Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 03:29:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LEWIS DUNK  (Read 3388 times)

weststander

• VSC Member
LEWIS DUNK
« on August 25, 2011, 09:49:29 am by weststander »
On Tuesday I played golf and found that one of the members of the group shares the same surname with the above. Having advised him if he ever visited Doncaster not to divulge his name, I got thinking whether it would be a good idea before the home game against Brighton for the players to do a \"Wayne Bridge\" and refuse to shake LD's hand before the game.
I can see several issues with this:
1) The players might decline this as being unsporting

2) It might spur him on to a match winning performance

3) We might run into trouble with the FA/League for bringing the game into disrepute, or it might tarnish our image in the footballing world

Any thoughts peeps?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Re: LEWIS DUNK
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2011, 10:00:57 am by Albert Trousers »
Let it go what's gone has gone, we will never know if he meant it or not. Do Leicester fans have these kind of issues with Stock's tackle on Matty Fryatt a couple of years ago?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2011, 10:05:44 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"Albert Trousers\" post=179291
Let it go what's gone has gone, we will never know if he meant it or not. Do Leicester fans have these kind of issues with Stock's tackle on Matty Fryatt a couple of years ago?

Bit different, the laddy basically ran into Stock's elbow. Admittedly a broken jam is nasty, but 100% not Stocky's fault.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2011, 10:10:22 am by roversam »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=179292

Bit different, the laddy basically ran into Stock's elbow. Admittedly a broken jam is nasty, but 100% not Stocky's fault.
Could have been worse though CB, it could have been a broken marmalade :whistle:

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2011, 10:12:34 am by Bald Rover »

I doubt it considering the Leicester fans didnt know it was Stocky? werent they booing Hayter lol:cry:

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2011, 10:25:36 am by ctay »
Leicester fans do know it was Stock, and he is not liked because of the incident.

Ref Dunk - lets just let it go now.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2011, 10:35:27 am by jonnydog »
As much as I despise the tackle in question, and indeed the tosser that made it, I think we should put it down to being part of a 'contact' game and move on. Incidents like this happen in football and I for one would be disgusted if they ever tried making it into a non-contact sport.

It was a disgusting tackle, not helped by the fact Hayter got cropped in the same half. But as stated by Albert Trousers, we'll never know if it was malice or stupidity. But it just seems stupid to drag it on.

All we can hope is that he comes to Brighton, and gets shown up by the quality of our football. That speaks more than schoolboy tactics IMO.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2011, 10:43:32 am by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=179298
As much as I despise the tackle in question, and indeed the tosser that made it, I think we should put it down to being part of a 'contact' game and move on. Incidents like this happen in football and I for one would be disgusted if they ever tried making it into a non-contact sport.

It was a disgusting tackle, not helped by the fact Hayter got cropped in the same half. But as stated by Albert Trousers, we'll never know if it was malice or stupidity. But it just seems stupid to drag it on.

All we can hope is that he comes to Brighton, and gets shown up by the quality of our football. That speaks more than schoolboy tactics IMO.

If the clown is playing though, I seem to recall he is only 19 or 20 so would likely be unsettled by torrent of abuse / venom....

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2011, 10:45:27 am by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Are you serious?
And Leicester fans were booing Roberts.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2011, 10:48:29 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Shake his hand, then give Brighton a good stuffing.

That'll do for me.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2011, 10:59:50 am by eastender »

I agree with you Albert,There seems to be a few people with short memories on this board.

Can anyone remember a rather nasty late tackle on Barnsley's Stephen Foster, out on the East stand side line last season.

It resulted in Foster getting a gash that needed 7 stitches and he spent some time out injured.

For those that can't remember it was caused by a frustrated Billy Sharp.:ohmy:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2011, 11:58:47 am by RoversAlias »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=179301
Shake his hand, then give Brighton a good stuffing.

That'll do for me.

Completely agree. Continuing this pointless campaign against Lewis Dunk is pathetic and I was astounded and severely disappointed when I read the headline in the FP last week that John Ryan was considering suing the man. It was a tackle in a football game, a football game that remains this side of the pond a contact sport. It was a terrible tackle, no doubt about it, but it stays there on the football pitch.

VikingJames

« Reply #12 on August 25, 2011, 12:04:48 pm by VikingJames »
Can we stop this now? I hated the tackle and the Brighton response as much as the next Rovers fan, but we're getting a reputation for whining all the time about it. We have a right to whine IMO because the challenge was awful, but can we draw a line under it now, because Brighton fans follow our every move on here and explode into a frenzy of criticism of our fans whenever Lewis Dunk is mentioned on here.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2011, 03:33:37 pm by vaya »
Let's draw a line under it now, or we're in danger of turning it into a soap opera.

I've shat in a bucket and posted it to him. Hopefully that will end matters.

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2011, 03:59:50 pm by London_Rover »
Ah, by the time we play Brighton again they will be relagation fodder and we will be top of the Championship. It won't worries us then.

Sometimes you just have to move on...

:rtid:

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 25, 2011, 04:05:59 pm by benaldo »
It's a mans game is it not - football?

Sometimes I wonder just how near modern football is coming to \"touch football\"? Or where no physical contact is allowed.

It never fails to make me laugh when grown men roll about in \"agony\" when they've been lightly tapped on the arm. In rugby union (and I'm assuming that human males play this game too and that the laws of physics apply equally?) it takes a good whack to injure someone. Modern footballers are not the toughest men on the planet are they.......

Not doubting Sharps injury at all, but the rolling about every match by someone or other makes me laugh. It's the cheats that are ruining football in this respect, not the \"bad tacklers\".

It's a physical game/sport. Let's keep it that way.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 25, 2011, 05:46:25 pm by The Red Baron »
Of course, Sharp didn't roll around. That was how you could tell he was seriously hurt.

A good round of booing when Mr Dunk visits the Keepmoat in March (asuming he isn't suspended. of course) might be in order. But that's about as far as it needs to go.

lifes-better-red-and-white

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2011, 09:51:06 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
Just shake his hand and get on with it,it was a foul and nobody knows whether it was intentional or not,were sounding like a bunch of babies.

Bad tackles and injuries are part and parcel of the game,why make such a fuss over it

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
U LEWD SINK
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2011, 10:23:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
3 points taken from them in the home tie will do me.  I am sure he will get a warm Northern reception - all part of the game.  I was more annoyed by the antics of Poyet and his sidekick - complaining about EVERY decision then harassing the fourth official to add the time on at the end then clamouring to have the whistle blown as soon as they scored the winner.  I had a lot of time for Gus Poyet before that game - now I think he's a Kitson.

Take me as I am or I go home...  The t**t.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2011, 10:25:33 pm by hoolahoop »
Sorry he's still on DUNKWATCH as far as I'm concerned, I'm more worried frankly about how a decent young footballer may be learning bad tricks and who from.
A solid round of booing from me to unsettle him (should he play) should be enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012