36 pm by Fal »
Sean really needs to change his tactical approach to the game, as i have already stated we are getting found out too easily. We have capable players even without our star players that should be able to perform at this level.

That wasn't a dig at the players as i can see the try from them is there, but until tactics are changed i can't really see a change in results.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 20, 2011, 05:33:19 pm by rtid88 »
When will people ever get over this we have been half a team since we sold Mills and Wellens?? They are gone!! The money we got from them help to pay off some of the yearly losses the club makes every year!! Since then we have bought Billy Sharp, have got a very impressive and still learning centre back in George Friend, we have found a little diamond in Kyle Bennett and Giles Barnes will come good!! We have signed a proven championship striker in Chris Brown!!

We will come good but how many other teams in the country could cope with 11-12 players out at one time? That including several of the teams main players i.e Sharp, Copps, Stocky & JOC???

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #36 on August 20, 2011, 05:41:13 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Sod critiscised the fans last week so we deserve a pop back In a fix i dont see how juvenille loanees are going to help us out of this mess. Hes out of ideas. Neither do i see how abusing wavering fans by the die hards is going to preserve the fan base never mind build it. Footballs to expensive to tolerate this obstenate approach for much longer.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 20, 2011, 05:45:36 pm by drfcbenny625 »
I can see why people want SOD out but IMO it would be a massive mistake. He is a quality manager and I don't think there  is anyone out of a job who is guaranteed to get us winning again. It's not long ago we were fending off clubs for his services.

Unless there is someone out there who can heal injuries with a single touch

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 20, 2011, 05:46:27 pm by rtid88 »
Like I have said in other threads, who would you have rather us bring in with the money that SOD has?? We have brought in two youngsters with great promise that want to show their worth in first team football!! I would much rather us take a risk with these players then stump up thre times if not more then that and bring in players like Kilgallon like we did last season!!

northbayviking

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 20, 2011, 05:48:43 pm by northbayviking »
the season is a marathon not a sprint.
when we get players back fit - the luck will change. We have had some very tough matches to start this season with.
Our squad has not been decimated - it is much worse than that!
decimated means 1 in ten out.
we have 12 out of 24 injured!!!!
not many teams would thrive with our injuries.:S

bellevuebhoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 20, 2011, 05:51:16 pm by bellevuebhoy »
I m gutted about today's result, but was equally as gutted when I read this post, Sean s the best manager We ve ever (in my time)had , for years my missus would say about me having my  enjoyment of going to the rovers, and for years and years there , there was no enjoyment not in the watching us we were no man u we were nt even Rotherham , but the last few years (apart from the back end of last season) it s been an absolute pleasure to watch us win ,lose or draw, even the other night against forest I thought we were brilliant.  And if we do go down(which I do nt think we will) I hope Sean is still at the helm, KEEP THE FAITH

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 20, 2011, 05:51:57 pm by benaldo »
I hate this \"I'm a better fan than you because....\" b*llocks. If you pay your money and watch Rovers then you are as much of a fan as anybody else!

My personal issue is that I honestly don't think - Sharp and perhaps O'Connor aside - anyone else who's injured would come back straight into that team today. The answer to the poor results now is not the injured players, it's something else. Those players today that I watched were mostly fantastic individually, but lethally terrible in the same team together. Now that is not the problem of the players playing today, it's the problem for the manager and made by the manager.

I watched 11 Doncaster players today who easily outclassed their opposites individually in the Derby team, it was just that as a unit Doncaster were/are/have been...terrible. Not the players fault I don't think.

VikingJames

« Reply #42 on August 20, 2011, 05:54:37 pm by VikingJames »
Not going to say I agree with the OP, but I don't wholeheartedly disagree. We just seem to be going backwards, and our style of play so far this season has been so frustrating to watch. We must be the most naive football team on the planet, both going forward and defending, and when the game goes to 1-0, you just know it's game over because we haven't got ANY idea how to come back when we're chasing a game.

Yes, I am very pissed off, but wouldn't you lot be if you'd just exchanged 40 odd quid for an afternoon of boredom, frustration and misery?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 20, 2011, 05:55:41 pm by Mr1Croft »
Why am I not surprised. Now whether I agree with SOD's time is up, or part of the SOD bandwagon (which I am proud of) there are a few points people are missing.

1) To bring in a different manager would mean a great difference in tactics; therefore it would take time for this to work, look how long it took SOD to fully implement his philosophy into our football team. I wouldn't expect us to be a winning team for a long time.

2) With wages a big issue for a football team these days how many of you believe we can bring in a manager who would be happy with the current players and turn us into a winning team?

3) Season ticket sales are down year on year and year on year the directors have to put their own money into the club to level the books out. After that there isn't enough left to bring in quality players that everyone expects every transfer window. While our ticket sales remain representing a league one club; there isn't enough room for improvement.

4) The man with the choice is John Ryan; he literally worships the ground SOD walks on; he speaks highly of him to the press and at last week's AGM it was more than clear that removing SOD is not an option for the football club. I honestly think he would stand down as Chairman before giving SOD the axe.

Yes we ended last season badly, and yes we have failed to kick-start this season just yet, and although 16 games seem like a long time, 12 of those win-less games is in the past and do not count for anything now. The harsh reality is that we have played 4 and lost 4. Would you all stand by your comments if we went on to win the next 4? Because I think that is a real possibility. This season so far has been down to bad luck, but changing the management is the wrong way to go about this. The season is far from over and we still stand a chance of defeating a depleted Leeds United side this week and progressing into the next round of the cup; and that momentum might just help kick start our season against Bristol City who haven't been quick off the mark this season.

We lost with 10 men against a strong Brighton side in their new ground; lost to a team that will be in the Premier league next season and to a top 6 guaranteed Forest side. Today we faced arguably the form team of the Championship away from home and by the sounds of it we never played as bad as the scoreline suggests.

If your not going to football matches and not contributing to your team; then you really have no reason to complain, yes you are still no less a fan than I am but the club's financial state is not helped by supporters staying away and therefore extra money is not provided to build a better squad.

Keep The Faith

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 20, 2011, 05:57:07 pm by MrFrost »
I honestly believe we could lose every game this season and people would still want this clown in charge. The man has no passion, and some of his interviews are disgraceful. \"If we play like that every week and lose I'll be happy\" I'm sorry but that is b*llocks.

A change is needed, because SOD does not have the fighting mentality which we are going to need to get us out of this mess.

Looking forward to a sub 7000 attendance next Saturday also.

charledrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 20, 2011, 06:03:34 pm by charledrfc »
Nobody and I repeat NOBODY has supported the Rovers longer than me. And never have I been so depressed. People throw scorn on statistics but they are indicative.
Our players are not playing to their potential on the field and there is only ONE person responsible for that. Past achievements count for nothing.  I think SOD has lost the team.  Why persevere?  I think the time is now.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 20, 2011, 06:04:34 pm by rtid88 »
Who would you rather us have then Mr Frost?? When you look at SODs win percentage in comparison to other managers that have had long reigns at a club it is very similar, ie. John Coleman @ Accrington Stanley, John Still @ Dagenham & Redbridge, David Moyes @ Everton and is far better then Roberto Martinez's at Wigan. Can you see Dave Whelan sacking Roberto Martinez?? Can you see the chairman of Accrington & Stanley, Dagenham & Redbridge or Everton sacking their manager??

No, because they know they have got a manager that is working on a shoestring budget in comparison to other teams in their league and have done remarkably well with it!!

Yes we are in a bad place at the minute but we have 11-12 players to come back into the starting line up, we will be ok this season, we may only finish in a similar position to last season but we will be fine!!

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 20, 2011, 06:07:04 pm by FuzzyDuck »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=177594
\"If we play like that every week and lose I'll be happy\" I'm sorry but that is b*llocks.

A change is needed, because SOD does not have the fighting mentality which we are going to need to get us out of this mess.

Please listen to what the manager says in his interviews.  He did not say he would be happy if we lost every game.  He  said

\" I've got no complaints.  We can loose every game of the season if we play like that.  I can't do anymore\"

Meaning the team played very well but lost.  You can't take the word the guy say and put them together in an order that suits you.  

Oh and on the fighting mentality, 2008/09.  Bottom of the league at Christmas.  Avoided relegation (only just, we finished 14th).  Plenty of fight on show....and who was the manager?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 20, 2011, 06:13:55 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=177599
Who would you rather us have then Mr Frost?? When you look at SODs win percentage in comparison to other managers that have had long reigns at a club it is very similar, ie. John Coleman @ Accrington Stanley, John Still @ Dagenham & Redbridge, David Moyes @ Everton and is far better then Roberto Martinez's at Wigan. Can you see Dave Whelan sacking Roberto Martinez?? Can you see the chairman of Accrington & Stanley, Dagenham & Redbridge or Everton sacking their manager??

No, because they know they have got a manager that is working on a shoestring budget in comparison to other teams in their league and have done remarkably well with it!!

Yes we are in a bad place at the minute but we have 11-12 players to come back into the starting line up, we will be ok this season, we may only finish in a similar position to last season but we will be fine!!

I'm sorry but I don't agree. We do not have 11 or 12 players who are just going to come back into the line up. 3 or 4 maybe, but not 11 or 12.

The players who played today just were not interested. No motivation and no fight. That lies with the manager. And when our own manager has already resigned himself to relegation before the season has started then you have problems.

We are currently on one of the worst runs in our history. Just how much worse does it have to get before people wake up and see that a change is needed.

I'd rather see us go down fighting than sinking without a trace. SOD instills no fight or passion into the players, that much is obvious.

And as for who we would replace him with, I honestly don't know. I can't see us an attractive proposition for any manager, and here lies the problem. I reckon if we thought we could replace him, we could have done before now.

I'd like to see someone else come in but I guess it will not happen.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 20, 2011, 06:16:03 pm by rtid88 »
How has SOD already resigned himself to relegation??? Find a quote that says that exactly and I might believe you!!!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 20, 2011, 06:16:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=177610
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=177599

I'm sorry but I don't agree. We do not have 10 or 11 players who are just going to come back into the line up. 3 or 4 maybe, but not 10 or 11.

The players who played today just were not interested. No motivation and no fight. That lies with the manager. And when our own manager has already resigned himself to relegation before the season has started then you have problems.

We are currently on one of the worst runs in our history. Just how much worse does it have to get before people wake up and see that a change is needed.

I'd rather see us go down fighting than sinking without a trace. SOD instills no fight or passion into the players, that much is obvious.

And as for who we would replace him with, I honestly don't know. I can't see us an attractive proposition for any manager, and here lies the problem. I reckon if we thought we could replace him, we could have done before now.

I'd like to see someone else come in but I guess it will not happen.

I thought you'd go out fighting than sinking without trace and accepting he will stay...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 20, 2011, 06:18:50 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"charledrfc\" post=177597
Nobody and I repeat NOBODY has supported the Rovers longer than me. And never have I been so depressed. People throw scorn on statistics but they are indicative.
Our players are not playing to their potential on the field and there is only ONE person responsible for that. Past achievements count for nothing.  I think SOD has lost the team.  Why persevere?  I think the time is now.

I don't believe you can't have been more depressed than now because I certainly have. Much more depressed.

And for for me past achievements count for quite a lot.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 20, 2011, 06:21:14 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"rtid88\" post=177612
How has SOD already resigned himself to relegation??? Find a quote that says that exactly and I might believe you!!!

Listen to some of his pre season interviews. He hardly comes across as hopeful or inspiring.
Like I said, we could lose all 46 games this season and people would still be having orgasms over him.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 20, 2011, 06:23:37 pm by River Don »

The more I read this the more it f**king astounds me.

(a woman of course) so depressed? SO depressed?

We had to f**king fight to keep this club alive.

so depressed my arse.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 20, 2011, 06:24:28 pm by rtid88 »
That is Sean's personality! U will never change that, I would fully expect him to be the same if we were top of the league!

He has never actually said we will go down though has he??...... no did not think so!!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 20, 2011, 06:44:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
For me today had the first sign of the team not doing what sod wants. I can take it when they put effort in and play half decent. Today, none of that. WOrrying. IS the start of the end near?

rovinrover52

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 20, 2011, 06:54:33 pm by rovinrover52 »
Brian Laws

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 20, 2011, 08:27:05 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Stupid post. No memory what so ever

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 20, 2011, 08:35:10 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"River Don\" post=177619

The more I read this the more it f**king astounds me.

(a woman of course) so depressed? SO depressed?

We had to f**king fight to keep this club alive.

so depressed my arse.

It astounds me too, the supporters who have been around for the last 10-40 years have seen far worse than this.
We will get through this but sorry folks YOU have to support the team and manager MORE than you ever have recently. It's called......SUPPORT.
If you think we're having it bad (despite injuries), I suggest you all log in to the Ipswich forum. :laugh:

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 20, 2011, 08:54:27 pm by Red wizard »
Sacking him would be mad. 3 of the teams we have played are are in top 4 atm well will be when West ham win tomorrow. We have had a very tough start made tougher by losing our 3 better players on top of the 9 out all ready. And no the all would not go into the team but we could give players a rest rather than them playing sat tue sat tue. I bet Sheff u wish they stayed with hoofwell. Just think about what you wish for. Tha player have played well for SOD apart from today in all our games. We are 4 games in and i am glad JR will not be thinking this way. Sacking him would just about send us down as a new manager would need time and is own players and we can't do it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012