Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:17:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Will the board hands be forced?  (Read 26348 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Will the board hands be forced?
« on September 10, 2011, 03:45:21 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
18 games without a win ....quite amazing really?

However to make it clear I am not suggesting we sack him but I DO admit the situation is now very serious indeed!

Cardiff have lost a lot of players and I believed we should get something?

How much longer can this continue? Could the Palace game be the defining moment?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

benaldo

• Forum Member
Re: Will the board hands be forced?
« Reply #1 on September 10, 2011, 03:50:19 pm by benaldo »
I think it's make or break time. SOD out, or players in, or something....but this is actually a shite time to be a Rovers fan. Can't see all the offers in the world getting people into the keepmoat to pay their money to watch a bunch of mis-managed, overpaid, talentless, footballers, get tonked by reserve sides every week.

If JR isn't worried, he should be. No-one except some of us idiots want to watch a team that is openly a laughing stock in the league and the press. Crowds of 1,000 anyone? It's happened before, not too long ago, I was there, it doesn't take much!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 10, 2011, 03:50:49 pm by Chris »
So if you're not suggesting that he should/could be sacked, what are you suggesting?

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 10, 2011, 03:53:34 pm by benaldo »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=181381
So if you're not suggesting that he should/could be sacked, what are you suggesting?

Like I said, I don't know what the answer is, SOD doesn't know either or we'd be winning games, neither does JR (or we'd have some better players). I don't know the answer, but the answer doesn't lie with the current team/manager combination.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 10, 2011, 03:54:50 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=181376
18 games without a win ....quite amazing really?

However to make it clear I am not suggesting we sack him but I DO admit the situation is now very serious indeed!

Cardiff have lost a lot of players and I believed we should get something?

How much longer can this continue? Could the Palace game be the defining moment?

f**king hell! Mr Positive is having doubts!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 10, 2011, 03:55:30 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

Simple fact is the table doesnt lie.

We can moan about injuries / bad luck / we played well, whatever - all teams suffer the same misfortunes....we cant continue to use it as an excuse as we roll on week after week with defeat after defeat.

If SOD is as good as he's made out to be he'll be able to pull us out of this...but he'll have to start pretty damn quick because losing becomes an unfotunate habit.

Victory in an absolute must in the Crystal Palace game at home as far as Im concerned.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 10, 2011, 03:56:48 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=181383
I don't know the answer, but the answer doesn't lie with the current team/manager combination.

Pretty similar combination that was flirting with the play offs the season before last.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 10, 2011, 03:57:56 pm by benaldo »
Everyone has started to wake up I guess. Like Silent \"Murdoch\" Majority is often saying - the facts speak for themselves. No league win in 18 games is laughable. And pointing at injuries is not an excuse any more. Rovers are a club who say they have no money, no wins, falling crowds, disappearing directors, and it looks fecking bleak.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 10, 2011, 03:59:49 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=181388

We can moan about injuries / bad luck / we played well, whatever - all teams suffer the same misfortunes....we cant continue to use it as an excuse as we roll on week after week with defeat after defeat.

If SOD is as good as he's made out to be he'll be able to pull us out of this...but he'll have to start pretty damn quick because losing becomes an unfotunate habit.

Victory in an absolute must in the Crystal Palace game at home as far as Im concerned.

I know it's f**king frustrating, and it's hard to be positive in the stands during times like this, but it's exactly this kind of situation that needs fans to get behind the boys. People such as benaldo may say it doesn't make a difference, that we can't really do anything, but if we want them to believe in themselves, we need to be giving them encouragement too. I know it's gonna be difficult with crowds as low as they are, but we may as well give it as good a crack as we can to make the KM rock (by our not so good standards anyway :laugh: :laugh: ).

Was it Fergie (or some footballing program) that said you only win when you're singing?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 10, 2011, 04:00:35 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=181389
I don't know the answer, but the answer doesn't lie with the current team/manager combination.

Pretty similar combination that was flirting with the play offs the season before last.

You really do amuse me. If we didn't win another point all season you would still think he is the best manager for the job :headbang: :headbang:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 10, 2011, 04:03:02 pm by glosterred »
One of the reason we are struggling to win is the fact that when Billy was injured we should have brought in a striker, a proven striker, instead of a couple of kids on loan. We lack a cutting edge up front and the ability to defend set pieces, especially in the right back area.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 10, 2011, 04:04:22 pm by MrFrost »
Time for JR to come out and tell us what the f**k is going on.
1. A board member is not putting in any more cash, this seems to have been swept under the carpet and forgot about it.

2. WHY don't we have any money. Our directors have a wealth of more than most in this division.

3. Who the f**k decided on the inane ticket prices and structure for this season.

4. Why do we only sign players with a track record of serious injuries?

5. Who the f**k markets the club?

6. What is JR going to do about it.

Very worrying times and I am already resigned to League One football next season.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 10, 2011, 04:05:27 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=181397

You really do amuse me. If we didn't win another point all season you would still think he is the best manager for the job :headbang: :headbang:

Who do you think would be better for us?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 10, 2011, 04:07:32 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=181388

When we had the extra defender on the pitch we competing with Cardiff. People who want us to be more attacking would have Been happy when Lalkovic came on yet we concede goals and we still cannot score. JR said before the season started we did not need another keeper because we had good one he also said we will sign 5 / 6 players and we would be in the top half of the table. These players are doing their best but are not good enough. So what's the board going to do now allow the supporters to blame the manager for their lack of credible investment in the squad. Come John Ryan when the club have success their you are getting all the lime light. Now the going is tough let's hear what you are going to do to back the manager and improve the team.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 10, 2011, 04:09:11 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=181402

That is not my decision to make.

I do believe SOD has taken us as far as he can and in my opinion it is time for a change.
We have 2 games to go to equal a club record of 20 games without a win.
Would you stick with him? The answer to that no doubt will be yes because you will say it is everybody else's fault but his, injuries etc etc.

VikingJames

« Reply #15 on September 10, 2011, 04:10:30 pm by VikingJames »
I don't necessarily buy into the idea that nobody else could do a better job. There are loads of talented managers floating about in the lower leagues.

How do we know nobody else could do a better job? I generally think quite highly of SOD, but things seem to have gone very very stale. We need some new ideas. Every game seems to take the same pattern and every result seems predictable. Nothing changes and I just think we need something to change.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 10, 2011, 04:15:16 pm by ScillyRover »
My sympathy is with SOD. It's ALL about money. We have directors with bursting wallets. Why oh why are they not putting money into the Club (JR excluded). Put up or get out !... would be my preference, not sack the manager!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 10, 2011, 04:16:19 pm by Chris »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=181404

I do believe SOD has taken us as far as he can and in my opinion it is time for a change.
Would you stick with him? The answer to that no doubt will be yes because you will say it is everybody else's fault but his, injuries etc etc.

I'm not asking you to make the decision, I'm asking for who, in your opinion, would be a better option for us. You seem pretty willing to voice the opinion that he should be sacked but when asked who you think would replace him you hide behind \"that's not my decision\".

Yes I do think we should stick with him.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 10, 2011, 04:16:45 pm by Filo »
One things for certain, whoever came in could n`t do much worse, and would n`t get the same degree of patience shown to the present incumbent

VikingJames

« Reply #19 on September 10, 2011, 04:19:52 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=181407

I'm not asking you to make the decision, I'm asking for who, in your opinion, would be a better option for us. You seem pretty willing to voice the opinion that he should be sacked but when asked who you think would replace him you hide behind \"that's not my decision\".

In my opinion, Paul Tisdale could do the job. Similar to SOD but would bring some fresh ideas to the club. Whether we'd be able to get him is another matter, but there's my answer to your question.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 10, 2011, 04:27:00 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"ScillyRover\" post=181406
My sympathy is with SOD. It's ALL about money. We have directors with bursting wallets. Why oh why are they not putting money into the Club (JR excluded). Put up or get out !... would be my preference, not sack the manager!

We have had one board member state he is not putting any more money in, the richest one by the way.
I for one want to know more about this. Gartom originally posted about it and since then it has been swept under the carpet.

I for one am worried. This season is showing all the signs of being a complete and utter disaster. I don't really see where we go from here.

And for me, SOD has taken us as far as he can. We seem to lack any kind of fight or motivation, and this lies with the manager.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 10, 2011, 04:30:13 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Chris\" post=181407

I am not hiding behind saying who I think should replace him. But because I cannot think of someone in particular who should, that isn't a good enough reason to stick with him.

He has run out of ideas and lets face it could anyone do any worse?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #22 on September 10, 2011, 04:40:04 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"ScillyRover\" post=181406

I couldn't agree more Scilly.

I assume said Director(s) was offered the position(s) on the strength of the size of his/their wallets. So why now won't he/they even give Rovers the skin of the top of the custard to try and 'buy' their way out of the sh!t ??

Or is being a Director of the club just something they can brag about while sitting on their yacht in the South of France...while back at home the good ship Rovers is sinking fast ?

Bizarre

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 10, 2011, 04:49:27 pm by steve@dcfd »
The club has gone past where we should be. we cannot go any further who ever the manager is. A different manager may get some better results but the club would still be relegated. we do not have the board to back any manager with championship players. With the players we had available today who could any manager pick to get a better result. When we tried to be more attacking our defence allowed chances. So if John Ryan sacks Sean that's his choice but we do not have the finances to go any further and really not enough to stay in the league. The only chance we have may happen when Billy, Ryan and Brian are all fit and can be added to the team. but our strike force without Billy is league one at best, not the players fault, and our defence and goalkeeper as a unit are league one standard. But all the players and manager will be doing their best but the board are only interested in getting the stadium, that's going to defend and score goals and keep us in this division well done JR and all his cohorts.

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 10, 2011, 04:49:39 pm by Townender »
Maybe the money will come when someone has gone, if you get my drift, it was posted on here a while ago that sod is not the most favoured person with some of the powers that be.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 10, 2011, 04:51:39 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=181423
The club has gone past where we should be. we cannot go any further who ever the manager is. A different manager may get some better results but the club would still be relegated. we do not have the board to back any manager with championship players. With the players we had available today who could any manager pick to get a better result. When we tried to be more attacking our defence allowed chances. So if John Ryan sacks Sean that's his choice but we do not have the finances to go any further and really not enough to stay in the league. The only chance we have may happen when Billy, Ryan and Brian are all fit and can be added to the team. but our strike force without Billy is league one at best, not the players fault, and our defence and goalkeeper as a unit are league one standard. But all the players and manager will be doing their best but the board are only interested in getting the stadium, that's going to defend and score goals and keep us in this division well done JR and all his cohorts.

Do you know how much our board is worth. We have one of the richest in the division. It is their choice not to spend any money, and the result of that choice is now evident for all to see.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 10, 2011, 04:56:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Townender\" post=181424
Maybe the money will come when someone has gone, if you get my drift, it was posted on here a while ago that sod is not the most favoured person with some of the powers that be.

If that is true then the board are lower than a snakes belly. It's the supporters they are hitting we want to see the side stay in the division. if they sack Sean and then give another manager the funds then they are not worth supporting because it is us has supporters they will have hit.

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 10, 2011, 04:58:10 pm by Townender »
It does happen in this sh@tty game we all love mate.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #28 on September 10, 2011, 04:58:13 pm by GM-MarkB »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=181426

If that is true then the board are lower than a snakes belly. It's the supporters they are hitting we want to see the side stay in the division. if they sack Sean and then give another manager the funds then they are not worth supporting because it is us has supporters they will have hit.

I think he may mean Billy

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 10, 2011, 05:03:50 pm by Savvy »

If that actually happened, that would be me finished with the club. The man has kept us in this division on a fecking shoestring for the last 3 years and for him to leave and THEN someone come in and be given money would be the ultimate insult in my eyes.

IF there IS money, it should be given now, to one of the best managers we've had in years!

[attachment=772]oleary.gif[/attachment]

TinyPortal © 2005-2012