Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:25:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have your ashes scattered at the Keepmoat.  (Read 3406 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Have your ashes scattered at the Keepmoat.
« Reply #1 on August 26, 2011, 03:54:38 pm by Filo »
Keepmoat Stadium has already drawn up a list of people hoping to use the garden as their final resting place

I should imagine the SMC will require a Doncaster postcode and you will also have to have a purchase history at the stadium to be on the list they have drawn up! :laugh:

P.S. before anyone asks, I don`t think there`ll be a student discount! :laugh:

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 26, 2011, 03:58:40 pm by redwine »
But Frosty will want it for free, surely?

:laugh:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 26, 2011, 04:09:13 pm by Donnywolf »
Surely as a Season Ticket holder I have already paid to be there ... is JR and the Board going to do owt for the likes of us

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 26, 2011, 04:34:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
My uncle and my cousin had their ashes either scattered or buried (not sure which) on the Bramhall Lane pitch...I wonder how come it can be done there but not here...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 26, 2011, 05:19:29 pm by The Red Baron »
Depends when it was done. I think the practice of scattering ashes on the actual playing surface was stopped a while ago- although I struggle to think what the reason for stopping it is.

GlennKirkwoodFanClub

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 26, 2011, 05:50:49 pm by GlennKirkwoodFanClub »
There's at least three reasons why they don't scatter ashes on the pitch.

1 It kills the grass (burns it I think)
2 It someone as result of a tackle ends up face down in the stuff it isn't going to be nice and
3 with a desso pitch, grass seed and fertiliser gets put on the pitch through the year and then come summer when the refurb is done the top level gets scrapped off and put in a skip. And you wouldn't want Uncle Sidney to end up in there would you.(and it's illegal).

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 26, 2011, 05:58:33 pm by The Red Baron »
Fair enough- although I do remember it used to be common practice. But we could be talking 20 years ago.

Lewis Guys Dentist

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 26, 2011, 06:06:07 pm by Lewis Guys Dentist »
Do you get it for 15 quid if you apply for ticket through email?
Does the club scout scheme cover this?
What if you get spat on by the players?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 26, 2011, 06:08:38 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=179567

I think the quid a kid might be on for this

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2011, 06:20:26 pm by karlos »
This is really good news for people who want to be scattered there however i cant help but feel aggrieved that i first approached the Stadium management about the garden shortly after my father died 18 months ago wanting to scatter my dad there as he was a fan for over 50 years. They told me it was going to be ready sometime soon and would get in touch with me soon to tell me the details. I waited 6 months then had to scatter my dad else where as no one had been in touch and to this day am still waiting to hear from the stadium management totally inept and inconsiderate if you ask me. Anyway rant over dads now resting in peace at the racecourse and willing the rovers on tommorrow for his birthday.

come on you reds.:rtid:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2011, 06:23:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=179556
Depends when it was done. I think the practice of scattering ashes on the actual playing surface was stopped a while ago- although I struggle to think what the reason for stopping it is.

Well, my cousin died Boxing Day 2005 (Thankfully she hung on until that morning so that at least her kids don't have to think of Christmas Day as the day their Mum died...). My uncle died a couple of years before that.

Highland Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 27, 2011, 07:21:22 am by Highland Rover »
Would have been a nice touch to use some of the Belle Vue turf

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 27, 2011, 07:46:59 am by Barmby Rover »
Have you seen the grass at Belle Vue recently? I know what you mean though. My picture of \"my\" girder at Belle Vue which is my avatar is a constant reminder of the old place, I was craning my neck round the damn thing to see some cracking goals, especially in the Div.3 season. How about having a small sculpture by a local artist (a member on here?) made out of bits of OBV?

donnypaul

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 27, 2011, 12:10:00 pm by donnypaul »
cant believe they have stuck it at front near road , not very pieceful and it will just become a place where kids sit on

GM-MarkB

« Reply #15 on August 27, 2011, 12:27:39 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"donnypaul\" post=179661
cant believe they have stuck it at front near road , not very pieceful and it will just become a place where kids sit on

Maximum exposure so that everyone who passes will see it...makes perfect sense to me

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 27, 2011, 07:57:09 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=179564
Fair enough- although I do remember it used to be common practice. But we could be talking 20 years ago.

So all those people who bought a square of Belle Vue turf (or nicked it after the offer ended before the fence was put up) have possibly got bits of cremated uncle Daphne (he never quite lost that beard)??

I can't believe that anyone would want their ashes being repeatedly spat on by the overpaid twonks that grace todays football pitches. And, if none of you are aware, the ammount of ashes a human becomes after burning is actually not insignificant. I'll never forget my grandad being \"scattered\" on a windy day...with much solemnity...only to end up all over everyone in the gusty breeze. Pulling parts of your grandad out of your shirt pockets isn't pleasant. I laughed until I cried that day. He'd have loved it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 27, 2011, 08:05:32 pm by Donnywolf »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=179553
My uncle and my cousin had their ashes either scattered or buried (not sure which) on the Bramhall Lane pitch...I wonder how come it can be done there but not here...

...because if you read this link you will see Bramall Lane was the home of the Ashes in 1902

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bramall_Lane

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 28, 2011, 02:09:09 pm by mjg »
hi
first time on here , i do spend alot of time reading your coments though.
i just had to reply to this subject, i told my wife when i die i want to be scattered
at the keepmoat so i can watch every game for free :scarf:  , joking aside , if i am not scattered inside the ground in front of the south stand then she can forget it, whats the point of seeing the fans turn up for a game and standing outside in the new remorial garden,
that would be horrible for me to here the crowd and wonder whats happening. :evil:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 28, 2011, 02:16:43 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"mjg\" post=179938
hi
first time on here , i do spend alot of time reading your coments though.
i just had to reply to this subject, i told my wife when i die i want to be scattered
at the keepmoat so i can watch every game for free :scarf:  , joking aside , if i am not scattered inside the ground in front of the south stand then she can forget it, whats the point of seeing the fans turn up for a game and standing outside in the new remorial garden,
that would be horrible for me to here the crowd and wonder whats happening. :evil:

Just listen out for Tom Hark :P :thumbsup:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 28, 2011, 02:30:36 pm by Wellred »
It really is a shame they can't scatter ashes on the pitch. Maybe then we could blame that for all the injuries?

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 28, 2011, 02:41:15 pm by Standanista »
I know it's likely to cost me more but me, I see big advantages in buying a ticket rather than getting smuggled in in a glorified spice jar from Ernie Turner's up Conanby.

Anyway, as anybody who has scattered ashes will know, it's nothing like ash, but rather more akin to grit.  Hence, possibly, the crunch-underfoot surrounds of the pitch at OBV.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 28, 2011, 02:43:33 pm by Standanista »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=179568
Quote from: \"Lewis Guys Dentist\" post=179567

I think the quid a kid might be on for this

I'm sure there's a few will have thought about taking that offer up at times! :)

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 28, 2011, 02:49:43 pm by mjg »
My dad was scattered at the OBV and now i wish he had never been put there.
All he can see is an asda car park or buses coming past.Bet he not impressed B) .
I think i will the at somewhere else to put my ashes :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012