Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:51:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Were have  (Read 3024 times)

john_donc857

• Forum Member
Were have
« on September 17, 2011, 08:38:49 pm by john_donc857 »
all the john ryan bum lickers gone to lately. The one's who defended the disastrous season ticket pricing. As delia once said, come on lets be having you

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Were have
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2011, 08:59:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=183039
all the john ryan bum lickers gone to lately. The one's who defended the disastrous season ticket pricing. As delia once said, come on lets be having you

We're still here pal. I'll tell thee something as well, if it weren't for John Ryan we wouldn't be having this debate about staying in the Championship, we'd still be dredging the depths of League Two at best. If anyone thinks this guy has done anything but immense good for our club and our town is a complete arsehole.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2011, 09:20:51 pm by john_donc857 »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=183058

We're still here pal. I'll tell thee something as well, if it weren't for John Ryan we wouldn't be having this debate about staying in the Championship, we'd still be dredging the depths of League Two at best. If anyone thinks this guy has done anything but immense good for our club and our town is a complete arsehole.
                                                                                      Its alright getting us into the championship and convincing the council to spend 36 million pounds worth of tax payers money on a new stadium. That is a dam site more than  john and his freinds have parted with  but don't you think for that stadium to succeed it needs a successfull football team. Thats down to john ryan and the board, we put our money up with the stadium its down to them now

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2011, 09:22:27 pm by ditch_drfc »

f**king well said!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2011, 09:26:16 pm by SkellowRover »

Are you for real? haha :laugh:  

You should be gratful for everything JR has done for this club, if you don't like it go and support Man Ure as you will fit right in there as they win everything :thumbsup:

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2011, 09:38:36 pm by john_donc857 »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=183090

Are you for real? haha :laugh:  

You should be gratful for everything JR has done for this club, if you don't like it go and support Man Ure as you will fit right in there as they win everything :thumbsup:
                                                                                      I applaud your loyalty, but this is serious now. We're in the championship, we've got the stadium and yes we have a lot to be thankfull for to john ryan but we need him to act fast. With the right man in charge we can fill this stadium and fullfill john's dreams. Seans time is up. simple

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2011, 09:57:48 pm by roverssam1879 »
Im a big JR fan, no one else could have put us here in the Championship like he has. but i would like him to give us an update maybe on the DROS at least, its no good steping up to the media when things are just peachy, the fans need a voice in times like these and we just havent got one. come on JR help us out.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2011, 10:18:58 pm by SkellowRover »
Quote from: \"roverssam\" post=183120
Im a big JR fan, no one else could have put us here in the Championship like he has. but i would like him to give us an update maybe on the DROS at least, its no good steping up to the media when things are just peachy, the fans need a voice in times like these and we just havent got one. come on JR help us out.

Yep totally agree. My frustration lies more with other members of the board, on Thursday dizzy dave told us that Terry Bramall has NOT left the board. This bloke alone is worth over £500million and Dick Watson is worth around £200m apparently, yet they refuse to invest into the team and are just happy covering the shortfalls. I know for a fact that when they were invited onto the board that JR was hoping they would invest into the team (i was told this by another director), so JR must feel like tearing his hair out. The problem is that JR is a fan, the other 2 aren't (TB is more interested in his race horses) and because they aren't then investment just isn't going to happen. £10m invested into this club would be massive to the team in terms of buying players and sustaining their wages and a sum like this is pocket change to the Keepmoat 2, and the fact they refuse to invest frustrates me more then anything.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2011, 10:20:49 pm by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"SkellowRover\" post=183130

Yep totally agree. My frustration lies more with other members of the board, on Thursday dizzy dave told us that Terry Bramall has NOT left the board. This bloke alone is worth over £500million and Dick Watson is worth around £200m apparently, yet they refuse to invest into the team and are just happy covering the shortfalls. I know for a fact that when they were invited onto the board that JR was hoping they would invest into the team (i was told this by another director), so JR must feel like tearing his hair out. The problem is that JR is a fan, the other 2 aren't (TB is more interested in his race horses) and because they aren't then investment just isn't going to happen. £10m invested into this club would be massive to the team in terms of buying players and sustaining their wages and a sum like this is pocket change to the Keepmoat 2, and the fact they refuse to invest frustrates me more then anything.

Christ, i've been saying this for months! :laugh:

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2011, 10:30:07 pm by SkellowRover »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=183132

I think everyone knows these things about the board but unfortunately there is little thast can be done about it unless they are bought out, and who is going to do that?
JR doesn't have the wealth alone to sustain this club in the championship and even the KM2 just helping cover the shortfalls is better then nothing.
DM also said on thursday if i remember correctly that by the end of the season the board will have to put another £4m into the club to cover costs etc.
We need a billionaire rovers fan, do the suppoprters club have any members that own an oil corporation in the middle east or russia? :laugh:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 17, 2011, 10:34:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=183132

I can appreciate the frustration from the average fan at two (self-made) guys with deep pockets not putting more money in to the club, but let's remember that there is nothing to stop them just walking off the board tomorrow and there is a queue of approximately, give or take, roughly, estimated ZERO millionaires looking to take their place on the board and help out JR with the financial stability of the club. I remember JR saying that he had fought off competition from other local clubs (this Wendies was mentioned) to get them involved with Rovers. They have helped out in the past (e.g. Sharp) and have no doubt offered cheap loans to the club as well as providing an initial capital investment in return for diluting JRs equity. Please god let's not start hounding these people out.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 17, 2011, 11:09:41 pm by roverssam1879 »
Just confirm me this then SKELLOW, has any member of the board stepped down ? i know it was rumoured that Terry Bramall had walked but it was only a rumour ???

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2011, 06:55:14 am by RTID75 »
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=183079

Its alright getting us into the championship and convincing the council to spend 36 million pounds worth of tax payers money on a new stadium. That is a dam site more than  john and his freinds have parted with  but don't you think for that stadium to succeed it needs a successfull football team. Thats down to john ryan and the board, we put our money up with the stadium its down to them now

Not sure how long you're been on board or whether you're got a very short memory to be honest as I'm not sure I've ever read a more erroneous statement on this forum.

I'm totally with Chris Black here, only I'd go further in that we probably wouldn't have a club at all without JR.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 18, 2011, 07:17:34 am by MrFrost »
Quote from: \"roverssam\" post=183148
Just confirm me this then SKELLOW, has any member of the board stepped down ? i know it was rumoured that Terry Bramall had walked but it was only a rumour ???

It was gartom who stated he was no longer investing.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 18, 2011, 07:38:50 am by john_donc857 »
Quote from: \"RTID75\" post=183175
Quote from: \"john_donc857\" post=183079

Not sure how long you're been on board or whether you're got a very short memory to be honest as I'm not sure I've ever read a more erroneous statement on this forum.

I'm totally with Chris Black here, only I'd go further in that we probably wouldn't have a club at all without JR.
                                                                                     YAWN YAWN

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 18, 2011, 08:24:23 am by Sprotyrover »

What can be said to placate someone who joins a forum and then makes 48 negative posts!!!

'FOLL DE ROLL!!!':byebye

Now F*ck off back to WACOE! :rtid:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 18, 2011, 08:28:34 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=183178

It was gartom who stated he was no longer investing.

Are you sure?

You make a lot of rash statements without researching your facts!

For the record, I don`t know who stated it on here, but I`m pretty sure it was n`t Gartom

redmist

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 18, 2011, 08:36:25 am by redmist »
I really hope JR isn't reading this!! If you are John, please forgive a minority of short sighted \"fans\" they have eyes but don't see!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 18, 2011, 08:39:31 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"redmist\" post=183193
I really hope JR isn't reading this!! If you are John, please forgive a minority of short sighted \"fans\" they have eyes but don't see!

As I've said on a number of occasions it's a good job JR is a patient man and it's not me in his place.  If it was and I read some of the downright disrespectful stuff on the forum this weekend I'd be off and then some of our \"fans\" would be begging for the days of being bottom of the championship.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 18, 2011, 09:06:47 am by Sprotyrover »
This Cretin isnt a fan he has made 48 posts on here and not one has been positive or pro Rovers!!!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 18, 2011, 09:38:35 am by Padge_DRFC »
What was wrong with season ticket prices? Club scout, monthly payments, Less than £15 quid a game in the south stand even without the club scout scheme.

For Championship football and comparible to the other clubs in the league I think season ticket prices at DRFC are fine.

I hear some season tickets at elland road are £700 plus. Are they allowed to pay in installments or introduce a friend to save money? Doubt it at all

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 18, 2011, 04:05:23 pm by SkellowRover »

I can confirm that at Thursdays fans forum that Dave Morris said that NOBODY has left the board or stood down because he was asked by someone in attendance. However he never mentioned anything about people stopping investing, so whether Terry Brammall is staying on the board (as he owns a lot of shares in the club) and not investing then i couldn't tell you. However when DM was asked if we were any nearer to buying the ground he said \"no\" which is concerning as JR said hopefully we were 3 months away before a few weeks ago at the VSC AGM, i know it was Terry Brammall that was the largest investor in buying the ground so if he is now refusing to invest and this is what has caused a delay in buying the ground then the rumours regarding him stopping putting money in could all be true, this of course is just speculation on my part but i can't see any other reason.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 18, 2011, 04:17:05 pm by benaldo »

Have to take issue with that. Dick Watson is there most home games, so is his wife, their daughter, her husband, their kids. DW jumps about and shouts at the ref as much as JR does. I can't understand why he's not backing the club with more of his gazillions, it's a mystery. I do think that they are contributing very little for what turns out to be - car parking outside the east stand, free meals, good seats to all games home and away, plus the chance to brag to your mates that you're a director of a championship football club (albeit a shit one).
I would have thought that if the shortfall to the club (purported to be £3,000,000 a year..though I sometimes wonder) was split just between the big 3 that's peanuts? And that's without asking Highfield (a very rich man by all accounts), Wrights investment bloke (who comes to a fair few games still), for any big cash.

Is this the interview crib sheet for a potential Rovers director interview? -

Ask if they have any money? (If answer yes, move on)

Are they going to spend any of it? (if answer yes or no move on)

Do you like football? (If answer no, then ignore and move on)

Are you honestly going to spend any of your £568,000,000 on Rovers (If answer no, then shake hand and welcome on board anyway)

I wonder what people like Highfield contribute? Are the Rovers books open for anyone to see? because I smell something fishy going on, and I don't live near Grimsby.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 18, 2011, 04:21:56 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=183358

Have to take issue with that. Dick Watson is there most home games, so is his wife, their daughter, her husband, their kids. DW jumps about and shouts at the ref as much as JR does. I can't understand why he's not backing the club with more of his gazillions, it's a mystery. I do think that they are contributing very little for what turns out to be - car parking outside the east stand, free meals, good seats to all games home and away, plus the chance to brag to your mates that you're a director of a championship football club (albeit a shit one).
I would have thought that if the shortfall to the club (purported to be £3,000,000 a year..though I sometimes wonder) was split just between the big 3 that's peanuts? And that's without asking Highfield (a very rich man by all accounts), Wrights investment bloke (who comes to a fair few games still), for any big cash.

Are you honestly going to spend any of your £568,000,000 on Rovers (If answer no, then shake hand and welcome on board anyway)

I wonder what people like Highfield contribute? Are the Rovers books open for anyone to see? because I smell something fishy going on, and I don't live near Grimsby.

There is also a pretty well off director living in Jersey.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 18, 2011, 04:23:06 pm by Filo »

Check your lass`s knickers, it might be coming from there :laugh:

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 18, 2011, 04:23:31 pm by SkellowRover »

DW isn't a fan and as passionate about the club compared to JR or us, DW has only been interested in the club since he joined the board, afterall can you blame him as he's a business man and has invested into the club, even if it's just pocket change to what his wealth is. A real fan with the money he had would invest in my opinion whereas i think DW just sees coming to a match as a good day out to impress other businessmen. TB is more interested in his race horses then he is in the club and would rather invest in that area.
I agree about something fishy going on at boardroom level at the club and the fans are being kept in the dark regarding something major that may have happened.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012